Post-Game Talk: 10/8 Rangers @ Hertl. And some other guys

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
The downside is it wasn't the Hawks or the Blues so we don't yet know if we will be able to go toe to toe with the league's best. That's about all I can think of.

Juxtaposer

Outro: Divina Comedia
Dec 21, 2009
Bay Area
Also, grain of salt: We've always been a great home team. Until we play on the road I'm going to remain wary.

KirbyDots

May 10, 2011
We have something special here and now everyone in the league knows it. Its Hertlmania!

hertlmania_zps15fbd570-1.jpg

Led Zappa

Tomorrow Today
Jan 8, 2007
Silicon Valley
The downside is it wasn't the Hawks or the Blues so we don't yet know if we will be able to go toe to toe with the league's best. That's about all I can think of.

********. Doing that against any NHL team is ****ing amazing.

Even if he did that once in his career against the Flames of this year it's amazing.

What rookie in the NHl has ever scored 6 goals in their 1rst 3 games eh?

That was history and I'm glad I was ****ing there.

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento

Even if he did that once in his career against the Flames of this year it's amazing.

It was ****ing amazing. I can't even go to bed. I just keep watching it on Sports Center's #1 play. :nod:

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com

Along with the multitude of stats, I think I saw the last rookie to score 5 or more goals in his first three games was back in 1979

murdock1116

May 27, 2010
Los Angeles
The thing that's so great about this, is Thornton and Marleau only had 1 point each! That's team depth right there!

Last year when we got off to the great start, it was really only because the big 3 were tearing it up.

Now everyone is contributing, even the D!

Big question is how will Hertl hold up over the course of an 82 game season.

Wami

Chicken Lyfe'
Mar 8, 2013
My fantasy league is asleep, and I GOT HERTL BABY! Damn this kid is sick

tinkezione

Butcher's Dog
Jul 22, 2013
Nicosia, Cyprus
Holy crap that 4th goal was sweet, reminded me of some good ol' Mario stuff right there.

On a sidenote: Brent Burns tallied 0+0 and no shots on goal on a 9-2 blowout. Didn't watch the game, so perhaps someone can elaborate on Burns' whereabouts for yesterdays game?

SactoShark

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
May 1, 2009
Sacramento
Holy crap that 4th goal was sweet, reminded me of some good ol' Mario stuff right there.

On a sidenote: Brent Burns tallied 0+0 and no shots on goal on a 9-2 blowout. Didn't watch the game, so perhaps someone can elaborate on Burns' whereabouts for yesterdays game?

Sharks were rolling 4 lines with ease. I actually thought Burns had a good game, but he wasn't needed. He was a +3 though.

9 goals and Thornton and Marleau had 2 combined combined points. That'll do just fine.

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
Sharks twitter feed has a McLellan quote about the 4th goal saying that hockey needs more of that. So it sounds like he's not mad.

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010

Relax. I'm talking about the team performance, and I'm not really seriously nitpicking it. That was my intentional reach.

TimAllen

Feb 1, 2010
Bay Area
I can't even believe some people are mad at that last goal. He made a move and it worked. I didn't realize there was an unacceptable way to score a goal.

Grave

Mondo Cool
Jun 23, 2009
Northern California
People that are complaining about the way he scored the 4th goal can go take a long walk off a short pier. Lets remove all creativity from the game right? Sound good?

Also its not like he celebrated like Theo Fleury or something.

Plowevelski

wuts this SCF thing?
Nov 19, 2010
BASED PETE DaBoAR
Ban all highlight reel goals. Only dirty garbage goals! :sarcasm:

How dare Hertl be such an exciting young talent!!!

What if Hertl scored all 9 goals, should the league fine him? Hahahaha. If anyone scored that I'd say wow that's sick as hell. People will always find something to ***** about :biglaugh:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->