GDT: #10 | Penguins @ Rangers | 02/01 | 7:00 ET

Status
Not open for further replies.

CrosbyMalkin

Aug 7, 2005
So basically getting rid of him is actually helping them and only has 1 assist.
15 goals and 53 points last year and was a plus 12. So I think they will miss that production. Again it is always funny when people judge a person's playing ability after so few games. Judge his character all you want but he is definitely going to be missed production wise.

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
The Z man Weber pairing better not see more than 8 minutes...

Bingo71

Apr 3, 2018
Corry, PA
Time for the offense to step up (looking at you Sid and Geno) and help this terrible D and goaltending situation.

Tom Hanks

Spelling mistakes brought to you by my iPhone.
Nov 10, 2017
The Z man Weber pairing better not see more than 8 minutes...

Weber will be ok with a better partner but Church doesn’t seem NHL calibre. It’s all we have though pretty much :laugh:

Reactions: Andy99

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
One analytical guy does “game scores” and POJ is #1 on the team in averages (also his last game was the best by a Pen all season)

Exciting. I like that his attributes aren’t likely to regress. He’ll have ups and downs for sure but he looks legit

This is basically how POJ plays, so I’m not worried about him suddenly starting to blow.

He’s playing exactly how I expected him to, save the barrage of points lately.

I expected him to play at a 20-25 point pace, which I’m pretty sure will be the type of ‘regression’ we will see.

Reactions: Tom Hanks

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is basically how POJ plays, so I’m not worried about him suddenly starting to blow.

He’s playing exactly how I expected him to, save the barrage of points lately.

I expected him to play at a 20-25 point pace, which I’m pretty sure will be the type of ‘regression’ we will see.

POJ strikes me as the type of player that is "offensive" in that he is always making the smart, quick little plays to push the puck up the ice and attack. Not so much "offensive" in that he is flashy or has some Hammer-of-the-Gods slapper or something. Although I will say his passing ability seems intriguing and his shot sure ain't terrible. Maybe not like elite vision or anything where he is gonna be threading the needle all the time but more like makes super fast assessment up ice and sends it quickly and accurately to the RIGHT guy. Very smart savvy player, in other words. He and Marino (back in his correct position) as a pairing are the only reason I'll be watching this game.

Will Hunting

Immortal Adams
Dec 14, 2011
European Union
POJ-Marino is our future. Potential future top pairing. This pair and Dumo-Letang could be a dynamite top4. Lots of options and depth for the 3rd pair, starting with solid Petts and then Ceci, Matheson, Ruh, Riikkola is excellent depth. Even 3-4 injuries are OK for this defense, problem is that there are about 6 injuries now which is too much for every team.

Tacitus Kilgore

May 26, 2010
Potomac, MD
Pretty stoked to see that Marino - Joseph pairing together.

Hopefully they play well together and can become this teams new top pair, as Letang and Dumo have been struggling.

Looking at that bottom pair, I expect the new top pair to have to eat huge minutes.

Letang - Dumo would make for a pretty good second pair. With minutes limited to no more than 20 per night that is

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
POJ strikes me as the type of player that is "offensive" in that he is always making the smart, quick little plays to push the puck up the ice and attack. Not so much "offensive" in that he is flashy or has some Hammer-of-the-Gods slapper or something. Although I will say his passing ability seems intriguing and his shot sure ain't terrible. Maybe not like elite vision or anything where he is gonna be threading the needle all the time but more like makes super fast assessment up ice and sends it quickly and accurately to the RIGHT guy. Very smart savvy player, in other words. He and Marino (back in his correct position) as a pairing are the only reason I'll be watching this game.

This is why I took issues with the Dumo comparisons.

I kept trying to explain he’s a different kind of player than Dumo.

He isn’t an offensive dynamo that will make end to end rushes. but he has really good vision and can make the kind of plays with the puck Dumo can’t.

I also never got the idea people were touting that POJ is weak and not physical. I assume because he’s skinny and they never watched him, that they made those assumptions.

He isn’t a Gumby type like Petts than can be pushed around.

He has skinny man freak strength and has never been afraid to play the body, nor does he get knocked around and bullied.

This is why I felt strongly people would like POJ and kept insisting he isn’t a Dumo clone... that was an annoying and lazy comparison I disliked.

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
This is why I took issues with the Dumo comparisons.

I kept trying to explain he’s a different kind of player than Dumo.

He isn’t an offensive dynamo that will make end to end rushes. but he has really good vision and can make the kind of plays with the puck Dumo can’t.

I also never got the idea people were touting that POJ is weak and not physical. I assume because he’s skinny they made those assumptions, but he seems to have freak skinny man strength and has never been afraid to play the body, nor does he get knocked around and bullied.

This is why I felt strongly people would like POJ and kept insisting he isn’t a Dumo clone... that was a lazy comparison.

I think he will steadily bulk up. He has a bit of that "Malkin-body" in that he is strong and lean but has a tougher time putting on useful bulk. I want to say he had some health issues last season too so that probably didn't help. Ideally he would fill out a little more but I doubt his frame will be an issue. Like you said he's much stronger than he looks and plays like it and that's the important thing.

Mr Jiggyfly

Jan 29, 2004
I think he will steadily bulk up. He has a bit of that "Malkin-body" in that he is strong and lean but has a tougher time putting on useful bulk. I want to say he had some health issues last season too so that probably didn't help. Ideally he would fill out a little more but I doubt his frame will be an issue. Like you said he's much stronger than he looks and plays like it and that's the important thing.

I doubt he bulks up much more, but anything is possible.

It’s not a concern though like I said. He’s built exactly like my one buddy who was almost the same height and weight and he was a freakishly strong guy.

He literally picked me up one time and threw me when we were joking around, and I was like 215 lbs of solid muscle then.

I knew he was strong as hell, but I was still in shock as I flew through the air.

Skinny guy freak strength - it’s a legit real thing.

Reactions: BlindWillyMcHurt

BlindWillyMcHurt

ti kallisti
May 31, 2004
I doubt he bulks up much more, but anything is possible.

It’s not a concern though like I said. He’s built exactly like my one buddy who was almost the same height and weight and he was a freakishly strong guy.

He literally picked me up one time and threw me when we were joking around, and I was like 215 lbs of solid muscle then.

I knew he was strong as hell, but I was still in shock as I flew through the air.

Skinny guy freak strength - it’s a legit real thing.

The most fearsome fighter I knew growing up was like 4 inches shorter than me and skinny as a rail.

Reactions: Mr Jiggyfly

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
That defense is horrific lol. POJ and Marino better absolutely carry us and play 25-30 minutes tonight or it's gonna be ugly.

Reactions: Andy99

DesertedPenguin

Mar 11, 2007
I'm not sure if the taxi squad travels or not. If not, then the Penguins literally don't have another option. They only have Will Reilly on the taxi squad, and there's no way he was getting to NYC given the weather yesterday and today.

End of Line

Mar 20, 2009
F41F8D3E-A4E0-4DC3-8FF1-D499E6339054.jpeg

At least they’ll look different tonight in more ways than one :laugh:

Reactions: Giskard
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->