Prospect Info: #104 Eetu Makiniemi G/Jokerit U20, Finland

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
All very good points.

I don't know though if Maenalanen became a bit of a warning example for Finnish free agents who got more than one offer from NHL but chose Carolina. He did get his QO though, so he would have had a SPC had he took it.

Obviously it would be advisable for Makiniemi to do something to get even one offer from NHL.

i still think about saku and honestly don't think we're done with him. i think there's an open invitation but that invitation likely exists in the form of a two way deal and that isn't something he wants to do at this stage of his career. he signed a 1+1 deal with jokerit and i'm not sure who had the option there but it was taken obviously, but i wonder if his earning power will be as high after this year as it was when he left carolina. it would be an underrated move to get him back in the fold because he's in that joakim nordstrom class where you're just relieved to have a 4th line player that can maximize 8-10 minutes by being high energy for the duration of their shift knowing they'll probably be skipped next time over. just really good minutes every night as long as you don't try to stretch them too thin. i think his aspirations were higher when he decided to come over and that can be difficult to accept that you're talent capped in the bottom six.

Lempo

Recovering Future Considerations Truther
Sponsor
Feb 23, 2014
he signed a 1+1 deal with jokerit and i'm not sure who had the option there but it was taken obviously
Jokerit had the option, and they took it.

I'm under the assumption that the options in contracts with Jokerit and Liiga teams are always team's options. A player with salary X wouldn't take the option if his value has increased beyond X, and the team would be stupid to sign an option which the player would only take if his not worth X. They also have to worry about findind the actual money to pay the players.

Helsinki Hurricanes

Sep 6, 2018
Last two starts, 30 days apart, 24 save shutout and 38 save 4-3 OT win.

Watched today's game. Me and my family were bit skeptical in the beginning as there were couple of quick goals but as more time passed on he started playing really well. In the end really good he from him.

One thing to keep in mind is that Ilves lost Juuso Välimäki who is expected to make into Calgary's team this year + Arttu Ruotsalainen who was liiga's leading scorer (contract with Buffalo if I remember correctly). Losing those key players + Dostal means Ilves is now nowhere near as good as it's previous successes would indicate. So even if stats would suffer, it is understandable.

Mäkiniemi has every possibility to have a breakout year as a Liiga starter. Not sure what the next logical steps would be as goalie development path is so dependent on who else is in the system.

Stubu

Dec 16, 2015
F.
Also only 2 consonants from Chapel Hill, which is even worse than hell itself :sarcasm:
?

Now I feel like a boomer.

(I'm not *that* old. I've seen AC/DC live! They were baffled to be in Helsinki but that's another story.)

If Chapel Hill is what Justin Bieber is to Canada, I wouldn't really mind using all the weapons you've got, even for mutual assured destruction, realizing that's a bad thing to say.

Chrispy

Salakuljettaja's Blues
Feb 25, 2009
Cary, NC
?

Now I feel like a boomer.

(I'm not *that* old. I've seen AC/DC live! They were baffled to be in Helsinki but that's another story.)

If Chapel Hill is what Justin Bieber is to Canada, I wouldn't really mind using all the weapons you've got, even for mutual assured destruction, realizing that's a bad thing to say.

Now now, there’s no need to be THAT insulting.

Please apologize to Justin Bieber.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad