Last edited:

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
stop saying that, say this instead

Just wan, bitey!

now that's how you start off a gdt

I don't want to alter a quote that's got like a lifetime .640 win percentage (I started it when we were in last place 3 years ago) but "Git an win" for the next GDT might be so much awesome that they'll HAVE TO win after reading it

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
I don't want to alter a quote that's got like a lifetime .640 win percentage (I started it when we were in last place 3 years ago) but "Git an win" for the next GDT might be so much awesome that they'll HAVE TO win after reading it
I will no longer be doling out worthless little "an" pellets from my psychiatric Pez dispenser. A poster of such uncommon grace has no need of guile.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Crabby is God

Fite me irl
Why would you equate me to a divine entity and then proceed to engage said entity in fisticuffs? I work all week and get one day off and here i am at 230 am talking gobbledegook and buggary with my hf pal. a night well spent in my books,,,,,i can not fight u because im too important to the overall intelligence level of this forum and cant be banned so lets talk puck

palat was good last game hoping for more of the same from him.

Reactions: Vasilevskiy

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
My good sir twas a challenge to anyone who disagreed with my premise. I should be slain in fisticuffs with you as you once claimed to been the greatest recorded lifter in Canada except Nunavut. Given the beatings you have doled out upon fools I dare not challenge the veracity of your claims and wish to give your wrists a break as I will deal with the miscreants in question myself

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
A little more attention to detail, same result, and we're all pretty happy.

It's hard to get up for hockey in October after last year. We do what we can. :p

Reactions: berlin

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
I detest 91 and 86 on the same line. 91 plays his best when he is focused on being the trigger man. That is why he played so well last season. The sooner 91 and 86 ends the better. I assume this will happen when 21 returns.

The opening game, as can be expected, was a bit of a clunker. Unlike others' views around here, I thought Shatty was great for the most part. His ability to get the puck on net is something we historically have struggled with.

Overall this team continues to struggle with generating even strength chances. We prey on breakdowns that lead to counter-attacks and the power play. This must be one of our focuses during the regular season - figuring out how to sustain offensive zone pressure at even strength. Maroon's goal was exactly what we brought him here to do. But man, it looks like he has cement in his skates. I would much prefer a bigger body that can keep up with our pace. As much as it pains me to say it, adding a Wilson sort of player to the mix here is the dream.

Finally, for work reasons, I was unable to follow training camp. Can someone explain to me why Smith is temporarily in the line up? I am not a fan at all. At worst, I would rather sign Brown and have him fill the same role.

Last edited:
Reactions: Whoshattenkirkshoes

Whoshattenkirkshoes

Aug 11, 2014
I detest 91 and 86 on the same line. 91 plays his best when he is focused on being the trigger man. That is why he played so well last season. The sooner 91 and 86 ends the better. I assume this will happen when 21 returns.

The opening game, as can be expected, was a bit of a clunker. Unlike others' views around here, I thought Shatty was great for the most part. His ability to get the puck on net is something we historically have struggled with.

Overall this team continues to struggle with generating even strength chances. We prey on breakdowns that lead to counter-attacks and the power play. This must be one of our focuses during the regular season - figuring out how to sustain offensive zone pressure at even strength. Maroon's goal was exactly what we brought him here to do. But man, it looks like he has cement in his skates. I would much prefer a bigger body that can keep up with our pace. As much as it pains me to say it, adding a Wilson sort of player to the mix here is the dream.

Finally, for work reasons, I was unable to follow training camp. Can someone explain to me why Smith is temporarily in the line up? I am not a fan at all. At worst, I would rather sign Brown and have him fill the same role.

Great post! Shattenkirk played great for it being his 1st game in our system. His presence as well as Sergachev's emergence will be huge for our defence this year and ya Maroon looks slow AF... this could be a huge problem for us.

Smith won the 4C role due to a strong preseason and a Ceddy Paquette injury. Smith played well against inferior competition but looked like a dog in water last game. His stint here will be short.

Hopefully the even strength chances thing can be fixed a little when Point returns. Fingers Crossed

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Smith is in because we have some injuries. I'm not sure we'll even keep him on the roster once we're fully healthy, but, for now, he's a cheap replacement until Paquette heals up.

I think the plan seems to be 91-21-86. We're all in agreement that 86 and 91 only work together when they're both playing a little selfishly, which rarely happens anymore. Not since they went white hot in 2017. Now they're constantly deferring to each other, and we saw a little more of that Thursday. My hope is Point will take over as the line's playmaker and both wingers will consider themselves shooters. Stamkos, in particular, is soooo much more dangerous when he's always a threat to shoot. It opens everything else up to him.

Reactions: Hockey4Life91

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Great post! Shattenkirk played great for it being his 1st game in our system. His presence as well as Sergachev's emergence will be huge for our defence this year and ya Maroon looks slow AF... this could be a huge problem for us.

I think that's over-stating it. Maroon won't ever be in an important enough role to sink us. A big slow guy on your fourth line, or in the press-box if need be, isn't gonna hurt much. Especially when he's not taking up any cap space.

Smith won the 4C role due to a strong preseason and a Ceddy Paquette injury. Smith played well against inferior competition but looked like a dog in water last game. His stint here will be short.

Hopefully the even strength chances thing can be fixed a little when Point returns. Fingers Crossed

Agreed on Smith and Paquette. Hopefully we get the Paquette of last season, and not the oft-injured plug he was before that. When he's on his game, he's a difference maker.

NatoGhost

Jun 27, 2013
Smith is at least a more fitting 4th liner than martel...kind of. So if paquette is injured he is okay. Plus its one bad game so far for smith. Martel had a bit more skill but not quite enough to be a really skilled nhler. We just need a decent 4th liner while paq is out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad