FsKj6Jx.png

lNi5V62.png

WhbgLEz.png

DQY29L7.png

JoVel

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jan 23, 2017
So it's gonna be RDR till 1AM and then some Lightning hockey. Can't complain about that.

Reactions: Stamper

Cmac66

Apr 18, 2017
Going to be a tough game even with the way that they have started the season. Would like to see us get revenge for them beating us both times last season. Nice game time for us EU fans for once:laugh:

Reactions: Maelmoor

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
That quote from Stamkos, particularly the end of it, shows exactly why we shouldn't pair him with Kucherov any time soon. How on earth those two don't "get it" is beyond me. And, obviously, the problem would still be there, since it seems like a deliberate thing, according to that quote.

"I can try to find him, and he can try to find me."

Yeah, no ****. And eventually you pass out of that Grade A scoring chance you mentioned.

Reactions: Stamper

LightningStrikes

Champa Bay Lightning
Nov 24, 2009
The quotes of Stamkos and Kucherov (the translated interview on RawCharge) really make it seem like there's a front between Cooper and our "elite players". Not sure where the other non-star players on our team stand on that front or how it impacts their opinion and response to the coaching staff. On one side 86 and 91 sound pretty entitled and on the other side it seems like you have a head coach who does not explain or does not see the need to explain changes made to the lineup and line combos. If that's the case the situation is just sad and could be alarming in regards towards the old "coach is losing the room" scenario.

I know from my professional life that most problems in companies come down to lack of or bad communication. This could easily be fixed. This [the breakup of 86 and 91] was not a random idea by the coaching staff. It's based on bad decisionmaking and bad performances by two of our three best forwards. Once broken up the team went on a scoring and winning spree. The coach should make that clear. Meanwhile the players should be able to reflect on their performance and grow the f*** up. They're paid millions for this job. Get out there, perform and get results. Don't question your boss who obviously has taken the right decision to fix a broken 1st line and get positive results. "He broke us up for no reason", get real Nikita!

/rant

Last edited:

TampaJay

Jan 16, 2016
That quote from Stamkos, particularly the end of it, shows exactly why we shouldn't pair him with Kucherov any time soon. How on earth those two don't "get it" is beyond me. And, obviously, the problem would still be there, since it seems like a deliberate thing, according to that quote.

Yeah, no ****. And eventually you pass out of that Grade A scoring chance you mentioned.
Here’s my guess to your question of why those two don’t get it. You have to assume they were told and shown in film analysis repeatedly the problem with the overpassing and giveaways and when nothing changed, the only option was to separate them to see if that would get the message across. Now, even after they are separated they still don’t get it. Error code 550: “Message rejected”. My guess… they hear the coach but have tuned him out; they think they know better. Then again, maybe Cooper never communicated the problem.

Reactions: AmbulanceChaser

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018

I don't buy the deliberate part, but there is definitely a disconnect there. And seeing this more and more around the league. Over-passing. Over-thinking. Don't get it. Tort's may have hit the nail on the head in his interview yesterday. Not enough selfishness in this league. A big hug fest.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
I sincerely doubt Cooper did not communicate why Stamkos and Kucherov were separated. Assume he didn't.... You two seriously see no problems in your play? You can't one and one together and make two here? I've watched enough chemistry dysfunction to not take (in particular) Kucherov's opinion seriously in this matter.

Just because Stamkos and Kucherov had a good season together last year doesn't mean it's open season for dumbass turnovers and passing up grade A shooting opportunities for 5+ games so you guys can figure it out. You force the situation into teams having to defend only 1 consistent scoring line so you guys can have bro time.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
To me it seems like they think their play is fine together. Which I mean you cant argue too much. They were one of the more dynamic duos last year. I think they have a lot of confidence they can be effective together. I dont think they realize that our roster is better when they are separate. Them being separate might hurt their season totals. They also probably think having them together is better for the team. I just think its one of those things where you agree to disagree. We are good enough to keep them together but I like our roster better when they arent. Maybe they just dont want to admit that or believe the other.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
I don't buy the deliberate part, but there is definitely a disconnect there. And seeing this more and more around the league. Over-passing. Over-thinking. Don't get it. Tort's may have hit the nail on the head in his interview yesterday. Not enough selfishness in this league. A big hug fest.

I mean they are deliberately trying to "find" each other on the ice, to an extreme degree, and don't realize it was a problem.

Reactions: SRQKiter

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
To me it seems like they think their play is fine together. Which I mean you cant argue too much. They were one of the more dynamic duos last year. I think they have a lot of confidence they can be effective together. I dont think they realize that our roster is better when they are separate. Them being separate might hurt their season totals. They also probably think having them together is better for the team. I just think its one of those things where you agree to disagree. We are good enough to keep them together but I like our roster better when they arent. Maybe they just dont want to admit that or believe the other.

They're good together when at least one of them is being a little bit selfish, like Kucherov was to start last year. But we haven't seen that in a while. All we see is both of them going out of their way to set the other up.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Here’s my guess to your question of why those two don’t get it. You have to assume they were told and shown in film analysis repeatedly the problem with the overpassing and giveaways and when nothing changed, the only option was to separate them to see if that would get the message across. Now, even after they are separated they still don’t get it. Error code 550: “Message rejected”. My guess… they hear the coach but have tuned him out; they think they know better. Then again, maybe Cooper never communicated the problem.

Don' think there's "a front" against Cooper, neither of them just seem aware how awful they looked together. Then again, Cooper is everyone's best friend I can see him not mentioning the problem and just starting them on separate lines one day saying "lets try this." Neither Kucherov or Stamkos look like they know why they were separated.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad