GDT: #10: FLYERS at Bruins, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Serious question: What's the list of realistic potential replacements look like at this point?

The obvious names are Gordon, Knoblauch, Keefe, Lappy, Sutter, Bylsma, Todd Nelson, Vigneault, Kirk Muller, Tippett?

Going back to college isn't a move I think he can make and if he was going to hire a CHL coach, you would imagine it would just be Knoblauch instead. I think Hextall would rather chew glass than hire Adam Oates.
Any veteran coach and I'd take vigneailt. Canucks and rangers we're awesome and young players thrived but here is slow so I doubt his fast aggressive hockey would work but trades are happening first so who knows.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014
Hextall should be fired before the trades can go through.

This is just you being incredibly spiteful. I guess you're beginning to realize your flawless coach isn't so flawless after all?

Either you want change, or you just want a new face to sail into the iceberg.

If you really want change, you want to break up the aging core that has shown in the playoffs last year and this season that it can't get the job done.

Hextalls sees this, he was hoping to get to the next generation without having to ditch fan favorites, but at some point you have to bite the bullet.
This team needs to get faster and tougher, and that's only going to happen through trading your best players for players who are better fits with the team you want to build.
Simply throwing in a bunch of prospects who aren't NHL ready for Lehtera and Weise guarantees we miss the playoffs - so if that's the case, why are we holding on to aging veterans and watching their value decline?

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC

If you really want change, you want to break up the aging core that has shown in the playoffs last year and this season that it can't get the job done.

Hextalls sees this, he was hoping to get to the next generation without having to ditch fan favorites, but at some point you have to bite the bullet.
This team needs to get faster and tougher, and that's only going to happen through trading your best players for players who are better fits with the team you want to build.
Simply throwing in a bunch of prospects who aren't NHL ready for Lehtera and Weise guarantees we miss the playoffs - so if that's the case, why are we holding on to aging veterans and watching their value decline?
perfect post again. Keep up the good work LOl.

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
Imagine how much better our lives would be now if Hexy had called North Dakota and said ...

M0rFfmA.gif

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
I think they lay a complete egg Thursday and we lose by 4 goals at least.

Take the money line and the puck line, bet heavy guys, it will be easiest money you have ever made.
I love that big jets team win or lose. Thats supposed to be here and the team is f***in ruined with slow,soft shit. We gotta get back be the hardest working team that is big,fast,skilled and two way strong. Changes are coming soon but lets hope its the right ones.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train

Using this awful logic, Richards and Carter, or Briere/Gagne/Timonen should've been traded as Stevens was fired. It makes zero sense.

The coach is the biggest universal problem right now. You fire him, then you wait and see how the rest shakes out.

hatcher

Sep 30, 2007
Kelowna BC
Using this awful logic, Richards and Carter, or Briere/Gagne/Timonen should've been traded as Stevens was fired. It makes zero sense.

The coach is the biggest universal problem right now. You fire him, then you wait and see how the rest shakes out.
All 5 of those players are way better then what we have now. They just needed a boost. This group is so f***ed you cant even pblame a coach yet and thats why hexy said hes looking around. More solid two way players.

Reactions: ChicksDigTheTrap

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA

Why in the hell would Hextall get a re-do after admitting his previous plan failed these past five years anyway?

Whatever STH that are holding on at this point would assuredly back out.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
Serious question: What's the list of realistic potential replacements look like at this point?

The obvious names are Gordon, Knoblauch, Keefe, Lappy, Sutter, Bylsma, Todd Nelson, Vigneault, Kirk Muller, Tippett, Oates?

Going back to college isn't a move I think he can make and if he was going to hire a CHL coach, you would imagine it would just be Knoblauch instead.

I'll take Vigneault. Having Hak as coach is mentally exhausting.

macleish1974

Crash.....Heart of a Lion
Aug 2, 2005
Florida Swampland

I am with you. Find a coach with fire in his belly and tell the players "balls to wall". Find out real quick who adapts and who sinks to the bottom. If you do not risk everything, you wind up with nothing. And that is what the current coach is about: risk intolerant and cannot stomach, how shall I say it delicately, diversity of thought. A tyrant's tyrant, I suppose.

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I didn't want Torts three years ago, but he managed to reinvent himself enough to be not terrible.

I don't know if Tippett would be any better for rookies than Vigneault. I recall a lot of Coyotes fans on here hating him for how he used their young guys.

Todd Nelson sounds interesting, though. No obvious Flyers connections....

Reactions: flyersfan187

Captain Dave Poulin

Imaginary Cat
Apr 30, 2015
Tokyo, JP
I am with you. Find a coach with fire in his belly and tell the players "balls to wall". Find out real quick who adapts and who sinks to the bottom. If you do not risk everything, you wind up with nothing. And that is what the current coach is about: risk intolerant and cannot stomach, how shall I say it delicately, diversity of thought. A tyrant's tyrant, I suppose.

A real fascist piece of ****.

deadhead

Feb 26, 2014

Carter and Richards were traded, best move Holmgren ever made other than signing Briere, Kimmo and Hartnell in one offseason (can't do that today, just signing JT has Toronto in cap hell). Problem was Holmgren didn't go full bore with the rebuild.

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC
Wait, let me get this straight:

1)We can't judge this coach because the players are not good enough
2)If we dump this coach, we have to dump a bunch of players too, again, because the players are not good enough

If it never mattered how good the coach is, why the hell did we keep these terrible players for so many years and not trade them all? And if coaches have virtually no impact on the roster (you seem to think a new coach won't be able to change anything?), why are you so adamant we keep this awful coach? If they can't change anything, who cares, bring in the next scrub coach, not like they can have any impact on the roster.

Magua

Doer of Hoffific Things
Apr 25, 2016
Huron of the Lakes
I didn't want Torts three years ago, but he managed to reinvent himself enough to be not terrible.

I don't know if Tippett would be any better for rookies than Vigneault. I recall a lot of Coyotes fans on here hating him for how he used their young guys.

Tippett would be another scary choice. A very stubborn defense-first, boring ass coach who hates young players. Again, a sign Hextall just doesn't get it. Repeating evaluative mistakes.

I'm in agreement with Torts. But it was such a radical turnabout. That assumed expectation can't be placed on another re-tread. He's a trend bucker, an anomaly. Whoever they choose as the next coach will be another years long endeavor. There's no punting this hire. But the same GM who hired Jujube Hogwash as the previous hire might indeed find these coaches attractive. I'm somewhat skeptical it's another inexperienced risky higher (despite the reward factor).

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
Carter and Richards were traded, best move Holmgren ever made other than signing Briere, Kimmo and Hartnell in one offseason (can't do that today, just signing JT has Toronto in cap hell). Problem was Holmgren didn't go full bore with the rebuild.

They were traded because the GM had put himself in cap and prospect hell, not because the team sucked in 2009. You're proposing we blow up the team right now if Hakstol is fired.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->