10th overall: Skille, O'marra, Staal or Bergfors?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vic Rattlehead*

For the Bruins, I'd pick O'Marra. Skille would be right behind. Bergfors and Stall are very good prospects, but the Bruins are in dire need of a forward, not a defenceman.

Onion Boy

Jan 29, 2004
Brooklyn, NY
Depends on your team needs (BPA to a point, but they're all so close).

From the NYR, I'd probably go with O'Marra with both Bergfors and Skille closely behind. While the Rangers have pretty good depth and could go for the higher upside players, our prospect depth at center is still pretty weak and O'Marra has all the traits of being a long time, consistent player at the NHL level. Captain material maybe.

Blind Gardien

nexus of the crisis
Apr 2, 2004
Four Winds Bar
BPA goes out the window early in this draft. I wouldn't be able to fish a BPA name from amongst Skille, O'Marra, Bergfors, and Staal.

So for my team, it comes to needs. Montreal has some fast dynamic winger prospects like Bergfors already. So he's out. We just drafted Chipchura who is somewhat redundant with O'Marra. Skille... okay, personally, I'm not a fan so maybe BPA comes in a little bit just because I don't like him that high, but we do need some power wingers. But bottom line, we need defense even more, so Staal is my man from this group.

It would be totally different if I was picking for a different team, though.

RandomCanuckFan

Jan 23, 2005
19bruins19 said:
For the Bruins, I'd pick O'Marra. Skille would be right behind. Bergfors and Stall are very good prospects, but the Bruins are in dire need of a forward, not a defenceman.

Bergfors is a forward.

I'd take Skille. But why make the title 10th overall pick? Why not just ask who you would take out of the group? Because someone else might fall to #10 and then even with all of these guys there you would have a better choice..

ktownhockey

Mar 29, 2004
Ontario canada
If the Maple Leafs had to choose between these four I think they'd take Skille.. He fits right into their mold of toughness with skill and will probably develop into a solid goal scorer down the road.

Safir*

Skille; O'Marra; Staal; Bergfors

I prefer Skille over the other three guys, but these three are closer in value for me.

BwayBshirt

Mar 31, 2004
My NY State of Mind
i'd go skille, staal, o'marra, bergfors

i've liked more of what i've read from skille than the others.

usually, highly picked in the top 10-ish range fare pretty well for the nhl in recent years, so staal would be next.

o'marra has good size and intangibles it seems.

what i've heard of bergfors, i can't help but think p.j. axelsson-type. which is good, don't get me wrong.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad