GDT: 10/24/18 - 9:30PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Colorado

Hockey4Life91

Mar 13, 2018
Joseph had a hell of a game. Miller splitting the D was awesome too. Sick pass by Stammer!

McD is a boss in our zone and Vasy with the SO. The Bolts are back?

#DontFireCooperJustYet

Joseph has been so darn impressive. His wheels are unreal. So fast, in fact, you can see how defensemen are often surprised and caught flat footed. I cannot wait for him to break the seal and hit the twine here soon - he certainly has had some bad puck luck to start the season. Hopefully Joseph can develop more of a scoring touch during his career than, say, Brown. If he can account for about 15 goals, with everything else that he brings to the table, it would be huge for us.

Last edited:

God King Fudge

Championship Swag
Oct 13, 2017
Hell of a game tonight boys. Bolts are my eastern seem so this loss was a little easier to stomach haha. Better team won tonight.
Hell of a game, though. Could have easily been 3-0 at the end of the first in favor of your boys. They were flying. People that didn't watch may say they deflated after the goal got called back, but they came out and damn near put one in again on the next shift.

As for TB, I just love what I'm seeing right now. Top 10 in PP Chances against and they've only allowed 1. They let in 3 in the first 3 games last season. The improvement is something special.

McDonagh is the real deal. He's been absolutely spectacular so far.

I feel like everyone on this team is contributing right now, even if it's not on the scoresheet, which bodes well if some of these guys (Kuch, Stamkos, Palat, Johnson) find a rhythm and start to produce a little more consistently. I see a commitment from the whole team to play smart. It's good stuff.

Reactions: missionAvs

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hell of a game, though. Could have easily been 3-0 at the end of the first in favor of your boys. They were flying. People that didn't watch may say they deflated after the goal got called back, but they came out and damn near put one in again on the next shift.

As for TB, I just love what I'm seeing right now. Top 10 in PP Chances against and they've only allowed 1. They let in 3 in the first 3 games last season. The improvement is something special.

McDonagh is the real deal. He's been absolutely spectacular so far.

I feel like everyone on this team is contributing right now, even if it's not on the scoresheet, which bodes well if some of these guys (Kuch, Stamkos, Palat, Johnson) find a rhythm and start to produce a little more consistently. I see a commitment from the whole team to play smart. It's good stuff.

The guy who's still a little lost seems to be Palat. I don't know if he shows up every year out of shape or what, but it's frustrating that, year after year, he can't play in October like he plays in March. But then again I guess it'll feel like adding an asset when he finally comes around. I think Johnson is the only Triplet with any mojo at ES right now (Kucherov is slowly coming around), but it's left us with three other highly effective lines. Our third and fourth might be the most impressive right now, at least relative to executing on their roles.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
It's different when a guy slides himself out of position like that. It forces another guy to move somewhere he's not supposed to be. Great read by Stamkos.
It was a great read by Stamkos but what I mean is I don't want to see the dude think he's Gretzky for the next month and a half and make one stupid pass after another that are not smart plays like that. He already makes a lot of ill advised plays and while I hope it gives him swagger, I don't want it to end up having negative consequences

Seems like for every time he makes that play he makes like 20 bad ones

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
Honestly, while our PK has been effective, we could have easily given up a goal on that first one. It's been fine, but I don't want to crow too hard.

What really impressed me was the empty net. We spent more time in their zone than they did in ours. We're still taking too many penalties, but I think our 5 on 5 has been stellar.

Reactions: TeslaCoilFan

Flat Ronnie

Feb 11, 2014
It was a great read by Stamkos but what I mean is I don't want to see the dude think he's Gretzky for the next month and a half and make one stupid pass after another that are not smart plays like that. He already makes a lot of ill advised plays and while I hope it gives him swagger, I don't want it to end up having negative consequences

Seems like for every time he makes that play he makes like 20 bad ones
Jesus, guy.....just enjoy it.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Who says I didn't? I'm just saying I don't want Stamkos to start derping on the ice

He is what he is. But when he does something nice and/or stellar, he deserves credit for that, regardless what he does in a hypothetical game tomorrow or the next day. Whether or not he recognized he had two defenders frozen and facing the wrong way, who knows. Maybe he would have made the pass even if there was a stick in the lane. But there wasn't. It was pretty much perfect.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009
Stamkos has gotten his fair share of criticism. I also think we are little bit blinded by how much talent we have to appreciate the type of player Stamkos is. Is he overpaid, yes but that was more from his past success than what he will be going forward. Hes still better than a lot of the rest of the league and I bet we would get something nice for him if it ever got to a trade. Id be happy with Stamkos if he just played hard and let his shot rip. He would score more and we would be happier with him. He just tries to do too much. Maybe as Captain he feels he has to be this way.

