#10 pick heading East?

Status
Not open for further replies.

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Rumors from Minneapolis are that GM Greg Dockus has, once again, traded his first round pick. 2 years ago, he dealt the 4th pick to Buffalo (Ended up being Rick Nash) to Buffalo for Marco Sturm, Greg DeVries and a pick that ended up being Jakub Klepis.

"I have no comment on the story," said Dockus, pausing before saying, "the last time we dealt our first rounder, both teams won the deal. Nash will be a great player for years, but Sturm and DeVries are very good players and we expect Jakub to be on our team in 2 years and be a top 6 guy. Win-win deal there, so, IF we traded that pick, I would expect another win-win."

spintheblackcircle

incoming!!!
Mar 1, 2002
Minnesota GM has decided once again to trade with Buffalo. In exchange for the #10 pick in the upcoming draft and a 3rd rounder, the Wild received Roman Hamrlik a 4th round pick from the Sabres.

"We are thrilled to pick up Roman," said GM Greg Dockus. "Our PP will look quite good next year with Nagy, St Louis, Ribeiro, Hamrlik and Hedican. We were 4th in league last year, and next year, I can see up being #1. Our fowards will really show improvement with a #1 PP guy out there."

"Other than Barker, we didn't really like any of the d-man at #10. And that is what we had to have, a defenseman. Instead of taking a chance, we got a sure thing. We are very excited."

Dockus should have a busy off season. They still need 2 forwards and a defenseman to fill out their roster.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad