NHL UPDATE: 20% of the season done, the Atlantic Division might be stronger than we thought

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-21_3-51-7.png

So far 2 teams that we thought would fail badly have not in Ottawa and Poutineville.

Gut feeling is that Poutineville unloading Max67 has helped them. No reason to panic but only getting 2 points in Western Canada is a warning sign and Ottawa is next.

Last edited:

Fopppa

Jan 3, 2009
Its early yet but division games look to be very important. Feels like we need a good outing against OTT to get back on track.

While the Habs and Ottawa have been better than expected, BUF and FLA look worse than most thought so there’s that. But again, early days.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Its early yet but division games look to be very important. Feels like we need a good outing against OTT to get back on track.

While the Habs and Ottawa have been better than expected, BUF and FLA look worse than most thought so there’s that. But again, early days.

Buffalo is pure .500 after 8 - 2-2 at both home and road. Florida has faltered out of the gate and Luongo getting injured hurts them.

Going to be curious who Bruce starts in goal in Ottawa.

Krupp

Apr 6, 2012
If the can't always win the games that are winnable, then a point has to do, each time.

Unrealistic, obviously, but in this speedier league, it seems like overtime is more of a reality for all teams these days.

Reactions: Saxon Eric

DKH

The Bergeron of HF
Feb 27, 2002
November 5, 2018 is the day it all starts coming together and the Bruins are one of handful of teams the rest of way.

NOVEMBER 5.... they turn it up 2 notches

Reactions: Saxon Eric

JRull86

Jan 28, 2009
South Shore
I get the Luongo injury is different, but hasn't FLA pulled this act pretty much every year recently? Start horribly then play lights out for 3 months to end the year.

Too much talent for them to stay where they are.

RustyBruins72

Jul 29, 2005
I still just can't see Toronto being as good as the Canadian Media thinks. I don't think their bottom 6 is good and their 4-7 D are very weak.

But.

What do I know, I am not an NHL anything.

:)

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
I still just can't see Toronto being as good as the Canadian Media thinks. I don't think their bottom 6 is good and their 4-7 D are very weak.

But.

What do I know, I am not an NHL anything.

:)

Toronto added more offense, which wasn’t at all an issue last year.

Their defense and goaltending is still bad. Those were the problems that actually NEEDED to be addressed.

Getting Tavares creates hype, but for the life of me, I cannot figure out why that move somehow erases the two other major aspects of the game. I honestly think the Maple Leafs are sold as high as they are from the media for purely financial purposes. There is no way that former players/other hockey experts don’t see the obvious.

Reactions: RustyBruins72

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
As of today:

63-37-88: 44 points

EVERYONE ELSE ON THE TEAM: 38 points

Some people think that's great.

I find it terrifying.
As of today:

I find it terrifying.

I think that people think line 1 being insanely good produces excitement.

I don’t know a single person who is okay with the huge disparity between the production levels of that line and the other three.

People being excited about line 1 doesn’t mean that those same people are also excited about lines 2 through 4 producing little to nothing.

But that is an interesting way to once again promote yourself as the voice of reason.

Reactions: Rubber Biscuit

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
I'll make more solid decisions on this while dozing off from the Thanksgiving turkey.

Even then It probably won't end up that way in April.

Tmac37

Apr 1, 2018
Formerly Tmac21
As long as we can keep chugging along and getting points in the early days we are good. This roster should look different come March.

NDiesel

Mar 22, 2008
NWO
As of today:

I find it terrifying.
I love that line, but no doubt the rest of the team needs to find some scoring if the B's plan on going far.

As for the standings I suspect Ottawa doesn't sustain this, Florida still ends up wildcard over Montreal IMO

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
20% in the books and it’s looking like we’re in for a war, folks.

Strap yourselves in.

I have a feeling that this fan base will live and die on every game. The highs will be high and the lows will be low. Just look at the last few nights.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->