Post-Game Talk: 10 Straight Wins For Campbell | Leafs 3 Canadiens 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Popeye7735

Jan 4, 2018
Congrats to Campbell for setting the franchise record. He absoluely deserves it.
Is he a spokes-person for Campbell Soup yet?
In addition to our usual stars like Mathews, Marner and Hyman, I thought Simmonds also played well, arguably his best game this season.
Did I miss Willy? ..... um .... a little bit. But Miky seemed to fill in OK and Galy appeared to have played a notch up in Willy's absence. Though that line didn't score, its presence was felt.
When Willy returns, maybe we should try him on the 3rd line to see if he could make it more effective?

Last edited:
Reactions: Lauro and The Cobra

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
Like that we won, like how we played, but hate that we played. Did we learn nothing from Vancouver? Willie was in close contact with a COVID positive case, and he practiced with the team this morning. If he gave it to any teammates this morning (or earlier), this game may just have been a major spreading event.

Just be cautious and reschedule the game. Hopefully nobody gets COVID, but the league took a big risk here, if a few days from now the Leafs are riddled with COVID we’re all going to be cursing this game.

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Campbell with the win! 10-0-0! Breaks the franchise record and ties the NHL record! What a find he was.

Brodie with his 1st goal as a Leaf too! Always nice to see.

1st line was all amazing. 2nd line was all amazing. Thought Simmonds had a lot of jump. Good win all around.

I friggin' love this guy.

No goalie in Leaf's history has this mans attitude! He is a beauty! <3!

Leaf4Life79

Jun 30, 2018
St. Thomas, ON
Like that we won, like how we played, but hate that we played. Did we learn nothing from Vancouver? Willie was in close contact with a COVID positive case, and he practiced with the team this morning. If he gave it to any teammates this morning (or earlier), this game may just have been a major spreading event.

Just be cautious and reschedule the game. Hopefully nobody gets COVID, but the league took a big risk here, if a few days from now the Leafs are riddled with COVID we’re all going to be cursing this game.

If you actually paid attention and read the latest on Willy, the only reason the team played tonight because IF he got it, he WASN'T YET! contagious to transfer it... guess I am just more a nerd of my team then you are, no offense lol.

Reactions: cipher

ponder

Jul 11, 2007
Vancouver
If you actually paid attention and read the latest on Willy, the only reason the team played tonight because IF he got it, he WASN'T YET! contagious to transfer it... guess I am just more a nerd of my team then you are, no offense lol.
I read that, but it’s based on averages. On average, people becomes symptomatic 5-6 days after exposure, and are contagious for ~2-3 days before becoming symptomatic. However, that’s just averages, the incubation period is 1-14 days. If you’re a 1-day-to-symptomatic case, you’re contagious within hours of initial exposure.

All they can really say is, if Willie got COVID, he probably wasn’t contagious yet this morning ... but he very well could have been. They’re crossing their fingers and gambling.

Gabriel426

Jun 30, 2015
What a game tonight. Campbell was amazing in the 2nd period. Like I mentioned in the last game thread, he always give a chance for the team to win.
Gally was flying out there, I think he is getting more confidence playing with JT and others.
Simmonds was smashing.
What’s more can I say about TJ that have not been said already.

Atomos2

Jun 28, 2012
Toronto, Ontario
Lol Hab fans tonight

E08kqB.gif

Le Cobra

Rent A Goalie
Nov 11, 2015
Toronto The Good
That Hyman goal and the rush leading up to it was something out of the movies. This Leaf team looks dangerous. Thankful to be able to say we were on the good end of the hot goalie factoring in.

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
Just got back from the gym and I am finally watching the game (PVR) so far Simmonds seems to be moving well again, and am I the only one who thinks Edmundson is crosschecking Matthews a lot?

Happy that Soup got the record. Such a class guy!

Knies iT

Mar 6, 2015
In prior years even though the Leafs teams were competitive playoff clubs, the group culture seemed off. Speculating obviously, but from what i've heard/seen on the outside looking in it seemed like there were disjointed cliques on the team and polarizing/controversial personalities (Kapanen, Barrie, etc.).

This group seems incredibly close. Make no mistake the veteran adds have taken over the room. Perennial cup contenders like Boston have this family-like cohesiveness and its a huge reason why they go to war for each other. The bubble environment might be a huge reason for that change.

Have to admit I was not fond of the Galchenyuk deal at all. Always been higher on Korshkov than most and still believe he has mainstay bottom 6 NHL potential, but Gally has looked like a completely different player than in MIN/OTT/etc. where he looked waiver fodder. He's made fundamental skating changes in a short period of time and looks like he's fighting for his career on a nightly basis. Huge add to the 2nd line and unreal playoff depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad