GDT: 10/21 - Game 7 - Sabres (1-5-0) shuffle into Boston (3-3-0) - NESN, WBZ-FM 98.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
DMqXGvcW0AEkQm0.jpg:large

upload_2017-10-21_9-47-6.png

upload_2017-10-21_9-48-5.png

upload_2017-10-21_9-48-42.png

location-of-holiday-inn-express-hotel-and-suites-boston-garden-top.jpg

Tonight's Officials
130p_mccauley.jpg
130p_ohalloran.jpg

Referees Wes McCauley (4), Dan O'Halloran (13)
Linesmen Greg Devorski (54), Ryan Daisy (81)

Ntl. Anthem Rene Rancourt

WAYBACK MACHINE

BOSTON vs BUFFALO, LIFETIME SERIES

The Bruins and Sabres are meeting for the 286th time in their histories with the Bruins having a 135-110-29-11 record and 919-902 scoring edge in those games. - The Bruins are 79-44-14-4 vs. the Sabres lifetime in Boston with a 503-408 scoring advantage in those 141 contests. - The Bruins are 12-1-2 in their last 15 games vs. the Sabres with their lone regulation loss in that stretch a 6-3 setback in Boston on 12/26/2015 … They are 17-4-3 in their last 24 games overall vs. the Sabres and are 8-2-2 in their last 12 home games of this lifetime series.. - Fun Fact: The Bruins’ 4-0-0 record vs. Buffalo in 2016-17 was their first ever series sweep over the Sabres.

TONIGHT’S GAME

The Bruins host the Sabres tonight in the 1st of 4 games between these teams and the 1st of 2 games this year at TD Garden … The Bruins are 3-3-0 this season and are 2-1-0 on home ice … They are facing their 1st Eastern Conference opponent tonight after opening the season with 6 straight games vs. Western Conference foes. - The Bruins are playing game 2 tonight of a 4-game home stand that will see them continue with San Jose (10/26) and Los Angeles (10/28) … They are playing a stretch of 7 of 8 games on home ice (1-0-0 so far)

MILESTONES APPROACHING

Tuukka Rask’s next game will be the 400th of his NHL/Bruins career
Riley Nash is 1 point short of his 100th NHL point
David Backes is 2 points short of his 500th NHL point
Brad Marchand is 4 goals shy of his 200th NHL/Bruins goal

INJURIES (Total man-games lost in 2017-18: 19)

Noel Acciari – Left index finger surgery, approx.. 6 wks from 10/5 vs NSH (IR)
Ryan Spooner – B groin adductor team, approx.. 6 wks from 10/15 at VGK (IR)
Adam McQuaid – Broken right fibula, approx.. 8 wks from 10/19 vs VAN
Tuukka Rask – Concussion suffered 10/18 in practice

https://link.nhl.com/static/gamenotes/public/20172018/[email protected]?1508552892000

Colt.45Orr

Mar 23, 2003
Canada
I wonder if we will see Kane and Miller finally drop them tonight after making their dislike for each other so obvious last year?

After Dorsett had Miller locked out and was landing freely, I would worry that Kane would fracture Miller's face. With McQuaid out, it is time to bring in White.

TheReal13Linseman

Now accepting BitCoin
Oct 26, 2005
Nation's Capital
Wow, thanks for posting that Rivalry video. Great stuff. Takes me back. I feel a bit bad for the younger fans here who weren't able to experience the blood-rivalry between us and Buffalo of the 80s. The hate was palpable. The old Adams Division rivalries between us and Buffalo and the Nordique was truly special.

My one wish for this league would be to depart from Bettman's misguided attempts to universalize the league and instead revert to a more localized, regional-centric schedule which would allow these rivalries to build again. There is no better entertainment value in sports than the kind of down-to-the-core hatred and resulting abiding interest that such a format can engender.

Reactions: BMC

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Wow, thanks for posting that Rivalry video. Great stuff. Takes me back. I feel a bit bad for the younger fans here who weren't able to experience the blood-rivalry between us and Buffalo of the 80s. The hate was palpable. The old Adams Division rivalries between us and Buffalo and the Nordique was truly special.

I enjoy doing the wayback machine and I try to find a good collection for every game.

Last week a poster actually sent me a PM wondering if I had forgotten the wayback machine when we played Vegas last Sunday :help::huh::laugh::hit:

TP

Global Moderator
Dec 2, 2008
Really curious to see which team shows up tonight.

We should give them a beating, so I am going to a Pasta OT goal wins it. 2-1.

VanIsle

Jun 5, 2007
Comox Valley, B.C.
Ahh the old Rob Ray and Brad May days mucking it up, with LaFontaine and Mogilny lighting it up.

Seems like a lifetime ago.

Go Bruins we got this one.

LouJersey

Jun 29, 2002
Graves to Gardens
youtu.be
I wonder if we will see Kane and Miller finally drop them tonight after making their dislike for each other so obvious last year?

After Dorsett had Miller locked out and was landing freely, I would worry that Kane would fracture Miller's face. With McQuaid out, it is time to bring in White.

C'mon Colt, Killer would more likely fracture Kane's face than vice versa. Matt Cooke he is not.

Gee Wally

Old, Grumpy Moderator
Sponsor
Feb 27, 2002
HF retirement home
David Krejci (back) and Kevan Miller (undisclosed injury) will be game-time decisions for the Bruins on Saturday against Buffalo. Krejci and Miller took spins around the Warrior Ice Arena sheet before Saturday’s optional morning skate. Krejci participated in the skate, while Miller did not. Neither practiced Friday.
If Miller cannot play, the Bruins will have to recall a defenseman from Providence. Paul Postma, a healthy scratch for the first six games, will be in tonight for Adam McQuaid, who is out with a broken leg.
The Bruins recalled Rob O’Gara from Providence on an emergency basis to serve as Miller’s insurance policy. O’Gara was one of the final cuts out of training camp.
http://www.bostonglobe.com/sports/b...er-saturday/AcgCtLbcSa9sbRy6VufftL/story.html

Bruins1233

Apr 30, 2016
We really should beat Buffalo, Eichel is the only player who has scored an even strength goal on that team, and our starting 5 is one of the best in Hockey so he should be neutralized

ODAAT

Oct 17, 2006
Victoria BC
B`s unbeaten on nights I work so.....obviously this is going to be a win and I`m feeling another "Kids are Alright" night

4-1

McAvoy, DeBrusk, Kuraly and here I go.............Vatrano pots one

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad