10 games in; where are we

Sep 20, 2013
In The Crease
Up and down, with more down then up. The rookies will make rookie mistakes, the new guys will take a bit to fit in, Spezza will have a long a leash hoping he'll bounce back, but he probably won't, and everyone is learning a new system, so they will sometimes be caught thinking instead of doing and screw up the play. At 10 games, I'd say 3-5-2.

By Christmas it will all be figured out and starting to run smoothly, and then it'll be an exciting race to the end of the season making up lost ground for a wildcard spot. That wildcard spot will be the only one available for the Central because the top of the Pacific will be a little stronger than predicted. Also, they will be competing with either Nashville, Winnipeg or St. Louis for the fourth spot since one of those teams will get hit hard by injuries and fall out of the top three where everyone expected they'd be.

hairylikebear

///////////////
Apr 30, 2009
Houston
Thu, Oct 4 Arizona W
Sat, Oct 6 Winnipeg L
Tue, Oct 9 Toronto L
Sat, Oct 13 Anaheim W
Mon, Oct 15 at Ottawa W
Tue, Oct 16 at New Jersey L
Fri, Oct 19 Minnesota W
Tue, Oct 23 Los Angeles L
Thu, Oct 25 Anaheim L
Sun, Oct 28 at Detroit L

Probably two of those Ls are in OT but it's hard to predict which ones. 4-4-2 is my guess. The team will start slow because of the rookie coach but should eventually find their game and make the playoffs.

Smelling Salt

Busey is life
Mar 8, 2006
Winnipeg
Thu, Oct 4 Arizona W
Sat, Oct 6 Winnipeg L
Tue, Oct 9 Toronto L
Sat, Oct 13 Anaheim W
Mon, Oct 15 at Ottawa W
Tue, Oct 16 at New Jersey L
Fri, Oct 19 Minnesota W
Tue, Oct 23 Los Angeles L
Thu, Oct 25 Anaheim L
Sun, Oct 28 at Detroit L

Probably two of those Ls are in OT but it's hard to predict which ones. 4-4-2 is my guess. The team will start slow because of the rookie coach but should eventually find their game and make the playoffs.

Playing the Jets is brutal enough - playing them the second game of the season with a new coach and a PK that is (in the preseason at least) questionable is a recipe for disaster. Also, if the Stars lose to the Sens there will definitely be some early season doom and gloom lol.

LT

Global Moderator
Jul 23, 2010
Thu, Oct 4 Arizona - W
Sat, Oct 6 Winnipeg - OTL
Tue, Oct 9 Toronto - W
Sat, Oct 13 Anaheim - SOW
Mon, Oct 15 at Ottawa - W
Tue, Oct 16 at New Jersey - W
Fri, Oct 19 Minnesota - L
Tue, Oct 23 Los Angeles - W
Thu, Oct 25 Anaheim - L
Sun, Oct 28 at Detroit - W

7-2-1

Clearly I'm more optimistic than most. I think the team comes out flying and catches a lot of opponents off-guard. Early goals and then enough pressure up front to prevent the other team from ever really getting back in it.

A quarter of the way through teams start to figure out the system and can beat it more regularly, but I trust Monty to adjust.

I guess we'll see a month from now.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
I think we give up 8 goals to Toronto and 6 to Winnipeg and lose both games by a massive margin.

7-2-1

Or

4-4-2

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->