GDT: 10/3/13 - Los Angeles @ Minnesota - 7:00 PM CDT - NBCSN/TSN2

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
Yeo felt Dumba was jittery the past 2 practices, so with nerves rah would come w home opener, #mnwild will delay NHL debut at least a game

per Russo

Avder

The Very Weedcat
Jun 2, 2011
A place.
I'm sure that by the first game on FSN, we'll have a new GDT meme from the one commercial they decide to play 3x per commercial break. I have faith in their lack of creativity.

Also, Go Wild. :yo:

Better be something that sticks around all year. We collapsed after we embraced pitbull and they took him away.

If Dumba could be in Iowa would he be there now?? He is here by default?

The NHL really needs to strongarm the CHL into a better deal so teams can send prospects like Dumba to the AHL earlier instead of being forced to either bring them to the NHL early or waste them completely in the CHL.

Pominville will score a hatrick.

Yes a HA Trick, he will laugh after every goal he scores. :laugh:

Or maybe its a hat for some guy named rick?

Someone do something with that.

Lapa

Global Moderator
Feb 21, 2010
3-1 Wild. Stoner (yes, Stoner), Granlund and Niño.

Minnesota

L'Etoile du Nord
Sponsor
Aug 5, 2011
Just found out I'm missing the game tonight. Bummed.

frams.gif

Jaykay

Jul 5, 2012
Minneapolis, MN
I've got a rehearsal dinner tonight for a wedding I'm in this weekend but I'll be attempting to sneak in updates I'm sure

Wild lose 3-2

Goals from Nino and Parise

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
pitbull-light-o.gif

So happy to see Pitbull again.. lol. Hockey is here!

:yo: :handclap:
Didn't he get demoted to doing Dr. Pepper commercials? :laugh:

Love home-openers! It's always a special night. Find myself always walking a little faster from the parking ramp to the arena. :yo:

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
Wild Win 4-3 in the shootout.

First Goal: Koivu
First Assist: Suter, Pominville
First PPG: Koivu
First Fight: Cooke
First Penalty: Nino
First to lose and edge: Heatley

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Wild Win 4-3 in the shootout.

First Goal: Koivu
First Assist: Suter, Pominville
First PPG: Koivu
First Fight: Cooke
First Penalty: Nino
First to lose and edge: Heatley
If Cookie fights, I'll eat my Wild calendar.

Hopefully the home crowd is a little respectful of Cooke during intros. He's part of the team now. You don't have to like it. You don't have to applaud. But please show the team some respect on this big night by keeping it positive. Pretty please? It'd feel like bad mojo to boo anything related to your team during the opening.

grN1g

Nov 11, 2009
Minnesota
If Cookie fights, I'll eat my Wild calendar.

Hopefully the home crowd is a little respectful of Cooke during intros. He's part of the team now. You don't have to like it. You don't have to applaud. But please show the team some respect on this big night by keeping it positive. Pretty please? It'd feel like bad mojo to boo anything related to your team during the opening.

I just see cooke wanting to win the fans over with a decent fight with someone his size if they're willing. just my opinion tho.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
I just see cooke wanting to win the fans over with a decent fight with someone his size if they're willing. just my opinion tho.

this isn't a boogaard or konopka or even Rupp we're talking about. fighting for the sake of fighting is actually bad when Cooke does it. he's a good player.

Gaps

Oct 3, 2012
I feel like let him get his nerves out now, for me delaying something nerve-wracking only makes it worse.

I agree. He's going to be nervous in his first game anyway, it doesn't matter whether it's tonight or on Saturday.

TZM

Par too easy
Mar 25, 2012
Kerava
I agree. He's going to be nervous in his first game anyway, it doesn't matter whether it's tonight or on Saturday.

It does affect you if your first game is a home opener or if it's the 2nd regular season game. Plus you get to see the game speed up close. Great choice from Yeo, imo.

NHL1674

Whatever...
Sponsor
Aug 8, 2008
Minnesota
Based on preseason, Cookie is actually good on the ice skill-wise, and he'd be dumber than a box of rocks to have a "staged" fight on opening night. Save a fight for when it really counts. He wouldn't win me over with that. I'd be ticked that he took himself out of the game for 5 minutes. The last thing he should be worried about during those 60 minutes is winning fans over. Win on the scoreboard first.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Based on preseason, Cookie is actually good on the ice skill-wise, and he'd be dumber than a box of rocks to have a "staged" fight on opening night. Save a fight for when it really counts. He wouldn't win me over with a fight. I'd be ticked that he took himself out of the game for 5 minutes. The last thing he should be worried about during those 60 minutes is winning fans over. Win on the scoreboard first.

Unless Brown takes a little bit of a run at Granlund. Cooke drops with Brown, I think he gets a standing O.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Sooo...my buddy just called me and tells me that he has an extra ticket for tonight's game...CLUB LEVEL and even better........FREE!!!!!!

What an awesome feeling. Was pumped to watch the game on TV, now I'll be front and center to all the festivities...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->