POSITION D
SHOOTS L
HEIGHT 183 cm / 6'0" WEIGHT 86 kg / 190 lbs

o67_2_noel_hoefenmayer_ep.jpg

Ranked #143 by Hockeyprospect.com
Ranked #81 by ISS Hockey
Ranked #71 by Future Considerations
Ranked #93 by McKeen's Hockey
Ranked #75 by NHL Central Scouting (NA Skaters)

Defensively, he is constantly surveying the ice to step up in the play and break up passes. Can get a little scrambled, position wise, in his own zone but his gap control is already well ahead of most of his top peers, and he manages to quickly make plays on puck carriers to disrupt the rush. He sees the ice well, plays a smart positional game and reads the developing play well getting himself into position to jump lanes and intercept passes and transition quickly or break up plays in his defensive zone.

He has a lot of potential as a puck rusher, showcasing great skill cutting through the neutral zone. He's aggressive in jumping into the rush as the 3rd or 4th man in and has great scoring instincts for a defender. When coupled with an excellent point shot, it gives Hoefenmayer good offensive potential for the next level. Defensively, he has good positioning and smarts, but I do wish that he was more aggressive in attacking the corners and defending the front of his net, especially given his average size. This is particularly interesting because Hoefenmayer was actually touted as a very physical, hard nosed defender at the midget level, but that hasn't translated to the OHL level yet. Could be a confidence/strength thing. I think the other issue is that I see Hoefenmayer as only an average skater.

Scouts often point to Hoefenmayer�s skating as his biggest weakness � an interesting critique since the community seems to have reached a consensus on his strength as a puck-carrier.

I�m a draft writer, not a scout, so take this with a grain of salt, but I think I�ve an idea of what they�re striking at here. Hoefenmayer has good straight line speed and an adequate top gear, but he could stand to work on his edges and footwork.

Hoefenmayer does some of his best work in the offensive zone. Most point to Hoefenmayer�s shot as his best attribute in this regard, and while it�s certainly a strength, I�m more impressed by his anticipation. Hoefenmayer creates shooting lanes for himself by finding seams in the opposition�s defence and isn�t shy about exploiting them. He knows when to apply pressure with a timely pinch and when to back off.

https://www.allaboutthejersey.com/2...-draft-prospect-profile-ottawa-67s-defenseman

XX

Waiting for Ishbia
Dec 10, 2002
PHX
jersey site did an incredibly detailed writeup on him as usual if you want to read that and get familiar with him.

lanky

Feeling Spicy
Jun 23, 2007
Winnipeg
We were stacked organizationally with LHD before this pick so we're now overflowing. It's fantastic value. I picked him in round 2 in a mock a while back.

I'm a fan of Chmelevski, who I think would've been worthy of a 2nd rounder but is dropping big time. Anyways Hoefenmayer scored at nearly the same pace as his talented forward team mate.

PhoPhan

Feb 27, 2002
Solid value pick. His skating needs work but the other skills are all there.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad