GDT: 11/01/13- "U.S. Blues":St. Louis Blues Vs Florida Panthers Game 13 7:30 PM Puck Drop

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mogo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 26, 2002
That's when you know your goalie of the future is a bust when people will rather see Clemmensen in goal.

LUUUUUIS

Nov 2, 2011
Florida
I usually watch the player and coach interview videos after home games... at this point, I'm much more interested in Tallon interviews.

PSLguy

#TimeToHunt
Jan 14, 2013
Port St. Lucie, FL
I don't understand how you guys are so disappointed. This was all to be seen in the summer. Our squad is pitiful. Not much Dineen can do about it, but sack him if you want. It's not like he's helping.

The squad may be pitiful but what is expected is 60 minutes of effort. It seems like as soon as the Blues scored their first goal the Panthers gave up!

Last edited:

PBPantherfan

Feb 7, 2010
Lake Worth, FL
I don't understand how you guys are so disappointed. This was all to be seen in the summer. Our squad is pitiful. Not much Dineen can do about it, but sack him if you want. It's not like he's helping.

You're right look at our roster what line would these guys be on if they were on a playoff team. The lack of skill or experience doesn't explain the lack of compete though.

Centers
Barkov 3rd line maybe he's our 1st line center
Bjugstad should be in the AHL he's our second line center
Goc 3rd line shut down he's been our 1st 2nd and 3rd at times
Gomez 4th liner

Wingers
Boyes 2nd line because otherwise he is useless
Flash 2nd line
Huberdeau 2nd line
Versteeg 3rd line
Winchester 4th line maybe not on a good squad
Matthias 3rd or 4th line
Upshall 4th line off team
Bergy solid 3rd liner
Barch 4th/ scratch
Kopecky 3rd Kopecky has been absolute crap this year don't know if he is hurt or what but he has been bad.

Defense
Campbell 2nd pairing first maybe if he has a solid D partner
Gilbert 5-6
Kulikov 4
Weaver 5
Guds 5-6
Gilroy 5-6
Whitney scratch or out of league.

Goalies
Thomas is a number 1
Marky should be a backup learning from a vet
Clemmer backup

Ekblad

Mar 10, 2010
Miami, Florida
That's when you know your goalie of the future is a bust when people will rather see Clemmensen in goal.

I understand and agree that Markström has been well below what all of us had hoped so far. However, I disagree with putting too much blame on him for us loosing (this is not specific to you mogo, just all of us in general). He is still very young for a goaltender, and if we gave up on him now, Im quite sure it would be another trade we will look back on with an all too familiar feeling of disgust.
What can we expect from our goaltender when the 18 players infront of him plays with no urgency what so ever, allowing opponents to get open and shoot wherever they like? And even moreso, those times he plays well we just cant seem to get a puck into the net!

We are currently icing a team that are content with being on an nhl roster, but doesn't really care too much for the panthers. We need more players with the hustle of winchester, the will of weaver and the skill of campbell if we're gonna get anywhere this season.

Lastly, some of our assistant coaches should be let go too. How is it that every time we get on the powerplay, we seem to loose momentum and I feel we're closer to giving up a goal rather than scoring?

NJ_CATS_FAN

We Dont Suck Anymore
Mar 21, 2006
N.J.
Did not watch this game, didnt even plan on watching this game so when I checked the score on the phone and saw 4-0, I just started laughing. But without even watching, and being a fan, it is just obvious of a few things.

1. This team is a complete joke of a team. We are always just a practice team for the opponents. Noone takes our team seriously, so why should the fans anymore? This team is always just one disappointment after another and it NEVER gets better. Every year is the same ********. EVERY year!

2. I am sick and ****ing tired of after every game hearing Dineen and/or Tallon and/or the players talk about "we didnt have any or much effort tonight". This is the ****ing NHL and its like everyone treats our team like a ****ing pee wee team. With this team, its like all they care about is the whole, if you try your best thats all that matters ********. Im sick of it!!!!!

3. Which leads to this franchise completely cleaning house of the entire coaching staff. HC, assistants, goalie coach, everyone!!! Can we for once bring in a legit HC and staff????? The dump and chase system should have been stopped years ago, but no, they still do it. Enough already!!!! I dont care who they bring in as HC, as long as its a hard nosed ******* of a coach. Just look at our coaches over the years, its never been that way and you watch them on the bench or in the interviews and just seems like they dont give a ****. So why should the fans continue to support this ****?

4. Again, without seeing the game, it sounds like Markstrom was awful again tonight. Now granted, our D doesnt help to give all the blame to Markstrom, but he is just awful. He is a bust and will never amount to anything. When you give up a bunch of early and awful goals all the time, you will never win. With the exception of Barkov, Hubs, Guds, Bjugs, and the young guns, everyone needs to be available to get shipped out of here.

5. With the new ownership now, they better to start fixing things immediately! By now, they are probably saying to themselves, what the **** did I just get myself into with this franchise!

The Panthers are exactly like one of those little restaurants that open in a decent location, but never succeed, so they close down, and a new restaurant takes over. They last a year or two, and they close down and the next one rolls in and it just keeps going on and on and on. This team is a complete joke, everyone knows that, and nothing will ever change until we actually get people who know what they are doing.

gudzilla

Aug 9, 2012
KD is pretty fiery when he's mad, but i guess he just gave up on the team

but overall, i tend to agree, even if im not sure thats teh right way to go, something n to be done. a booth trade or so, making sure every1 knows they're not safe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->