2019 Stanley Cup Final 1000 Reasons Why the Bruins Will Win the Cup In 2019

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
55. The Hustler

3818a_lg.jpeg

Blood,sweat,teeth; it doesn't matter. Acciari will risk losing it all to win the ultimate prize.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
View attachment 229261 48. BRUINS INSPIRE ARTISTS.

This is my pencil drawing entitled "Big Bad Bruins", inspired by the Boston Bruins fans. Limited Edition Prints are available for purchase here: www.jeremybrescianiart.com/products/big-bad-bruins-limited-edition-print. Get yours today before they're sold out!!
This piece captures the feeling of being a Bruins fan on game day as fans walk toward both the Boston Garden (left) and the TD Garden (right). I merged the two arenas to capture the complete history of the team. Ghosted in the sky above the arenas are seven of the many great players that have captured the hearts of Bruins' fans since their inaugural season in 1924. From left to right: Eddie Shore, Gerry Cheevers, Phil Esposito, Terry O'Reilly, Bobby Orr (scoring & soaring in classic fashion through the middle), Ray Bourque, Cam Neely and Zdeno Chara. Fan jersey numbers pay tribute to these players as well as many more. Don Cherry welcomes fans to Boston Garden on the left while Blades the Bruin welcomes fans to TD Garden on the right. Superfan Sammy Berns is shown walking to the arena in the center carrying a Boston Strong flag.
Limited Edition Prints are available for purchase on my website here: www.jeremybrescianiart.com/products/big-bad-bruins-limited-edition-print. Get yours today before they're sold out!!
Dude I’m buying one on Friday when I get paid so please save me one!

Reactions: HockeyMomx2

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
64. The Logo

You know it when you see it. It’s iconic and fans all over the world know what it stands for. It has meaning for Bruins fans of all ages as an original 6 franchise and represents the history behind the team.

Wave it proud. My flag is out as of today

9735311A-009C-4CF9-B223-63BD0DF0FC55.jpeg

CombatOnContact

Feb 28, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
65. The Fans

Being from Ottawa, there are diehard fans from just about every team. Some especially (I'm sure you know which ones) are insufferable to deal with.

Bruins fans are a special breed. At least the ones I've been lucky enough to meet. Such dedication, such resiliency.

But most of all, I can't really recall any other team having such an amazing presence in other team buildings. Case and point, Game 4 in Carolina. The "Let's go Bruins" chants were sooooo loud it made me proud. So many fans, whether traveling, or living in other cities, I find it pretty remarkable.

GO BRUINS!!

BruinDust

Aug 2, 2005
66. Mike O'Connell

I think he was a terrible GM, but fact remains the No.1 and No.2 centers for this team were drafted under MOC's watch.

And if it weren't for his Thornton trade, we probably don't have Rask or Chara either. Heck we might not even have Marchand (who knows where the Bruins would of drafted had they not traded Thornton that season).

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
67. John Ferguson Jr.

He was the GM of the Leafs when they traded Tuukka straight up for Andrew Raycroft.

He’s been a key member of the front office since joining the team both in Boston and Providence where he is the GM

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
68. Evan Gold.

cut.jpg

Our own @Dom - OHL speaks very highly of this man. To quote: "The B's have an excellent cap guru in Evan Gold. He knows more then you and I combined."

Mark Divver: Meet Evan Gold, keeper of the salary cap for Bruins

The end game for Gold is to help put the Bruins in the best possible position. It’s a challenge that he can’t get enough of.

“I love my job. I love the competition. I didn’t play the game at a very high level, but that doesn’t make me any less competitive,″ he said.

“I love the intellectual challenge in terms of ‘how do you build a championship team?’ and all that goes into that. What is a very simple question has a very complicated answer. The salary cap is certainly a big part of that.″

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
B5CA9A85-E29E-48C5-AF63-AE1851112776.png

69. Todd Angilly
Whooo boy, there are some baaad anthem singers around the league. I blame Whitney Houston - who was amazing at reinterpreting the Star Spangled Banner, but gave less talented crooners the idea that they could do same.

