GDT: 10-31-13:Preds @ Yotes - "The if we only knew how to get more events in here edition"

drwpreds

Mar 19, 2012
Birmingham
Back to the scene of the crime. We had just creamed the Wings in 5 games, had our Russian Sniper back, along with SK/AK, Suter/Webs for 30 min a game, Rinne pre-surgery, and no room for guys like Toots. The hockey world was ours. And then it wasn't. Disappointing loss against a team we should have beat, followed by our worst season in years and a playoff miss, followed by a mediocre start to this season and injuries already setting the ton.

I still to this day wonder what would have happened if we had won game 1- we completely dominated the 3rd period and OT in that game and should have won it..

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
there is no rock and a hard place. it's simple. you don't scratch forsberg, you play him so he can learn on the fly from his mistakes and gain experience that way and not from the press box. then you scratch spaling until you trade him and waive hendricks, because someone will pick him up.

trotz.....really?

Hendricks is a 4th liner. He's filling a 4th line role. Spaling is back to the 4th line. Forsberg is not a 4th liner. He does not fit on a 4th line ... does not block shots ... is not a penalty killer ... not a physical player on the boards. The only possible place to put Forsberg is the spot currently occupied by Nystrom, who unlike Forsberg has scored at even strength this season.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Back to the scene of the crime. We had just creamed the Wings in 5 games, had our Russian Sniper back, along with SK/AK, Suter/Webs for 30 min a game, Rinne pre-surgery, and no room for guys like Toots. The hockey world was ours. And then it wasn't. Disappointing loss against a team we should have beat, followed by our worst season in years and a playoff miss, followed by a mediocre start to this season and injuries already setting the tone.

1 1/2 years ago. Was it so simple then, or has time re-written every line. Remember how it felt during those off days between the Wings and Yotes series? Board was lighting up and we were high on post-season success.

Good place to begin anew tonight. Win the 1st of 7 road games, get 2 over .500, and keep building on that.

Funny, isn't it. Last season really has shaken our confidence. We've stopped expecting to win. We're back to hoping we win. I dread hearing that coyote howl. It's a 'Nam flashback.

I "hope" we win.

Lets shuffle the lines and go with Rads/SK47/AK46 as our top line and see what happens.

I don't recall NSH ever being expected to beat the 'Yotes?

Either way, best of luck tonight.

Predarat

Aug 16, 2005
An attendance jab from you guys? Man, I thought we were in the same boat at one point, guess not :shakehead

Good luck tonight.

I was thinking the same thing. Just keep track of this forum, if trotty stays much longer that kind of turnout will be a highly attended game in Nashville. You will be able to jab right back at us in a few months.

TJW

Oct 31, 2013
Long time lurker- first time poster from all the way up in Central Illinois. You totally have to waive Hendricks. Heart and soul guy but just has been terrible. Trade Spals for picks and move Nystrom down to the fourth line. No reason to have Forsberg here if he is going to sit when we are already anemic on the offensive front. Clune-Goose-Nystrom fourth line is better than a mistake ridden Hendricks-goose-spals line.

jntarheels

Feb 20, 2013
Clarksville, TN
Glad to see Josi back in the line-up for tonight, just hoping he or the team isn't rushing him back in before he is fully recovered!!

Regardless, Go Preds!!

Cashville

RIP Lindback
Apr 12, 2011
Denver
Start this road trip off right please; seven games straight worries me, but starting off with at least a point would be nice. And relax Yotes fans, I'm not even sure that was a conscious attendance jab.

TJW

Oct 31, 2013
Gotta get 2 pts tonight against a stingy yotes club- here's to some good hockey! Go preds!

kypredsfan

Smashville Subban
Jan 20, 2011
Mt. Juliet, TN
During the playoffs on the Yotes' board GDT, they had a pic of Nashville devastated by the flood a couple of years ago. I don't feel bad for seeing the empty arena pic on our GDT at all.

And it sucks seeing Forsberg scratched again. Why is Hendrix here again?

cleangene63

Jan 25, 2006
Beautiful Bellevue
Back to the scene of the crime. We had just creamed the Wings in 5 games, had our Russian Sniper back, along with SK/AK, Suter/Webs for 30 min a game, Rinne pre-surgery, and no room for guys like Toots. The hockey world was ours. And then it wasn't. Disappointing loss against a team we should have beat, followed by our worst season in years and a playoff miss, followed by a mediocre start to this season and injuries already setting the tone.

1 1/2 years ago. Was it so simple then, or has time re-written every line. Remember how it felt during those off days between the Wings and Yotes series? Board was lighting up and we were high on post-season success.

Good place to begin anew tonight. Win the 1st of 7 road games, get 2 over .500, and keep building on that.

Funny, isn't it. Last season really has shaken our confidence. We've stopped expecting to win. We're back to hoping we win. I dread hearing that coyote howl. It's a 'Nam flashback.

I "hope" we win.

Lets shuffle the lines and go with Rads/SK47/AK46 as our top line and see what happens.

I almost have forgotten how much I love reading your spot-on posts; THANKS SO MUCH, and LET'S INDEED START THIS LONG AND WINDING ROAD TRIP WITH MORE THAN 3 GOALS PLEASE.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Legwand didn't take long to get back on the 1st line C. What a joke!

The way I see the lines, Legwand is the third line center tonight in a two-way scoring line role with Nystrom and Hornqvist.

Fisher is the first line center and Cullen could be called the second line center, but we have all seen that Trotz likes to run four lines almost evenly at even-strength, so numbers don't really carry much weight.

I'll be shocked if Nystrom - Gaustad - Hendricks wasn't the starting lineup and then they rotate into the lines from morning skate for the rest of the night. I really don't fully grasp what Trotz is trying to do with that starting line, but they are in fact the Predators "starting lineup" game after game.

101st_fan

I taught Yoda
Oct 22, 2005
Near where sand and waves meet.
The way I see the lines, Legwand is the third line center tonight in a two-way scoring line role with Nystrom and Hornqvist.

Fisher is the first line center and Cullen could be called the second line center, but we have all seen that Trotz likes to run four lines almost evenly at even-strength, so numbers don't really carry much weight.

I'll be shocked if Nystrom - Gaustad - Hendricks wasn't the starting lineup and then they rotate into the lines from morning skate for the rest of the night. I really don't fully grasp what Trotz is trying to do with that starting line, but they are in fact the Predators "starting lineup" game after game.

Tone setting. Win faceoff, get possession, run a cycle. I could see it in earlier games when Cullen especially had problems at the dot but now we have other options that make more sense.

Seth Lake

Jun 28, 2005
Nashville, TN
Tone setting. Win faceoff, get possession, run a cycle. I could see it in earlier games when Cullen especially had problems at the dot but now we have other options that make more sense.

Exactly. That's why I don't see it right now. Against a big team that likes to play tough like St. Louis or LA I could see it, but Phoenix?

Guess we'll have to wait and see...

INDhockeyfan

Apr 6, 2012
At least Stalberg is back in the lineup and and on a scoring line with Wilson and Fisher. I would have put Fisher with Nystrom and Hornqvist myself as Fish has played well with both of them and fits a 3rd line role better. We'll just see how it goes. Our defense has improved greatly with Josi back and we'll need it without Rinne.

WartracePred

Sep 29, 2009
At least Stalberg is back in the lineup and and on a scoring line with Wilson and Fisher. I would have put Fisher with Nystrom and Hornqvist myself as Fish has played well with both of them and fits a 3rd line role better. We'll just see how it goes. Our defense has improved greatly with Josi back and we'll need it without Rinne.

And with tons of top pairing experience for Jones.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad