GDT: 11/06/2019 | Game 17 | Red Wings @ Rangers | 8:00 EST | NBCSN

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Damn, maybe we can get the goal differential one than maybe.
-265, at this rate it is a possibility as well as lowest GF/G in the modern era, 2.

The GD record was set by the same Caps team which was the worst team in the modern era because the expansion lottery was set up for them to basically fail as a team. Pretty much ruined hockey in DC for 3 decades until Ovechkin got drafted. There was so little interest in hockey that even playoff games didn't sell out in the 80's and 90's.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
I think it's time to send him to GR and call up Pickard. Either that or fire Blash.

Time to wake up the team somehow.

Apparently the Wings went for option three: a diminutive forward with multiple serious knee injuries.

The Wings need to get a goalie who is capable of just being consistently average and get a better blueline in place. Keep Blash, fire Blash, whatever Blash. Those two things are killing us right now.

The Flying Octopus

Sep 18, 2017
Birmingham
This is becoming comical. Its understandable why there are people, and there are many, that do not support a coaching change. I get that. No need to circle around a topic that has been debated countless of times over his career in Detroit. However, its time for a change. Who that is? Why fire Blashill and promote a HC that may/may not be here next season? Great questions, which have been answered and debated countless of times over the course of this season and will continue to be debated, if not fired. So I ask, how can we as fans still sit here and debate that Blashill shouldn't be fired and its not his fault? It most certainly his is fault and those faults are many, from lines, player favorites, system, adaptability, and the most important--MOTIVATION. He simply can't motivate a NHL locker room. He can't motivate the team during a game, winning or losing. He can't motivate his players via the media, due to his coy like attitude. So again, what the ___k! is so special about JB, that's worthy of keeping this guy around? Sure, few players have progressed under him, but, lets be honest--that is on the player (AM, DL), not Blashill. Prospects that should be in the lineup on a consistent basis, are either not on the team, going in/out of lineup and being sent up/down. This isn't just this year, but a trend over the course of his coaching career in Detroit. Prospects that have developed and hold current lineup spots are simply not getting better. So, why? Why keep him around? I'm all for the #1 pick, which is a crap shoot to begin with, but its not worth ruining our young bucks confidence, getting blown out night in/out. His lineup isn't the best, but he can get more out of it, well, so we all thought. Change needs to happen soon. Lets hope.

Reactions: Go Wings

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net
Bowey was decent. Hirose looked much better. AA was flying. Flip accidentally scored a goal. As has been stated, the skaters looked pretty good, for the most part.

Howie, man, it's been real.

Blashill's only saving grace for me tonight (pulling the goalie with 6 minutes left, down by 3, wtflolkbye) was having 71, 72, 73, and I think 74 on the ice at the same time. Which, let's face it, was probably just a happy little accident. Too bad Ehn couldn't have jumped on for a second and made my OCD complete.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Did Hicketts play better? Always liked the guy but his last games were very bad compared to the ones he played in earlier years.
Missed the game but noticed that he's the only plus player besides Biega who only played a good 8mins.

Last edited:

TheMule93

On a mule rides the swindler
May 26, 2015
Ontario
We are now the worst team in the league both in terms of goals per game and goals against per game.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Did Hicketts play better? Always liked the guy but his last games were very bad compared to the one he played in earlier years.
Missed the game but noticed that he's the only plus player besides Biega who only played a good 8mins.

Hicketts was Hicketts. He was out for at least one of the power play goals, got pushed around a lot, ran around a lot. The guy works out there but he's just abused by the forecheck and board work of NHLers.

avssuc

Hockey is for everyone!
May 1, 2016
Gulf Coast
The only team in my lifetime that I have seen worse than this is the 92-93 Ottawa Senators.

What makes this statement worse is that Ottawa had motivation to be bad since this was 2 years before even the primitive NHL lottery. Hopefully Lafreniere isn't cut from the French-Canadian bust mold like Daigle was.

FMichael

Dec 22, 2010
Wisconsin
At this point it's borderline hilarious how bad we've become. Can't lose 3-4 or 2-3, gotta get blown out by 3 to 4 goals literally every night
And this is why I'm leaning towards the idea that there needs to be a new guy behind the bench...Losing like you said by a goal is one thing, but losing by 3 plus, and looking lost out there is sumthin else.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
Second round pick

Sold!

And this is why I'm leaning towards the idea that there needs to be a new guy behind the bench...Losing like you said by a goal is one thing, but losing by 3 plus, and looking lost out there is sumthin else.

My issue is that the team, as a whole, didn't look lost. One guy looked lost but it happened to be the goalie. I need to start going through the GDTs or find some video highlights of games and start seeing how many bad goals our goalies have been giving up.

plymouthmi

Jan 17, 2015
Chicago
The lousy part about tonight is that the Wings really didn't play a bad game, at least not for them. Howard's got to make some of those stops.
This is how I felt too. I'm not in MI and don't have an NHL package so don't get to see a lot of games. This was only the 2nd I've seen this year since it was national coverage and I didn't think they looked that bad. I was prepared to witness a trainwreck of a team and I didn't think they played that bad. Momentary lapses here and there and St. Louis was more able to capitalize plus Howard kind of lost it (I thought he was good in the first period).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad