BRUINS GDT 10/20 - Game 8 - Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks - 10pm ET - NESN, SN1, CITY, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
upload_2018-10-20_13-56-38.png

Made it :)

I really doubted I would make the Vancouver stop as I assumed there would be a Game 6 at Fenway.............but. :vhappy:

So 3 of us decided to drive the 750 miles from Edmonton to Vancouver which is through the Canadian Rockies. It was spectacular and then spent the night in Kamloops and took in a WHL game where Mark Recchi was being honored.

Recchi-HHOF-1024x388.jpg

I teach younger people on the crew how to make road trips fun because otherwise you would get worn out.

Vancouver BTW makes Boston seem inexpensive.

Last edited:

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
It’s fun to look back but I hate that every time we play Vancouver, 2011 gets brought up.

The Vancouver media seems to harp on it the most.

Let it go...

Vancouver has two Finals defeats before 2011, but I’ve never witnessed a more bitter series than 2011. Keep in mind I’m only 44 and wasn’t watching in the ‘70s...

The Vancouver fans MUST have been thinking they could somehow grind out a win after being up 2-0 and 3-2. They believed that they had the more skilled team, and the thugs from Boston took what should have been theirs. There are more than a few that believe the series was a bag job for the Bruins because Old Man Jacobs is essentially the Czar of the NHL and Colin Campbell was in charge of discipline at the time (never mind that he recused himself from “l’affaire Horton”).

So, in their minds, they feel like the Bruins shouldn’t have beaten the more skilled Canucks.

Boston has Bucky; Boone; too many men; Buckner; and the helmet catch, but we’ve had numerous championships to take the sting out of that. I doubt there are many left who remember the Victoria (BC) Cougars Stanley Cup triumph of 1925, and I’m sure nobody remembers the Vancouver Millionaires winning the Cup way back in 1915. So, Vancouver is starved for a winner and the natives are restless.

As the Boston media loved to do prior to the 2000s, the Vancouver media is likely playing up the rage/misery/loser angle to sell papers and get clicks. (Remember “Loserville”?) And Vancouverites (?) are devouring it.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
TONIGHT'S OFFICIALS

TP20.jpg
GS24.jpg

REFEREES -Tim Peel #20 - Graham Skilliter #24

LINESMEN - Ryan Gibbons #58 - Lonnie Cameron #74

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Put Grzelcyk-Moore together as your 2nd, Vaak-Kampfer can play like 12 minutes tops as the 3rd.

Also this team basically has two 4th lines right now, not ideal.

Reactions: RussellmaniaKW
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad