Bruins-Rask.png

Bruins-improve.png

Bruins-moves.png

Reactions: smithformeragent

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Who put this out? The Kraft family? 48% lol

My so-called Pat's fanatic friends (many of them) don't care don't watch anymore.

I would have guessed the Red Sox at 48%, shocked at how low the C's are listed.

Last edited:
Reactions: Gordoff

Bruinaura

Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014

My so-called Pat's fanatic friends (many of them) don't care don't watch anymore.

I'm not from Boston, nor am I in any way a basketball fan, but I always thought the Celtics were more popular than that.

Then again my knowledge is probably a remnant of my memories of hearing about Bird vs Magic. :wally:

NextBigThing

Feb 25, 2010
Pattaya, Thailand

Huh? The Patriots still dominate the sports landscape across New England. The Red Sox are a distant second and have a rapidly aging fan base. NESN must be embarrassed when they see the demo breakdown for these Sox games.

Gator Mike

Feb 28, 2002
Woburn, MA
Visit site
I can't decide if I'm more confused by the fact that 53% of fans don't think the Red Sox are better than they were a year ago, or that 15% of fans don't think the Revolution - currently on pace to break the Major League Soccer record for points in a season - are any better than they were last season.

4ORRBRUIN

Sep 27, 2005
boston
Huh? The Patriots still dominate the sports landscape across New England. The Red Sox are a distant second and have a rapidly aging fan base. NESN must be embarrassed when they see the demo breakdown for these Sox games.

If you are talking about the media In regard to the pats I would agree, Still not buying the 48% number. That's just bogus.

Baseball is dying a slow death across the entire landscape in the states, so that's no surprise I guess

Asked the same questions if the Pats get off to an 0-3 start or 20 games into the Bruins season. The timing of this poll is the ONLY reason I could even begin to think these numbers are real.

I'm no Bball fan but that C's popularity is not that far down the list either.

Was this a poll geared toward Bruin fans? Did they ask what Pat fans think of their coaching hires? Or what their weaknesses are? Because they sucked bad last year and until they play a real game nothing has changed until proven otherwise.

This poll just smells like Kraft PR to me.

With all that being said this winter is going to be a blast with these teams to see what direction they are going in. It feels like a new era is upon us.

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
I'm not from Boston, nor am I in any way a basketball fan, but I always thought the Celtics were more popular than that.

Then again my knowledge is probably a remnant of my memories of hearing about Bird vs Magic. :wally:

As another non-New Englander, my understanding is that the Celtics have a good core fanbase, but don't attract a huge amount of interest amongst the wider sporting public, playoffs excluded of course. So while there'd be some survey respondents who'd list the Pats or Sox as their fav without having a huge care factor about either, very few casual fans are going to identify the Celtics as their preferred team. The Bruins have them covered in terms of that wider, more consistent following beyond just the diehards. If any of this is wrong, locals please correct me!

Aussie Bruin

Sponsor
Aug 3, 2019
Victoria, Aus
If you are talking about the media In regard to the pats I would agree, Still not buying the 48% number. That's just bogus.

Baseball is dying a slow death across the entire landscape in the states, so that's no surprise I guess

Asked the same questions if the Pats get off to an 0-3 start or 20 games into the Bruins season. The timing of this poll is the ONLY reason I could even begin to think these numbers are real.

I'm no Bball fan but that C's popularity is not that far down the list either.

Was this a poll geared toward Bruin fans? Did they ask what Pat fans think of their coaching hires? Or what their weaknesses are? Because they sucked bad last year and until they play a real game nothing has changed until proven otherwise.

This poll just smells like Kraft PR to me.

With all that being said this winter is going to be a blast with these teams to see what direction they are going in. It feels like a new era is upon us.

The survey is at least on paper fully independent. I would agree though that the timing favors the Pats. The full results are here:

Who is up and who is down in the 2021 Channel Media & Market Research New England Sports Survey? - 98.5 The Sports Hub - Boston's Home For Sports

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad