GDT: #10 | New York Islanders @ Pittsburgh Penguins | Oct 30th | 7:00PM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
KQfjf6a.gif

The good thing about the Isles is that Sid really gets his juices flowing against them, I don't think he's burned any team more than the Fishsticks.

Empoleon8771

Aug 25, 2015
Redmond, WA

Apparently Johnson is stepping onto the top PP unit with Letang out, that's interesting because Johnson doing well there may push you to move Schultz. I'd like to add another right handed defenseman though, but you could move both Schultz and Maatta and look to bring in a right handed defenseman.

Reactions: KIRK and BHD

Andy99

Jun 26, 2017
I can see the boys coming out flat tonight...it’s really hard to get excited about the Isles....and they’re actually playing defense these days, even worse...

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
No Letang + Schultz and force the leftys up the left side and cut off the rink on the other side. Could be a lot of trouble for the Pens tonight.

Reactions: Andy99

Honour Over Glory

Fire Sully
Jan 30, 2012
Didn´t Riikola took Tanger´s place on PP1 in the last few practices?
I can see why, sort of.

Johnson does have a solid point shot, Riikola has a slower wind up, but I like having that playmaker on the point which just makes it tougher to guard him when you know he will slip past you and feed the open man. JJ getting that shot over Riikola, odd, but I suspect Riikola will get that shot too tonight.

Dipsy Doodle

Rent A Barn
May 28, 2006
Who really cares at this point? We're winning games without Sprong contributing as much as a lot of us would like. This is about team success, not Sprong's success. Aside from like 4 shifts in the third of last game, Sprong still looks basically clueless on what to do or where to be in the offensive zone which is a real head-scratcher for someone who is supposedly so well renowned for his offensive prowess. He needs to give Sully no choice but to start him in the top 6, not get one primary assist to Geno when Geno did 70% of the work.

I'm more than fine with Simon with Sid right now and Sprong on L4. Simon suits that role better and Sprong probably suits Brass better...which is where he'd slot in (for Grant) if Sully kept everyone else in their present roles. Rust-Brassard-Sprong could be a great line.

None of your criticisms of Sprong hold up though. Despite horrid deployment (minutes and zone), he produced well and was making good offensive plays like his pass to Simon the other game. Trying to characterize his assist on Geno's goal as 70% Geno just completely ignores what it takes to make a pass like that.

Clare2904

LEGEND!
Oct 22, 2016
Montreal
They need to make that city skyline and Stronger Than Hate into car stickers/t-shirts etc to help raise funds. I'd buy one.

ColePens

RIP Fugu Buffaloed & parabola
Mar 27, 2008
Pittsburgh
They need to make that city skyline and Stronger Than Hate into car stickers/t-shirts etc to help raise funds. I'd buy one.

I actually think they are. I know Shop412 and Steel City are doing special stuff, too. Steel City has the broken heart shirt that goes on sale tomorrow.

I'll provide some links tomorrow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad