GDT: #10: FLYERS at Bruins, Thursday, Oct. 25, 2018, 7:00 p.m. ET

FlyerNutter

In the forest, a man learns what it means to live
Jun 22, 2018
Winnipeg
Adios Voracek! If the right trade presented its self I'd be down. Perhaps Simmonds will get traded though?

They love Simmonds. He might be a POS 5 on 5, have no transition skill but damnit he brings that leadership and intangibles.

Better to trade Jake, that man has too much puck skill for this organization.

flyersfan187

Dec 4, 2007
Morrisdale, PA
He scores but not good at anything else. Imo traded. Simmonds also gone to start. Mac will be gone next year.

I would keep Voracek 100%. He is one of the best RWs in the league. Simmonds I like but he is on the last year of his deal and if I was Simmonds this is the off-season he needs to cash in and get a lot of term/money so if the Flyers fall out of the playoff hunt he should be traded. If the Flyers are still in the playoff hunt and playing well I would keep Simmonds and then let him go and find the best contract in the off season.

Reactions: Curufinwe

kelmitchell

Jun 11, 2013
Newark Delaware
The past sometimes appears brighter than the present. But I wouldn't want to argue about it because obviously it depends upon the perspective

Beginning of the 90s also were depressing for a Flyer fan. Heroes of the past leaving, missing the playoffs for several years in a row...
Well tbf i was born in 91, so the 97 season is really the first season i remember being crushed lol

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
They already traded a core guy named Fatty McNotacenter who was here for the first two years of the Hak regime. Did any of the major problems with the Flyers on-ice play improve after that trade? No.

This team with Hak as coach and without Voracek would be hilarious. Bottom 10 PP, Bottom 10 5on5 scoring, and bottom two PK.

Danko

You have no marbles
Jul 28, 2004
Wouldnt be surprised if we win this, and lost to the Islanders....or if we get blown out 8-0

Reactions: kelmitchell

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
If Hextall fires Hakstol, be prepared for a couple major trades as well, if he's going to blow up the season he'll probably want to take advantage of the grace period to dump a couple fan favorites.

Hextall should be fired before the trades can go through.

This is just you being incredibly spiteful. I guess you're beginning to realize your flawless coach isn't so flawless after all?

JojoTheWhale

CORN BOY
May 22, 2008
Serious question: What's the list of realistic potential replacements look like at this point?

The obvious names are Gordon, Knoblauch, Keefe, Lappy, Sutter, Bylsma, Todd Nelson, Vigneault, Kirk Muller, Tippett, Oates?

Going back to college isn't a move I think he can make and if he was going to hire a CHL coach, you would imagine it would just be Knoblauch instead.

Reactions: Captain Dave Poulin

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad