GDT: 10-21-18 Chicago Smurfs vs Tampa Bay Snorks

Status
Not open for further replies.

hawksfan50

Feb 27, 2002
As to Brandon Saad...needs to find passion again..needs to re-visit puck protection school...

A refresher ...the 4 methods of puck protection..

1.The "10 and 2"....weight shift move to shield off the checker ...

2.The "Teresenko" ...basically a 10 and 2 with an outside edge shift.....then a scoot dash to the net to release the shot..

3.The ""Malkin".. a turn back with the puck down low around the net,then a jab step/quick cut in the opposite direction to fool the checker and then you have some space to shoot or take it to the net ..

4.The "Duchene"...using cros-over edgewor to change speeds and get to a leverage position ahead of the checker or gain possession on the forechecl..

Sad giving g up the puck way too easily..needs to go to school to employ the methods above to protect the puck or gain advantage to win pucks...

Last edited:
Reactions: Sir Loin

BobbyJet

I am Canadian
Oct 27, 2010
Dundas, Ontario. Can
But AA with the back-check was the reason puck got back into Blue Jackets zone for Kane's first goal last night ...Schatz got all the credit for driving the lane up the middle to create separation space for Lane to shot. .But unless AA made that back-check to get VBJ to turn the puck over that okay never gets going ..so obviously AA still brings something to the line. .

Exactly. AA looks pretty good, and Schmaltz didn't exactly drive to the net like the commentators made it sound. I think I heard him say "excuse me" to the first Dman he encountered. But the play worked mostly due to the alert play by Seabs (who of course gets little mention as per usual).

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
AA isn’t the problem with Kane. Kane slows down the play a lot of times, which allows Anisimov to fill lanes, drive the net, receive the late high slot pass, and provide net front presence.

Schmaltz needs to be on a separate line for at least a handful of games, if only to relearn how to be an offensive force.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
AA isn’t the problem with Kane. Kane slows down the play a lot of times, which allows Anisimov to fill lanes, drive the net, receive the late high slot pass, and provide net front presence.

Schmaltz needs to be on a separate line for at least a handful of games, if only to relearn how to be an offensive force.
If we bring up the Sikura brothers we could run the following:

Cat-Captain-Kahun
Saad-Anisimov-Kane
Schmaltz-Tyler-Dylan
Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

Swap Saad and Hayden if need be.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
If we bring up the Sikura brothers we could run the following:

Cat-Captain-Kahun
Saad-Anisimov-Kane
Schmaltz-Tyler-Dylan
Hayden-Kruger-Kampf

Swap Saad and Hayden if need be.
And until I see that Dylan actually has a clue defensively, he hasn’t a place on this team as currently constructed.

Sir Loin

Apr 19, 2014
Chicago
Smart not to push Crawford in back to backs yet. Might be a dumpster fire tonight, but there's a ton of hockey to be played this season.

Reactions: BobbyJet

Rick C137

Jun 5, 2018
Completely on board with not throwing Crawford right back into the net even though his play normally would more than deserve the back to back nod here. Don’t feel terrific about Cam Ward against this Tampa Bay offense though.

Hayden should be playing.

Reactions: Krivo25

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
And until I see that Dylan actually has a clue defensively, he hasn’t a place on this team as currently constructed.
You're blowing Dylan's defensive ability out of proportion. Plus he can't be any worse than Kunitz so at the very least he deserves a spot over him.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
You're blowing Dylan's defensive ability out of proportion. Plus he can't be any worse than Kunitz so at the very least he deserves a spot over him.
I’d let him learn in the AHL, and let Kunitz lead us to a better draft pick.

pvr

Leather Skates
Jan 22, 2008
It's too early to think about tanking
Said nothing about tanking. Just don’t see a team that is good enough on the defensive side of the puck to go far. Crawford is the key. Sikura not going to change that.

Kevin Musto

Hard for Bedard
Feb 16, 2018
Said nothing about tanking. Just don’t see a team that is good enough on the defensive side of the puck to go far. Crawford is the key. Sikura not going to change that.
Sikura adds depth scoring though which means on days when Cat, Captain, and Kane can't carry, we can still produce.

Crow

May 19, 2014
No crow. I’m sad because I got so f***ing drunk yesterday that I missed it.

Apparently he was vintage

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad