2019 Stanley Cup Final 1000 Reasons Why the Bruins Will Win the Cup In 2019

Oli the Bruins Cat

Apr 2, 2019
@OliBruins
I like to think my shredding will help in the next round too.

upload_2019-5-18_15-5-54.png

TCB

Dec 15, 2017
North Of The Border
26. Charlie McAvoy

He is the Bruins #1 defenseman and a Norris trophy hangs in his near future. With out his ability to play big minutes and be a one man transition machine, the Bruins wouldn't be the same without him. Charlie excels at both ends of the ice and has the composure and drive like a 15 year vet, who's never won a Cup, all at the tender age of 21.

tumblr_pqsw1u534R1y9tcndo1_500.gif
200w.webp
giphy.gif

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
30. Outside Counsel

One of the resources the Bruins may explore has been through a layoff or two - or nine - ahead of the championship round in recent years. While he does not have a personal relationship with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, Sweeney said the team is likely to reach out to the six-time Super Bowl champion for some advice on how he has handled the two-week period ahead of the title game.
"I have a hell of a lot of respect for the man, that's for sure," said Sweeney, who on Thursday was named one of three finalists for the NHL's General Manager of the Year Award. "I think we're gonna reach out to their group and tap into every different [resource] - we look at everybody's assets in that way and hopefully they'll be able to share some information with us."

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
31. Playing (and thriving) through adversity

To anyone who’s watched the Sharks’ path through the playoffs so far, you might be worried they’ll get break upon break to get to (and win) the Stanley Cup Finals. But look no further than the Bruins current run for evidence that you can indeed overcome tough calls and no-calls. From the half a dozen no-goal calls that have gone against them, via goals scored against with dead pucks or off overturned no-goal calls where there’s really no way to get ”conclusive” evidence to overturn anything, to Kukan elbowing Backes in the face and only getting 2 minutes (just like McAvoy, but without the suspension and outrage) and tying up next game late. Pastrnak of course scored even later to win it. When Hamilton wasn’t suspended for hitting Heinen with his stick to the head area after he scored, this only gave Rask two more games to make every save on Doggie’s shots look routine as ever.

They also went down 2-1 in both of the first two series, losing home advantage. This experience will be useful whether they face the Blues or Sharks. Which leads me to...

Last edited:

Fossy21

Nobel Prize Deke
Mar 14, 2013
32. Winning on the road

The Bruins will have home-ice in the Finals, but that might no be the deciding factor.

When the Bruins went up 2-0 against the Hurricanes, we all were told (and told ourselves) that Carolina had been through this before, and were seemingly unbeatable at home. Less than a week later and the Canes are out of the playoffs, finishing 5-2 at home. The Bruins on the road? 6-2 so far. This has been crucial not only in closing out the Conference Finals, but even more so in the preceding two series.

The Leafs had a chance to go up 3-1 at home in game 4, then to close the series out in game 6. Needless to say, they managed neither. Columbus were in a similar situation in game 4, and were then eliminated in a game 6 shutout for Rask.

In total, the Bruins have a congregate score of 31-20 at home, but an even better 26-14 away from The Garden.

DominicT

Sep 6, 2009
Stratford Ontario
dom.hockey
30. Outside Counsel

One of the resources the Bruins may explore has been through a layoff or two - or nine - ahead of the championship round in recent years. While he does not have a personal relationship with New England Patriots coach Bill Belichick, Sweeney said the team is likely to reach out to the six-time Super Bowl champion for some advice on how he has handled the two-week period ahead of the title game.
"I have a hell of a lot of respect for the man, that's for sure," said Sweeney, who on Thursday was named one of three finalists for the NHL's General Manager of the Year Award. "I think we're gonna reach out to their group and tap into every different [resource] - we look at everybody's assets in that way and hopefully they'll be able to share some information with us."

One of the reasons I wanted the Bruins to hire Rocky Thompson for AHL coaching job. (among many reasons)

He is a master at preparing his teams. Guided his Windsor Spitfires to a Memorial Cup after 44 days off between their OHL season and the Memorial Cup.

Wiggleboom

Feb 6, 2010
Vancouver
36. Connor Clifton

At the start of the year, Clifton was probably considered the #12 defenceman on the Bruins’ depth chart. It is amazing to now see him playing on the bottom pairing, and not just sheltered low minutes the way the 3 other teams the Bruins have played did with their bottom pairing, but playing at a very high level and on the PK when needed. Him and Grzelcyk are playing at the level of most team’s middle pairings. Pretty impressive for a guy that 99% of Bruin fans had never heard of until his first call-up.

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
36. Connor Clifton

At the start of the year, Clifton was probably considered the #12 defenceman on the Bruins’ depth chart. It is amazing to now see him playing on the bottom pairing, and not just sheltered low minutes the way the 3 other teams the Bruins have played did with their bottom pairing, but playing at a very high level and on the PK when needed. Him and Grzelcyk are playing at the level of most team’s middle pairings. Pretty impressive for a guy that 99% of Bruin fans had never heard of until his first call-up.
Cliffy Hockey baby!

USATSI_12694024-1024x612.jpg

Reactions: Maine Fan and BMC

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->