BRUINS GDT 10/20 - Game 8 - Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks - 10pm ET - NESN, SN1, CITY, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
Lol I love that guy and how bitter he is.

If I was a Canucks fan I'd be furious they hired one of our front office guys as GM. Not to mention its the specific member of our front office that our entire fanbase remembers for mouthing off about trading Seguin and being back there next year talking about the same thing and if he gave us 10 percent etc etc etc.

I love Vancouver its probably the only city in North America I like as much as Boston I wish they were good so the rivalry could heat back up and we circle these games on the calendar again it was a lot of fun playing them.

I still love beating Vancouver and watching other teams beat them. They just completely nosedived since losing in 2011. It completely broke their fans.

Favorite other NHL teams to watch are the Habs and the Canucks just so I can root against them.

Reactions: BMC

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA
The first period in Boston? I'm not sure. Very much hoping this has nothing to do with the heart... hopefully mild concussion and be good to go soon. I don't like the whole "doesn't feel right"... although it makes me feel better in a sense because hes been struggling

Shit, I totally didn’t think of the heart thing.

Really hope he’s okay for his own health first.

Reactions: wintersej

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
Anyone that doesn’t resemble a dead body on skates...as some other brilliant poster put it.

I mean, do I really have to name players here? Are you honestly implying that there aren’t other players we can give a shot in DB’s spot for a game or two?

Bruins best shot is to hope Backes plays out of it. Not just for this season, but if there is any hope of moving him next July 1st. This ain’t JayBo who is done after this season anyway. It’s just way too early to give up on him being a useful bottom sixer. It’s just too early to panic like that.

Reactions: PatriceBergeronFan

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Bruins best shot is to hope Backes plays out of it. Not just for this season, but if there is any hope of moving him next July 1st. This ain’t JayBo who is done after this season anyway. It’s just way too early to give up on him being a useful bottom sixer. It’s just too early to panic like that.

He's fine as a bottom 6 anyways. Just not ideal or worth his salary.

CharasLazyWrister

Sep 8, 2008
Northborough, MA

What is our best hope, honestly?

That we move him with 90% retained?

I get he’s not going to taught “a lesson” and this is just a guy’s body breaking down, but f***...it’s painful to watch him. Even if his puck skills have declined, at least he was still a solid body tough to move off the puck for most of last year. This year, I can’t find a single positive.

Drifting into Jimmy Hayes territory, though he still has another 70 or so games of uselessness to accomplish that.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
BTW, it was last years injuries that put some of our younger guys in the spotlight and gave them chances to play. Not only did we find out we have some gems by the time we got healthy in December the team was gelling well.

Could be deja-vu all over again if we start calling up guys like UV and they push through and play well.

AngryMilkcrates

End of an Era
Jun 4, 2016
The first period in Boston? I'm not sure. Very much hoping this has nothing to do with the heart... hopefully mild concussion and be good to go soon. I don't like the whole "doesn't feel right"... although it makes me feel better in a sense because hes been struggling

I forgot about his heart issue last year.

YIKES

Reactions: BMC

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What is our best hope, honestly?

That we move him with 90% retained?

I get he’s not going to taught “a lesson” and this is just a guy’s body breaking down, but ****...it’s painful to watch him. Even if his puck skills have declined, at least he was still a solid body tough to move off the puck for most of last year. This year, I can’t find a single positive.

Drifting into Jimmy Hayes territory, though he still has another 70 or so games of uselessness to accomplish that.

Best hope is that he plays well enough this year that you can trade him to a non-cap team on 7/1 next year when he moves to a NTC and (after the Bruins pay his bonus) he will only cost 2x2.5 in real money. For this season? That he can be a 30-40 point 3rd liner like he played like last year.

Edit: has he sucked so far? Yes. But it’s just way too early to pull the plug on he or Rask and it’s too early to say Pasta is going to score 80 goals.

Reactions: AngryMilkcrates

TwineTickler

TheUltimateBruin
May 13, 2006
Fairfield County, CT
BTW, it was last years injuries that put some of our younger guys in the spotlight and gave them chances to play. Not only did we find out we have some gems by the time we got healthy in December the team was gelling well.

Could be deja-vu all over again if we start calling up guys like UV and they push through and play well.

There is very little good about this situation, except that we get to see UV in NHL games in the regular season. He looked legit in the 2 preseason games I saw him play and looked awesome on the first unit PP. I'm hoping they bump Grz to PP 2 and let Urho take a spin with the big boys. I hope he takes this opportunity and runs with it.

Reactions: wintersej

Hali33

Oct 18, 2013
Halifax, Nova Scotia
11pm start for me. There’s no way I’m making it through this one.

Not good about McAvoy. Hope nothing serious going on.

Still hate the Nucks. Their failures warm my heart to this day.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
View attachment 148379

Made it :)

I really doubted I would make the Vancouver stop as I assumed there would be a Game 6 at Fenway.............but. :vhappy:

So 3 of us decided to drive the 750 miles from Edmonton to Vancouver which is through the Canadian Rockies. It was spectacular and then spent the night in Kamloops and took in a WHL game where Mark Recchi was being honored.

Recchi-HHOF-1024x388.jpg

I teach younger people on the crew how to make road trips fun because otherwise you would get worn out.

Vancouver BTW makes Boston seem inexpensive.

Was The Doctor in? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad