GDT: #11 – Canadiens at Sabres – Thu Feb 7 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – Radio: WGR-AM

Woodhouse

Dec 20, 2007
New York, NY
gdt-08-top-1.png
gdt-08-top-2.png

gdt-08-top-3.png
gdt-08-top-4.png

GDT #11: CANADIENS (6-3-0) at SABRES (3-6-1) – THU FEB 7 – 7:00PM ET – TV: MSG-B – RADIO: WGR-AM

2.05 – Enroth can’t solve Sabres’ woes (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

2.06 – Sabres notebook: Pardy more than ready when called (John Vogl – The Buffalo News)

2.06 – Reeling Sabres searching for answers on ‘off day’ (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)

2.06 – 'Steamer' helps Habs pass smell test (Brenda Branswell – Montreal Gazette)

2.06 – Sabres notebook: Faceoffs get extra attention in practice (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

2.06 – Any Sabres’ moves won’t include Ruff (Mike Harrington – The Buffalo News)

2.06 – Sabres GM Regier has seen it all (Pat Hickey – Montreal Gazette)

2.06 – Bruins rally for 2-1 win over Habs (Pat Hickey – Montreal Gazette)

2.07 – Last-place Sabres trying to dig out of early-season hole (Bill Hoppe – Olean Times Herald)​
header-350x60-team-news-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

BUFFALO SABRES

Projected Lineup

26 Thomas Vanek ("A") - 19 Cody Hodgson - 29 Jason Pominville ("C")
82 Marcus Foligno - 63 Tyler Ennis - 21 Drew Stafford ("A")
9 Steve Ott - 25 Mikhail Grigorenko - 55 Jochen Hecht
32 John Scott - 8 Cody McCormick - 42 Nathan Gerbe

10 Christian Ehrhoff - 3 Jordan Leopold
6 Mike Weber - 57 Tyler Myers
33 TJ Brennan - 52 Alexander Sulzer

30 Ryan Miller
1 Jhonas Enroth

Lineup News & Notes

Christian Ehrhoff (muscle strain), Matt Ellis, Patrick Kaleta (neck), Ville Leino (IR; strained right hip), Robyn
Regehr (IR; ankle sprain) and Andrej Sekera (bruised ankle) were scratched in Tuesday's 4-3 loss to Ottawa.
Ryan Miller starts in goal, while Regehr and Sekera remain out; Ehrhoff will dress for warm-ups and expects
to play tonight.

Weekly Transactions

Buffalo recalled defenseman Adam Pardy from AHL/Rochester on Monday.

According to the Stats

Buffalo were 5-0-1 in six games versus Montreal last season, with Ryan Miller appearing five times and stopping
143 of 150 shots against (4-0-1, 1.37 GAA, .953 SV%). Their leading scorers in the series were former center
Derek Roy, with one goal and seven assists, and Jason Pominville, with two goals and two assists. However,
they lost last Saturday's matchup in Montreal by a score of 6-1.
header-350x60-opp-news-left.png
header-350x60-opp-news-right.png

MONTREAL CANADIENS

Projected Lineup

67 Max Pacioretty - 51 David Desharnais - 72 Erik Cole
27 Rene Bourque - 14 Tomas Plekanec - 21 Brian Gionta ("C")
8 Brandon Prust - 27 Alex Galchenyuk - 73 Brendan Gallagher
53 Ryan White - 81 Lars Eller - 20 Colby Armstrong

79 Andrei Markov ("A") - 74 Alexei Emelin
26 Josh Gorges ("A") - 61 Raphael Diaz
55 Francis Bouillon - 76 PK Subban

30 Peter Budaj
31 Carey Price

Lineup News & Notes

Tomas Kaberle, Petteri Nokelainen (IR; back), Yannick Weber and Ryan White were scratched in yesterday's
2-1 loss to Boston. Peter Budaj could start tonight in Montreal's second leg of back-to-back games.

Weekly Transactions

Mike Blunden was reassigned to AHL/Hamilton last week, while Aaron Palushaj was lost on waivers to Colorado
on Tuesday.

According to the Stats

Montreal were 1-3-2 in six games versus Buffalo last season, with Carey Price appearing five times and stopping
142 of 154 shots against (1-3-1, 2.35 GAA, .922 SV%). Max Pacioretty, with two goals and four assists, and Erik
Cole, with two goals and two assists, were their leading scorers in the series. However, they won last Saturday's
matchup in Montreal by a score of 6-1.

header-350x60-stats-standings-left.png
header-350x60-stats-standings-right.png

gdt-11-stats-standings-1.png
gdt-11-stats-standings-2.png

header-350x60-multimedia-left.png
header-350x60-default-right.png

A/V CLUB

2.05 – Highlights of Buffalo's 4-3 loss to Ottawa. <5:14>

2.05 – Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following Buffalo's 4-3 loss to Ottawa. <1:07>

2.06 – Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following Buffalo's practice. <8:46>

2.06 – Patrick Kaleta speaks with the media following Buffalo's practice. <2:41>

2.06 – Ryan Miller speaks with the media following Buffalo's practice. <7:48>

2.06 – Kevin Sylvester with the latest in 'Sabres CheckOut for Feb. 6'. <4:43>

2.06 – Highlights of Montreal's 2-1 loss to Boston. <4:11>

2.06 – Michel Therrien speaks with the media following Montreal's 2-1 loss to Boston. <5:07>

2.07 – Lindy Ruff speaks with the media following Buffalo's morning skate. <5:34>

GAMEDAY CHAT

IRC Server: irc.esper.net ... Channel: #sabres ... If you have questions: FYI - Sabres Chat

Last edited:

BuiltTagonTough

Stand still laddy!
Jul 2, 2009
Buffalo
Much as I want Ruff gone, I'm sick of losing.

Pound them into the ground.

Sabres by 2.

Please don't lose 8 of 9. It's just too sad to contemplate we could soon be in last place...

kirby11

Mar 16, 2011
Buffalo, NY
Much as I want Ruff gone, I'm sick of losing.

Pound them into the ground.

Sabres by 2.

Please don't lose 8 of 9. It's just too sad to contemplate we could soon be in last place...

Don't worry, after that we'll make a heroic run to 9th or 10th and screw up our chances of drafting another high end talent/getting ruff out of here.
I'm feeling another loss. The opener was the only time I recall our team being average/above average at offense, defense, and goaltending for most of one game.

Fire Lindy

Trust the System
Jan 3, 2011
No excuses for this one, Montreal just played tonight...wouldn't be surprised if Price sits this one out

sba

Mar 25, 2004
Buffalo, NY
I could of worked from home tomorrow so I could watch this...I'm driving 45 minutes into the office to go to a meeting at 3pm instead. Boom, Sabres hockey.

jBuds

pretty damn valuable
Sponsor
Apr 9, 2005
Richmond, VA
Awesome GDT, per usual.

Budaj should start for Les Habitants, and we already had the syndrome of making any and every backup in hockey look like a Patrick Roy in his prime in recent seasons... This team should certainly continue that trend.

5-2 Habs

Patchaready, Jeayanta, Siouxbhan, Galligger, and Pleckannitz

Hahdjcin, Brennynne

Taelin

Resident Hipster
Jan 17, 2012
Vancouver
Can't watch this game live, so I'm hoping it'll be worth it.

If not, I'll jump on the "Stop Winnin' for McKinnon" bandwagon! ;)

ryanbiggame*

Man, I don't even care about the games anymore. More important things come to mind when a sabres game is on like what kind of liquor I'm going to consume, what kind of drugs ill be doing. Idk if anyone else is to this point yet. You should try it out, makes game a lot more enjoyable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad