GDT: 10/21/18 - 7:30PM EDT - Florida vs Tampa Bay

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Funny how Dominic said the other day Stamkos played his best game in years at Nashville, then Stammer comes out the next game and arguably does it. Not just the points, he was a beast in his own zone, transition, carrying the puck, making the right plays at the right time. He's been playing lights out recently.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
Good win but PK starting to look like last years after January. No pressure on the puck at all. All 4 guys standing around down low, easy zone time for opposition. Lazy.

Reactions: LonLon Lei

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Funny how Dominic said the other day Stamkos played his best game in years at Nashville, then Stammer comes out the next game and arguably does it. Not just the points, he was a beast in his own zone, transition, carrying the puck, making the right plays at the right time. He's been playing lights out recently.

It looks like he literally remembered how to play hockey after years of not being too sure.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Good win but PK starting to look like last years after January. No pressure on the puck at all. All 4 guys standing around down low, easy zone time for opposition. Lazy.
You can't judge a PK with a 7-2 lead and 4 minutes left. There's no stakes. It's like PKing at practice essentially.

Reactions: DaBolts

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
You can't judge a PK with a 7-2 lead and 4 minutes left. There's no stakes. It's like PKing at practice essentially.
Sorry dude, no way. It's been lousy for two weeks now. And as importantly, BE was making the point, but with more diplomatic language because he was on tv, that his teammates essentially hung LD out to dry. Goalies care about their numbers and the Lightning are going to need LD at his best and f*cking him over like that doesn't help. I'm sure he's happy about the win and how he played, but pissed about the lack of effort on the PK, regardless of lead. Hell, the skaters don't even get a minus, but the goalie's GAA and SP both suffer.

DaBolts

Stanley Cup Boat Parades ROCK
Feb 3, 2015
All I can say about this game (post 1 of 2):

8ux8cn.gif

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Sorry dude, no way. It's been lousy for two weeks now. And as importantly, BE was making the point, but with more diplomatic language because he was on tv, that his teammates essentially hung LD out to dry. Goalies care about their numbers and the Lightning are going to need LD at his best and f*cking him over like that doesn't help. I'm sure he's happy about the win and how he played, but pissed about the lack of effort on the PK, regardless of lead. Hell, the skaters don't even get a minus, but the goalie's GAA and SP both suffer.
You can rip on it for the last two weeks, just don't submit that last one as evidence.

Hinterland

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 29, 2016

A team with only a little bit respect for the goalie always tries hard to defend no matter what. Both Vasi and Domingue saved some lazy asses on multiple occasions so the team better not let them down just because they're up 7-2.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
A team with only a little bit respect for the goalie always tries hard to defend no matter what. Both Vasi and Domingue saved some lazy asses on multiple occasions so the team better not let them down just because they're up 7-2.

It's still not close to the same.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
You can rip on it for the last two weeks, just don't submit that last one as evidence.
Why the hell not? They just blew a 4 goal lead in Philly. There overall PK numbers are dropping like a stone. I don't GAS what the score is, that PK we were just looking at looks just like too many of the others over the past few weeks. Disorganized and lazy.

Steazy Doo

Jan 31, 2013
Why the hell not? They just blew a 4 goal lead in Philly. There overall PK numbers are dropping like a stone. I don't GAS what the score is, that PK we were just looking at looks just like too many of the others over the past few weeks. Disorganized and lazy.
I just told you why not. It's stupid.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->