GDT: 11/06/2019 | Game 17 | Red Wings @ Rangers | 8:00 EST | NBCSN

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
This one is on National Television. Good, now everyone can watch for a few minutes then come to realize, "Why am I watching this crap" just like the rest of us on a game by game basis.

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Why would our team have any Nationally televised games? Weird decision by NBC to put a terrible team on, cause that must really bring in the views.

odin1981

There can be only 1!
Mar 8, 2013
Canton Mi
If Howard plays he might actually be lights out. Granted it's only when NY or LA he plays against.

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
Why would our team have any Nationally televised games? Weird decision by NBC to put a terrible team on, cause that must really bring in the views.
I imagine it's the same as other pro leagues. Each team has a guaranteed number of nationally televised games. If you HAVE to put the Wings on you're looking for Tor or Chi probably. But if you're trying to mitigate the crap product put it on a early season Wednesday night. Throw in a mediocre O-6 and get it over with.

Reactions: Oddbob

ridilon

Sep 14, 2017
If Howard plays he might actually be lights out. Granted it's only when NY or LA he plays against.
And the Wings are 10-1 against the Preds and always play them tough and will come out like gangbusters and get a win.

TCNorthstars

Jan 5, 2009
Lansing area, MI

I'd bet that there would be more viewers for a Rangers/Wings game (even though both are terrible) than a Blues/Oilers game on U.S. National tv.

theYman

Feb 28, 2008
Wondering if Mcilrath will get the boos or recognition since he was a Ranger at one time.

RedMenace

Jul 24, 2006
www.ShattenkirksKrakenshirt.net

The TV schedule was likely made WELL before the season even started.

Wondering if Mcilrath will get the boos or recognition since he was a Ranger at one time.

I wonder how many casual fans even remember they drafted him...

... then again, he'll definitely get booed if he takes Lemieux's head off.

Last edited:
Reactions: ealong59

Hammettf2b

oldmanyellsatcloud.jpg
Jul 9, 2012
So California
The TV schedule was likely made WELL before the season even started.

I wonder how many casual fans even remember they drafted him...

... then again, he'll definitely get booed if he takes Lemieux's head off.
As if making the schedule before the season started made any difference. It's not like they thought this team was going to be any good.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
The Wings will draw ratings no matter what their record is. Detroit fans are all over the country and always travel well.

For casual fans outside of Michigan, these games are the only ones that you'll get to see all season. Unless you get NHL.TV or stream through other places of course.

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
As if making the schedule before the season started made any difference. It's not like they thought this team was going to be any good.

Have to remember that even as a dumpster fire of an organization, the NHL will market a Original 6 matchup to the grave. They can promote Kakko and Panarin and Trouba to go with players like Larkin, and their are people involved in the NBC broadcast who have pushed to make Mantha a more marketed player with his skill set.

It might not retain viewers when games get out of hand, but Wings are still a strong brand to draw the initial attention from a casual fan on a Wednesday when there's nothing else worth watching in sports.

Reactions: RedMenace

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Smith vs McIlrath bout maybe?

Maybe they'll sit Hirose down for a minute and let him watch... or go to Grand Rapids. Anyone know if he would have to go through waivers?

It is based on games played and service time I believe, and I am 95% sure he hasn't played enough to need to clear waivers, which is even more a dumb reason why he is still with the Wings. He isn't ready and doesn't look like an NHL'er at this point.

Reactions: RedMenace

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
I am gonna go with 3-1 Wings tonight. We usually play decent against the Rangers, so I will go with a little hope we can actually win a game or at very least not give up 3-8 goals for once.

Larkin, Erne and Hronek with the goals.

Reactions: DatsDeking

DatsDeking

Jun 25, 2013
Hoping for a good game out of Perlini. Since we don’t have much of a chance actually beating Chicago, I’d like to beat them in this trade haha. Jokes aside. I think Perl might benefit from some time on the second line with Filp and AA. That would give that line some speed on the wings and a responsible center. It would be nice to get some secondary scoring going.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad