Prospect Info: #104 Eetu Makiniemi G/Jokerit U20, Finland

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
Think I would have preferred Emil Larmi. Doesn't have the size but it payed a lot of games in the liiga with very good stats.

But who knows how anyone will pan out?

Cardiac Jerks

Asinine & immoral
Jan 13, 2006
Long Sault, Ontario
MacDonald's take: "Joni was really high on this guy, and Kron was high on this guy. He's a big goalie. Very athletic and very quick. He challenges the shooter. A player that, as goaltenders go, we had him higher on our list than probably most teams because our people knew him better than most. We're looking forward to getting him into camp and getting a look at him up close."

Reactions: zman77 and DaveG

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
Meanwhile, in Minnesota, Jack LaFontaine is putting together a respectable season with a pretty average team in front of him.

Yes, he's looking much better than he did early in his career. Scouch always says on his YT channel that as far as goalies are concerned, "Goalies are goalies, and if you like 'em, you like 'em."

Mike1167

Jun 25, 2018
Erie, Pennsylvania
I'm guessing @Mike1167 will let us know if something changes there...
Hey, sorry, haven't checked-in in a while. Got alot going on, as most of you do I'm sure, so it's not a good excuse I guess. I like keeping you all updated on my nephew, so here goes:

I got the chance to be with Jacob over the holidays. He's doing well. I voiced my displeasure about the fact that he hasn't been playing. His parents aren't happy about it either. The Canes were going to contact Providence's coach, from what I was told, to ask about the situation with Jacob's lack of playing time. I'm not sure if that materialized or not. I WILL say that Jacob's attitude is still very positive, all things considered.

Thanks, everybody. I'll update you further when I have more information.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
Another start in Liiga today—stopped 30 of 31, then all 3 in the shootout for a 2-1 win. In 5 games in the top league he has 1.44 GAA and .940 sv%.
The stats show 6 games played, but in one game he went in for something like 40 seconds at the end of the game.
:prayinggif

Reactions: Unsustainable

emptyNedder

Not seeking rents
Sponsor
Jan 17, 2018
Think Makiniemi needs to be in Charlotte next season.

He turns 21 in April and has pretty much led the 2nd tier league statistically all season. In his games in the top league he has been even better. The thing is Ilves has Lukas Dostal, an Anaheim prospect, who has been playing all season and is fourth in the league in sv%. With Gibson, Anaheim isn't in a hurry to develop a young goalie. So they probably leave Dostal in Finland. If Makiniemi isn't going to get 30 starts over there, he needs to get a shot here.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->