10 games left - 3 home and 7 away

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Obviously, the primary objective is to secure home ice in Round 1 but also to fine-tune things before the real season begins on April 9/10. Cassidy is hinting Pasta will be back later this week and it will take a few games for him to be fully ready.

The game a week from now in Tampa will be one to watch. I think both teams will use that game to send a message for the playoffs, the game in Boston on April 6th I suspect will be Syracuse vs Providence.

upload_2019-3-18_3-6-54.png

Toronto's last 10 is more evenly split - 4 home/ 6 away but I can't see them picking up 4 points over the Bruins.

upload_2019-3-18_3-35-17.png

I fully expect the real season begins on April 11th at the Garden against Toronto.

Last edited:

BAD BOY

Mar 24, 2018
Peabody, Mass
Looking at the rest of the schedule I think Toronto has it a little more tough. The last game against Tampa won’t mean anything for either team because Tampa will have the President’s trophy and will rest players. Although the bruins last two road games COL/MINN are big because Both teams are fighting for their playoff lives. Let’s try for a 3-1 trip for a starting point and go from there.

Seidenbergy

Nov 2, 2012
Obviously, the primary objective is to secure home ice in Round 1 but also to fine-tune things before the real season begins on April 9/10. Cassidy is hinting Pasta will be back later this week and it will take a few games for him to be fully ready.

The game a week from now in Tampa will be one to watch. I think both teams will use that game to send a message for the playoffs, the game in Boston on April 6th I suspect will be Syracuse vs Providence.

View attachment 201307

They didn't change the time of the March 30th game vs Florida, did they? I have it as a 1:00 game. Only jumped out at me because it'll be the annual game I take my son to for his birthday.

alg363636

Boo
Apr 25, 2014
Washington, DC
A lot of road games but generally not against very good teams. The only good teams we play are TB (although like Fenway said I doubt they will ice the starters for the last game), NYI and CBJ.

We should be NYI as we are usually good against them but the Rangers own us so we might lose there.

I really want home ice. We are phenomenal at home and pretty meh on the road. I have no interest in starting on the road. Fortunately Toronto is a hot mess right now so let's hope that continues.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
Man, I love the confidence Fenway.

But I'm still concerned :laugh:

I think all the pressure's on Toronto. They've given up a ton of goals lately and got smoked by the worst team in the league when they needed to win. And if Philly hadn't coughed up that 5-1 lead they'd be 6 back right now. All the B's need to do is keep up playing solid like they did against Columbus and they'll be ok

Reactions: bruins19 and JCRO

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
The rumour was Babcock wanted a 50/50 split the rest of the way but after sparks comments last game he might be in the dog house. Safe to say at least 3.

I`m not sure Babcock knows what to do, his D is a disaster and has been since he`s gotten there masked by some great goaltending from Andersson, his forwards have little interest in helping the D and Sparks opens his pie hole after getting shelled, not a good vibe heading down the stretch

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
The rumour was Babcock wanted a 50/50 split the rest of the way but after sparks comments last game he might be in the dog house. Safe to say at least 3.

What did Sparks say? Whatever it was, I'm sure it didn't go over too well :laugh:

Sevren

Nov 10, 2009
Montreal
What did Sparks say? Whatever it was, I'm sure it didn't go over too well :laugh:
He just said that the rest of the team needs to play with more emotions and that injuries (Gardiner?) are not an excuse. He's not wrong, it's just that the way he said it made it sound like Andersen and himself are blameless and that the rest of the team needs to step up. Probably not what the coach wants to hear.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
He just said that the rest of the team needs to play with more emotions and that injuries (Gardiner?) are not an excuse. He's not wrong, it's just that the way he said it made it sound like Andersen and himself are blameless and that the rest of the team needs to step up. Probably not what the coach wants to hear.

Ah OK thanks!

PB37

Mr Selke
Oct 1, 2002
Maine
Maybe it's just me being paranoid, but unless the 2nd seed overall is on the line, i would sit Pasta for that last Tampa game. I can just see some douche like Paquette slashing Pasta's hands in an attempt to take him out.

Paddington

Mar 8, 2011
Toronto
I`m not sure Babcock knows what to do, his D is a disaster and has been since he`s gotten there masked by some great goaltending from Andersson, his forwards have little interest in helping the D and Sparks opens his pie hole after getting shelled, not a good vibe heading down the stretch

I agree that Babs is at a loss right now. I believe that's partly why he has tossed out some comments in recent weeks that sound like jabs at the GM. Their biggest holes weren't addressed at the deadline and Babcock has pretty much said they can't be successful without proper depth, particularly on D. I can't argue with him but it almost sounds like he's in self-preservation mode....even though I highly doubt he gets canned if they lose.

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
I agree that Babs is at a loss right now. I believe that's partly why he has tossed out some comments in recent weeks that sound like jabs at the GM. Their biggest holes weren't addressed at the deadline and Babcock has pretty much said they can't be successful without proper depth, particularly on D. I can't argue with him but it almost sounds like he's in self-preservation mode....even though I highly doubt he gets canned if they lose.

while I won`t argue that their biggest need on D wasn`t filled with the acquisition of Muzzin, I still see a team who, under Babcock, from day 1, has done little in the way of improving in it`s own zone, whether that`s all on the D-men themselves or the forwards who seem no more interested in playing some D now as they did a few years ago.

That is one helluva team in TO offensively, Babcock has done zilch to improve their play in their own zone since he got there. I`d be willing to slap down 20$ and say I`d put my money on Claude Julien being able to fix what ails them defensively better than Babcock

Said it before, say it again, IMO, he`s (Babcock) one of the most over rated coaches out there

Reactions: Strafer

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
I fully expect the real season begins on April 10th at the Garden against Toronto.

I think MUSE has something to say about that...

Don't they typically start the post-season on Weds/Thurs, not Tue/Weds? Tuesday seems like it's cutting it a little too close, especially since when they made the schedule, Sunday was probably the designated "overflow" day.

If so, that means the Bruins are almost sure to start on Thursday the 11th if we have home ice, with Friday being an outside possibility. The only arena obstacles for the first round are 4/10 at the Garden and 4/12, 4/22 in Toronto. It means the Bruins/Leafs series could easily just checkerboard the calendar from 4/11-4/23 no matter which team has home ice, and it would give a nice HNIC game on the first Saturday.

Of course, they need to find the other pairings, since the schedule gods usually seem to aim for a max of 2 EC games and 2 WC games each night.

Definitely agree that the next Tampa game is a statement game, and the last game of the regular season will feature some prominent Bruins giving away their jerseys while wearing dress suits - as healthy scratches.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->