And when Rene retired after last season, it was with increasing dread that I watched the tryouts online last August, until Todd Angilly stepped up.

Y’all know his backstory by now:
“He is a probation officer by day, and during the Bruins and Celtics seasons, he is a bartender at the SportsDeck, located on level 5 of TD Garden. The 43-year-old is trained as an opera singer from his time at the New England Conservatory, and has performed for all five Boston professional sports teams.”

From The Athletic:
Rancourt had his legendary fist pump when he was done singing and you knew how excited he was by how many pumps he gave the fans, but Angilly understandably has his own routine. When he’s done singing, he points to each end of the Garden – one to organist Ron Poster and the other to the bartenders on level 5.

“In my years of singing and performing you always acknowledge your accompanist, especially as a vocalist,” explained Angilly. “Everyone wanted to know if I was going to do the fist pump and I would say, ‘No, I’m not because that was Rene’s thing.’ It’s a respect thing and I don’t want to do it because that was his. So, I’m just trying to give some respect up to Ron and thank him. It’s an honor to work with him.”

proudly we hail you, Todd. For another drink.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Last edited:

BruinsFanSince94

The Perfect Fan ™
Sep 28, 2017
New England
71. Bruins scouts.

These guys are out there grinding away throughout the season trying to find talent for Boston (professional or amateur). There are some hits/misses and a lot of praise/blame gets put on the GM for picks/acquisitions, but lets recognize the hard workers.

SCOUTING STAFF
P.J. AXELSSONAMATEUR SCOUT
ALAIN BISSONNETTEAMATEUR SCOUT
DENNIS BONVIEPROFESSIONAL SCOUT
ADAM CREIGHTONPROFESSIONAL SCOUT
SCOTT FITZGERALDAMATEUR SCOUT
BRETT HARKINSAMATEUR SCOUT
DOUG LEAVERTONAMATEUR SCOUT
MATT LINDBLADPROFESSIONAL SCOUT
DEAN MALKOCAMATEUR SCOUT
MIKE MCGRAWAMATEUR SCOUT
TOM MCVIEPROFESSIONAL SCOUT
VICTOR NYBLADHEUROPEAN AMATEUR SCOUT
ERKKI RAJAMAKIEUROPEAN AMATEUR SCOUT
BLAIR REIDAMATEUR SCOUT
MATT RYANAMATEUR SCOUT
SVENAKE SVENSSONEUROPEAN SCOUT
BOB WETICKAMATEUR SCOUT
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
72. Me

Because every single game the Bruins lost I watched and every game they won these playoffs I didn't watch until after it was over.

Needless to say, the Finals will have some very late nights as I will be watching the PVR after the game has concluded.
We greatly appreciate your sacrifice

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
CF2E3962-1575-4F1B-808D-BD5574C36507.jpeg

73. The Yutes

Charlie McAvoy was born on Dec 21 1997 and is 21 years old.
I know y’all have t-shirts older than that. I know I do.
Look at that baby face.
That makes me soooo happy!

“We’ve done a pretty good job integrating, allowing opportunity, providing opportunity, I should say, for some younger players,” said Sweeney. “Our staff deserves a lot of credit for recognizing and scouting and just working hard. It comes down to the investment at a player level, a coaching level, an organizational level, ownership support. It’s really the whole piece of it.”

Including the Black Aces:
forwards Anton Blidh, Paul Carey, Peter Cehlarik, Trent Frederic, Zach Senyshyn, Jack Studnicka, and Jordan Szwarz; defensemen Jeremy Lauzon, Urho Vaakanainen, and Jakub Zboril; and goaltenders Kyle Keyser and Zane McIntyre. The majority of the players are between ages 20 and 23, with the exception of Carey (30), Szwarz (28), and McIntyre (26).

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->