GDT: 10/30/18 - 7:30PM EDT - New Jersey vs Tampa Bay

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Thought about Palat. Sometimes the guy you would think is useless, when actually he is the glue that holds all the different parts together.

Nah. He's been a black hole on offense that's about it.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
This is one of those times...

I mean...

Okay. Seeing Point and Gourde win like every puck battle and do so great along the boards just makes me more and more frustrated at Stamkos. But for 17 games before his leg break, I've never seen Stamkos with that type of motor. Odd to pick up because of the blowout, but there was one play where Stamkos had the puck around the goal line in the offensive zone, and Andy Greene just took him to the wall and walked away with the puck in about a half second. You just don't see that with the two midgets on our team who know how to use their body and sticks to shield the puck and avoid the hard contact.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

I mean...

Okay. Seeing Point and Gourde win like every puck battle and do so great along the boards just makes me more and more frustrated at Stamkos. But for 17 games before his leg break, I've never seen Stamkos with that type of motor. Odd to pick up because of the blowout, but there was one play where Stamkos had the puck around the goal line in the offensive zone, and Andy Greene just took him to the wall and walked away with the puck in about a half second. You just don't see that with the two midgets on our team who know how to use their body and sticks to shield the puck and avoid the hard contact.

Funny cause Point made Greene his bitch last night, Point has some of the best edgework on his skates in tight spaces I've ever seen and Gourde is a master at reading plays with his stick.. Stamkos almost never wins board battles, he doens't have the hands, stickwork or skating ability to get out of those corners and make a play, he should be the guy sneaking in from behind, MSL used to always do the cornerwork for him. Sucks that you lack that in a 8.5m pricetag but it is what it is.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013

I mean...

I remember that play. It was especially annoying since he literally called for the puck from Miller.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad