GDT: [#10] Dallas Stars @ Philadelphia Flyers, 6:00PM CT (FS-SW, ESPN+)

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Yeah blame the guy who wrote a blank check to make this a more successful franchise from top to bottom. :shakehead

I am grateful for Gaglardi but he is not without blame. He was responsible for Hitch and hat set the team back. As much as I like Nill as a person he may not be the right man for the job and Gaglardi needs to make decisions from the top down.

Zapp

Mar 14, 2016
Jyvaskyla
I am grateful for Gaglardi but he is not without blame. He was responsible for Hitch and hat set the team back. As much as I like Nill as a person he may not be the right man for the job and Gaglardi needs to make decisions from the top down.

Seguin had a career year under Hitchcock. Hitchcock implemented a defensive structure just the same as Monty without sacrificing offense. That team was playoff bound and then fell apart at the end of the year. The core of this team is the problem and its weakness is playing a complete game consistently.

M88K

irreverent
May 24, 2014
Seguin had a career year under Hitchcock. Hitchcock implemented a defensive structure just the same as Monty without sacrificing offense. That team was playoff bound and then fell apart at the end of the year. The core of this team is the problem and its weakness is playing a complete game consistently.
Kari Lehtonen happened

JesusNPucks

Dec 22, 2009
Amman, Jordan
This game needs to be a loss. Otherwise, those with the ability to make the necessary changes won’t be compelled to do so. The Stars are so desperate for hope, a single win may convince them that “things really aren't that bad.” #rebuild #GoStars

Reactions: Blindsummit

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Kari Lehtonen happened

Lehtonen played like 20 games in a row after Bishop got hurt. Hitch did the same nonsense last year with Koskinen after Talbot was traded. Hitchcock has a tendency to ride his goalies to death. By the way Hitch was the first guy who brough the dump and chase style offense back and the team is still playing it. So i do fault Hitch by extension Gaglardi for that year . Also for the Hanzal deal by the way which Hitch wanted.

Hockey Dad

Jan 27, 2016
Texas
Hitchcock was a mistake because he was a stopgap and everyone knew it. Instead of getting a coach that would last they got someone that had 2 years tops.

Reactions: serp

Troy McClure

Suter will never be scratched
Mar 12, 2002
South of Heaven
With the Stars playing Pitlick tonight, I thought I’d check up on the forwards the Stars let go this summer:
Zuccarello - zero points in four games and on IR
Spezza - among the Leafs scratch and fourth line rotation
Ritchie - among the Bruins scratch and fourth line rotation
Nichushkin - among the Avs scratch and fourth line rotation
Pitlick - has played every game for the Flyers

The sad thing is the Stars clearly didn’t lose anything of value when they cleared out those four fourth liners, but it also looks like they didn’t do anything to improve what they had on the fourth line. I guess the guys they have now are a bit faster, but they aren’t all that much better.

AveryStar4Eva

Aug 28, 2014
Sorry guys I’m officially on team tank this draft class is just to dank. I don’t think a monkey could screw up a top ten pick.

Peeps

May 24, 2017
Benn Radulov Seguin Pavelski Hintz
Lindell Klingberg Heiskanen
Bishop

There's no reason this team shouldn't win. The problem isn't Nill.

It's a mix of the coach and mainly the player.

They lost game 7 double OT to the Stanley Cup winner. They had the right system.

All of sudden this system is no good? I don't think Montgomery has change his whole coaching system from last year.

What I don't like from him is that he's not patient with his lines. Often mixing bottom 6 guys with top 6 guys.

Just do a combo of Benn and Pavs. Seguin with Radulov. Add Hintz and someone else.

Kcb12345

Jun 6, 2017
Bishop

They lost game 7 double OT to the Stanley Cup winner. They had the right system.

All of sudden this system is no good? I don't think Montgomery has change his whole coaching system from last year.

What I don't like from him is that he's not patient with his lines. Often mixing bottom 6 guys with top 6 guys.

Just do a combo of Benn and Pavs. Seguin with Radulov. Add Hintz and someone else.

One of the most frustrating things Monty does is scramble the lines for a few shifts after we score a goal or take the lead. It's almost like he is trying to throw off the opponent or something but it makes no sense at all and never benefits us

masinaLFC

Apr 2, 2014
Banska Bystrica, SVK
Bishop

you won't get vezina goalkeeping every year, great backup goalie performances... and we finished in a wildcard place omg... get a clue mate, monty and his pseudosystem is the biggest problem here

The Tourist

Jul 11, 2008
Does Philly have anyone who will drop the gloves? I could see Benn dropping the gloves this game to try and get the team going.

I'm predicting a fight and a win tonight. I'll probably be 0 for 2.

Reactions: Johno

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I count this as a win if the Stars score more than 3 goals in regulation regardless of outcome.

Reactions: LatvianTwist

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->