GDT: 10/30: Boston Bruins @ Pittsburgh Penguins 8pm ET

lopey

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2009
Frozen Tundra Northern Ontario
I just hope this team learned its lesson from the last couple of games. Lucky against San Jose to win that game, but Saturday no so much. Please play 60 minutes of hockey. When we get the lead, do not back off. Team still has that killer instinct problem. It seems to me we play better when were behind...

coldblaster

Sep 4, 2013
Milton, Mass. USA
Let me see...

I guess since the Bruins are playing out of town, NBCSN will be airing it here in Boston. I'll be watching the Red Sox, though. However, I will listen to 'em on the Sports Hub.

sooshii

still dancing
Sponsor
Jan 25, 2009
Philly burbs
Pen's Notes

INJURY/LINEUP NOTES
Two injury updates of note from head coach Dan Bylsma:
•Rob Scuderi had surgery today on his ankle
•Beau Bennett skated this morning at an increased level
Bylsma also said that Marc-Andre Fleury :D will start in goal and Dustin Jeffrey will be in the lineup. Jeffrey has sat out the last six games as a healthy scratch. Fleury enters tonight's game having gone 19-4 in his last 23 home starts dating back to the beginning of last season. He's won three straight starts against the Bruins and five of his last six starts.*
--Sam Kasan

*You cannot win if you do not play.

Kobasew also injured.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
So is the the whole pregame on NBC tonight going to be CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY CROSBY, or more on how the Bruins got past them in the ECF last season in dramatically easy fashion?

Zdeno33Lucic*

INJURY/LINEUP NOTES
Two injury updates of note from head coach Dan Bylsma:
•Rob Scuderi had surgery today on his ankle
•Beau Bennett skated this morning at an increased level
Bylsma also said that Marc-Andre Fleury :D will start in goal and Dustin Jeffrey will be in the lineup. Jeffrey has sat out the last six games as a healthy scratch. Fleury enters tonight's game having gone 19-4 in his last 23 home starts dating back to the beginning of last season. He's won three straight starts against the Bruins and five of his last six starts.*
--Sam Kasan

*You cannot win if you do not play.

Kobasew also injured.

Neal is also out

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Tough week with two good teams (Pitt-Ana) in back-to-back games then on Saturday, the Isles who always give the Bruins problems and they now have the Bruins killer in Vanek...

I'll be happy with 4pts.

Go B's!

nycbruins*

NBC is keep talking about how they don't see anyone who can stop the penguins in the east & forget about the whole ECF sweep

Jean_Jacket41

Neely = HOF
Jun 25, 2003
With the smurfs
Bruins can't let up if they get the lead, we saw what happened with New Jersey.

The story of the game for me was the bad goal Rask gave late in the 2nd to keep them close at 3-2. Then the B's regrouped and were the better team in the 3rd untill they got into penalty trouble with a full 2min 5 on 3, that became a 6 on 3 to tie the game. A lucky play seconds later (Devils guy missed his shot attempt and that went to become a perfect open net pass to Greene...) and it was the 4th goal on the PP for the Devils.

qc

Aug 23, 2011
Take a shot every time Pierre says Kristopher Letang.

Bocephus86

Mar 2, 2011
Boston
Man 8 o'clock puck drop so I can't watch a full period of this one? Ill be flipping in and out if my roommate doesn't try to murder me but I feel like I end up missing both games when I do that. I may do the computer stream move tonight.

Anyway, I'm going 4-2 for the Bs tonight in a semi-nail bitter. The 4th is an empty net.

Bruinswillwin77

My name is Pete
Sponsor
May 29, 2011
Hooksett, NH
Penguins' expected lineups from nhl.com, based on the morning skate:

Chris Kunitz - Sidney Crosby - Pascal Dupuis

Jussi Jokinen - Evgeni Malkin - Matt D'Agostini

Tanner Glass - Brandon Sutter - Jayson Megna

Dustin Jeffrey - Joe Vitale - Craig Adams

Brooks Orpik - Paul Martin

Matt Niskanen - Kris Letang

Olli Maatta - Robert Bortuzzo

--------------------------------------

I have respect for how good the Pens have been the past 5 or so years but after their first line, the bottom 3 offenive lines don't look great, aside Geno centering the 2nd..

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
You know I bet NBCS is happy the Pens have a decent following because the Boston media market will be all but non existent tonight. Any other time of year a Pens/Bruins game would be a ratings bonanza but tonight ratings will stink.

I think the Seidenmoose likes to feast on Penguins.

No worries all, this NYY fan will have all 6 tvs in the house going full blast with the B's game to make up for the lost viewership ;-)

Random Oracle

Aug 3, 2005
I have respect for how good the Pens have been the past 5 or so years but after their first line, the bottom 3 offenive lines don't look great, aside Geno centering the 2nd..

You're absolutely right, although to be fair the second line would be much better if Neal and Bennett weren't out with injuries. The bottom six is a mess either way, though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad