Resident Cookie Monster
Mar 29, 2014
172. Krejci and Bergeron and their matching dogs

CXRaV-nUsAAHzg3.jpg
bruins-pucks-and-pups-2018-calendar-48.jpeg

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
Without a doubt every member of St. Louie wants to win the Cup. Z, Bergy,and Backes will refuse to let B's lose.
Agree

Each team is playing for something and somebody but in the end it comes down to three areas

Mindset
Body
Preparation

Focus, health, knowledge

I’m sure the Blues could be there as well but I expect the Bruins will be

My end result -

Bruins will hoist the Cup & be a transcendent month right up and through Development Camp

My personal preference is game 5

Winning it in 4-7 works

Reactions: Spooner st

aguineapig

HEY GET RHYTHM WHEN YOU GET THE BLUES
C'MON GET RHYTHM WHEN YOU GET THE BLUES
GET A ROCK N ROLL FEELIN' IN YOUR BONES
GET TAPS ON YOUR TOES AND GET GONE

JOHNNY CASH

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: sooshii and BMC

Numbah4

Mar 6, 2008
The number one reason they win

Rested bodies, focused minds, and excellent preparation/game plan
I think we have slot of guys whom will benefit by the rest; Bergeron, Krejci, Pasta, DeBrusk, Accisri, Kuraly and Z come to mind

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Twitter feeds from a deceased person is an other-worldly level of creepy.

Deleted

Nov 11, 2017
176. love of the game

I think this is a large part of why I have fallen in love with hockey. Playing for the love of the game, for representing your team, playing alongside your friends. I grew up watching my native GAA games which at their highest level are still amateur sports, no GAA player in this country gets payed to play. With many other sports you very much get the sense that money is a huge motivation in why players play but hockey somehow seems to have kept its purity. This appeals to me hugely.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
176. Tom vs Time vs Chara vs Clock

We all know what fitness nuts Boston's older athletes are - it's how they stay in the game for the long haul. Just watch this video of one of Chara's workouts:

Bruins captain Zdeno Chara keeps going and going . . .

Clearly whatever plants Zdeno Chara is eating, they're absolutely working, since nobody has any qualms about having a 43 year old captain on the team next year. I'm not afraid that Chara's going to stay too long - I'm more afraid of what will happen when he leaves.

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
177. Coming full circle around the globe

Pastrnak casually mentions that he was at the Prague game in October 2010...in the stands. And how did this year's preseason begin? With another international trip, this time to China.

Of course, that was the opening of the 2010-2011 season, which started with a loss, just like our horrible loss against Washington. And this year, that kid in the stands is actually on the ice!

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
182. Jesus said.

The Bruins were leading Carolina in the Eastern Conference final, 2-0. They were five minutes away from going up three games to zero in Game 3. In that scenario, it was not required for Chris Wagner to dip to one knee and open up his right arm to absorb all of Justin Faulk’s slap shot.

But Wagner is a hockey player. He knows nothing else but to put himself in harm’s way, even if it has likely cost him an appearance in the Stanley Cup final.

“Oh yeah. Yeah,” Wagner said of doing it all over again. “It’s Sunday, so I told my mom I’d drop a Bible quote. Jesus said there’s no greater love than laying down your life for your friend. We’re all friends and we all love each other. So why would I not do that?”
Kuraly’s clear allowed Wagner to cut his shift short. Play could have been halted, however, had Wagner gone down and stayed there. It would have been easy for referees Steve Kozari and Kelly Sutherland to evaluate the severity of Wagner’s injury and blow their whistles.

Wagner never considered it.

“No. No,” Wagner said. “I get up. Yeah. I was taught to get up. So I get up.”

(From The Athletic)

Donnie Shulzhoffer

Rocket Surgery
Sep 9, 2008
Foxboro, MA
182. Jesus said.

The Bruins were leading Carolina in the Eastern Conference final, 2-0. They were five minutes away from going up three games to zero in Game 3. In that scenario, it was not required for Chris Wagner to dip to one knee and open up his right arm to absorb all of Justin Faulk’s slap shot.

But Wagner is a hockey player. He knows nothing else but to put himself in harm’s way, even if it has likely cost him an appearance in the Stanley Cup final.

“Oh yeah. Yeah,” Wagner said of doing it all over again. “It’s Sunday, so I told my mom I’d drop a Bible quote. Jesus said there’s no greater love than laying down your life for your friend. We’re all friends and we all love each other. So why would I not do that?”
Kuraly’s clear allowed Wagner to cut his shift short. Play could have been halted, however, had Wagner gone down and stayed there. It would have been easy for referees Steve Kozari and Kelly Sutherland to evaluate the severity of Wagner’s injury and blow their whistles.

Wagner never considered it.

“No. No,” Wagner said. “I get up. Yeah. I was taught to get up. So I get up.”

(From The Athletic)
Awesome

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
83A27010-3D3E-4A67-B9D1-4595634DF526.jpeg

183. Butch’s Modern Game

Ask Bruce Cassidy a hockey question, and his answer will be thoughtfully detailed and delivered in the most genuine fashion. He’ll even throw a quick one-liner in there just to make it fun.

Always an optimist, the coach of the Boston Bruins is preparing for his first Stanley Cup final. The hockey world has received an up-close-and-personal introduction to Cassidy during the Bruins’ playoff run, and he’s exactly what the NHL needs in today’s game.

Cassidy, 54, is knowledgeable, funny, outgoing, passionate and committed to his craft and he’s one reason the Bruins are on the brink of hoisting the Stanley Cup when they face the St. Louis Blues in the final, beginning Monday at TD Garden.

“He studied the game,” Neely said. “If you’re not studying the game you’re not going to see these little things that coaches do. Butch is always looking at the big picture. He was a student of the game for all those years (after he retired as a player) and looking at where things were going and how they’re getting there and what can he do to improve this team do that.”

Here’s what some stakeholders from around the NHL are saying about the job Cassidy has done in Boston:

Eastern Conference GM
“Cassidy doesn’t get enough credit there. People talk about their top line but I think the key for the team has been how he handles the team. He’s more demanding on guys than people know but really consistent with his communication and defining everyone’s role.”

Western Conference GM
“Bruce has done a real good job. You look at his career, after being a head coach he went back to the American League and kept on coaching. He’s really evolved into today’s type of coach. He’s good on the bench, it looks like he’s good with the guys, just a straight shooter type of guy and a team really responds to that.”

Western Conference assistant GM
“I’ve been so impressed by the coaching job that they do as a staff. It’s incredible. I have a lot of respect for Butch, because I like people that get fired and claw their f***ing way back into it. He’s figured it out and he handles players differently. He’s a survivor. He’s a remarkable individual that crawled his way back into the game. They have a remarkable coaching staff and they’re solid all the way around.”

Another Metropolitan Division coach
“The best in the NHL. When Chara and Bergeron went down and they stayed the course, that was it for me. Plus, they work like dogs, which also goes with drafting and free-agent signings. Their bottom six work as hard as any, which is the identity of the organization.”

Former NHL coach
“I was skeptical when they let Claude go, but Bruce has re-energized the organization. Quite frankly, he brought their style of play into the modern game. They play with speed and they’re on the attack all the time; with and without the puck. They transition quickly with speed and numbers and they make plays. He’s encouraged that and it’s very evident with the way they pass and move the puck. They press hard in all areas. Claude obviously had great success in Boston, but the change to Bruce has allowed the team to move to a modern style of play. It’s very evident.”

From The Athletic
He’s brought their style into the modern game: NHL sounds off on what’s made Bruce Cassidy successful

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad