GDT: 10/5/19 - 7:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Florida

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
Joseph's gonna have a year.

Not if 10mins EV per game is all he's gonna get. Once Point returns probably even less. Last season he at least got some PK time...now they even took that away from him. Doesn't look good...

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Didn't get a chance to catch the game but I saw that Vas gave up three goes in less than three minutes. I've said it a trillion times with this guy, he either plays really well or really poorly. It's clear that, mentally, he's very weak and allowing a goal shakes his confidence immediately. Seems it's either 0 or 1 goal he gives up, or 4+.

Reactions: ultra63

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Didn't get a chance to catch the game but I saw that Vas gave up three goes in less than three minutes. I've said it a trillion times with this guy, he either plays really well or really poorly. It's clear that, mentally, he's very weak and allowing a goal shakes his confidence immediately. Seems it's either 0 or 1 goal he gives up, or 4+.
Yeah, you really must have missed the game if you came away with a take like that.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Yeah, you really must have missed the game if you came away with a take like that.

Well, I didn't miss the prior several seasons. Vas is known for letting in easy goals and falling apart very quickly at times. If you'd like to believe otherwise feel free, but we all know what we've seen from him. When I read that we got down 3-0 let's just say I wasn't remotely surprised to learn that he gave up all three of those goals essentially back to back to back. It's objectively true that he's easily shaken.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Well, I didn't miss the prior several seasons. Vas is known for letting in easy goals and falling apart very quickly at times. If you'd like to believe otherwise feel free, but we all know what we've seen from him. When I read that we got down 3-0 let's just say I wasn't remotely surprised to learn that he gave up all three of those goals essentially back to back to back. It's objectively true that he's easily shaken.
Have you bothered to even watch the highlights from the game?
If you have then I don't see how anyone could claim that he was "easily shaken" unless that person had a clear bias.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Not if 10mins EV per game is all he's gonna get. Once Point returns probably even less. Last season he at least got some PK time...now they even took that away from him. Doesn't look good...

It's game 2. He'll earn more.

It often takes Coop a while to come around on guys, but Joseph plays a solid two-way game. He got opportunities in the top-6 last year, but was too raw to take advantage. But I think the confidence we're seeing in him right now bodes very, very well for the next time he gets a chance to play with star players.

In the meantime, he looks good with Gourde.

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
Have you bothered to even watch the highlights from the game?
If you have then I don't see how anyone could claim that he was "easily shaken" unless that person had a clear bias.

A clear bias in favor of the truth, yes. Maybe the goals weren't his fault in this game, maybe they were. But it's indisputable that he is known to give up goals in bunches, give up easy goals, and be either dominant or really bad. Seems to be very little middle ground. There's a reason a lot of fans aren't thrilled with the contract he was given. Any objective fan knows he hasn't shown yet that he can be a franchise goalie consistently, regular season or playoffs. If you want to stick with this one game, cool. I'll consider his entire body of work.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A clear bias in favor of the truth, yes. Maybe the goals weren't his fault in this game, maybe they were. But it's indisputable that he is known to give up goals in bunches, give up easy goals, and be either dominant or really bad. Seems to be very little middle ground. There's a reason a lot of fans aren't thrilled with the contract he was given. Any objective fan knows he hasn't shown yet that he can be a franchise goalie consistently, regular season or playoffs. If you want to stick with this one game, cool. I'll consider his entire body of work.

He definitely has some shaky nights. He also has two Vezina nominations and a win. It's not like other goalies don't have their struggles.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016
It's game 2. He'll earn more.

It often takes Coop a while to come around on guys, but Joseph plays a solid two-way game. He got opportunities in the top-6 last year, but was too raw to take advantage. But I think the confidence we're seeing in him right now bodes very, very well for the next time he gets a chance to play with star players.

In the meantime, he looks good with Gourde.

I believe it when I see it. It's not gonna be easier to earn special team ice time with Point and Paquette back in the mix. It would probably take quite a few injuries for Joseph to get a chance. I feel bad for the guy. Very competitive and consistent yet still not getting very little ice time.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I believe it when I see it. It's not gonna be easier to earn special team ice time with Point and Paquette back in the mix. It would probably take quite a few injuries for Joseph to get a chance. I feel bad for the guy. Very competitive and consistent yet still not getting very little ice time.

He got looks last year. He just didn't do anything with them. I think he'll get those same looks this year, but do a lot more. Even as stubborn as Cooper can be, he tends to reward guys who skate north-south and drive the net. That's Joseph.

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Oh, so this is your shtick. Noted

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->