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
He is what he is. But when he does something nice and/or stellar, he deserves credit for that, regardless what he does in a hypothetical game tomorrow or the next day. Whether or not he recognized he had two defenders frozen and facing the wrong way, who knows. Maybe he would have made the pass even if there was a stick in the lane. But there wasn't. It was pretty much perfect.
It was a very nice play. It'll end up in a montage at the end of the season for sure. On the other hand I hope it's a pinpoint moment where Stamkos continued to play better as he has and it carries on and we win more.

It's early to say how everything is going to be but at least for the moment we are having times when we are playing like a team that can win it all.

I'm innately curious how long the Todd Richards effect will last

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Joseph has been so darn impressive. His wheels are unreal. So fast, in fact, you can see how defensemen are often surprised and caught flat footed. I cannot wait for him to break the seal and hit the twine here soon - he certainly has had some bad puck luck to start the season. Hopefully Joseph can develop more of a scoring touch during his career than, say, Brown. If he can account for about 15 goals, with everything else that he brings to the table, it would be huge for us.

lol he's Brown on steroids if he can't finish, his true test will be if he can finish on a breakaway.

Skating is ridiculous and he's got good IQ but his passing/shooting don't seem overly impressive. Couple times where he saw the right play but couldn't hit the pass.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
lol he's Brown on steroids if he can't finish, his true test will be if he can finish on a breakaway.

Skating is ridiculous and he's got good IQ but his passing/shooting don't seem overly impressive. Couple times where he saw the right play but couldn't hit the pass.

He hits the pass a lot of the time too though, so the real key is that he sees the play unfolding. Coop rewarded him with some PP time again too.

VoluntaryDom

Formerly DominicBoltsFan / Ⓐ / ✞
Oct 31, 2016
Tampa FL
Joseph is a f***ing terror in transition. Dude is fast as hell and attacks the defense. Sometimes makes rookie mistakes defensively and sometimes isn’t the best passer (though sometimes he pulls off some beauties) but overall he’s been good for us. His speed is a weapon combined with his puck control.

CupsOverCash

Jun 16, 2009

Hes had a few good looks at the net too just hasnt been able to finish. If he can develop that he will be a gem.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Hes had a few good looks at the net too just hasnt been able to finish. If he can develop that he will be a gem.

Hit a crisp post last night. I think he had another one earlier in the year, or maybe he got robbed. Either way, that's pretty common for a guy getting his feet wet on this team. Even Kucherov went through it (after scoring on his first shift, mind you). Johnson definitely went through it. Joseph doesn't have to be a premiere scorer to be effective for us. Double digit goals for this year would be great. Everything else is gravy. He's a big net positive.

Reactions: CupsOverCash

The S5

Jul 27, 2017
Huh? They said he's lost a step and almost washed up, kind of what he was in the playoffs getting beat in the crease all the time.

This McDonagh is out playing Hedman.

There are plenty of RAnger fans who don't know what they are talking about. Mac was hurt and played through it a lot. Add to that the AV system and he wasn't the same guy we were used to over the last couple of seasons. But, when he was healthy, IMO, he was one of the top shut down guys in the game. If he stays healthy, you guys are going to really appreciate just how good he is.
I'm happy that he has moved on to a better team. Now go win the Cup!

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
There are plenty of RAnger fans who don't know what they are talking about. Mac was hurt and played through it a lot. Add to that the AV system and he wasn't the same guy we were used to over the last couple of seasons. But, when he was healthy, IMO, he was one of the top shut down guys in the game. If he stays healthy, you guys are going to really appreciate just how good he is.
I'm happy that he has moved on to a better team. Now go win the Cup!

I think he's been our single best player in roughly half the games we've played, and very likely he's the biggest reason for our good start. He's been good, at the very least, every single game, and incredible in more games than not.

We have two legit #1 guys right now. And Stralman is playing like he's still a #2/3, for the moment.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->