BRUINS GDT 10/20 - Game 8 - Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks - 10pm ET - NESN, SN1, CITY, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

neelynugs

Feb 27, 2002
Favorite Bruins/Canucks highlight videos?

i really admired daniel sedin's career - he's a great guy, underrated sense of humor, and a heck
of a hockey player. with all that said, my favorite thing from the cup final was marchand
rabbit punching him like 7 times in a row with no response in a blowout game. after that,
i was personally convinced the b's were winning game 7 (although superstitions did not
allow me from saying that out loud or typing it anywhere).

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
giphy.gif

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
Avoid the Roxy boys. Roxy effect had you last time...avoid the Roxy.

Going to the game tomorrow night. Anyone know what time the morning skate is for the Bs?
I dislike the Nucks. I am not sure why as it is not the same team from 2011 .

For you and anyone else going to the game cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Reactions: rfournier103

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
With no skate today, I have no idea what the line up is or who’s in net tomorrow so here is another ugly GDT.

Normal GDT’s shall commence on Tuesday when they return to a normal game time ;)

Will be nice to see Tim Schaller play against his old team

OK now I have to stay up so I can call a Schaller goal one more time ;)

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
i really admired daniel sedin's career - he's a great guy, underrated sense of humor, and a heck
of a hockey player. with all that said, my favorite thing from the cup final was marchand
rabbit punching him like 7 times in a row with no response in a blowout game. after that,
i was personally convinced the b's were winning game 7 (although superstitions did not
allow me from saying that out loud or typing it anywhere).
...and when asked after the game why he punched Sedin Brad said "felt like it" with a smirk on his face...LOVED IT

Zillah

Bleed Black and Gold
Apr 4, 2011
West Kelowna B.C.
The Vancouver Province newspaper had a two page feature on Friday about the dislike for the Bruins and was it still there? Leading up to yesterday‘s issue there was a halfpage ad every day with giant lettering “do we still hate the Bruins? “It was an interesting read but nothing really new. Not too many players left from 2011 on either team. Only Edler and Tanev from the Canucks. I have always hated the Canucks even living here in Vancouver but it really ramped up in 2011 after the crap I had to put up with. After the windshield on my car was broken with my Bruins sticker on it, I went to Seattle and Portland for games six and seven. So much more refreshing there. Sitting in a bar in Portland when the Bruins scored their first goal in game seven the place went crazy . Something I have never seen before living here. To this day every time I wear my Marshand T-shirt I can still expect at least a half dozen comments during the day. Pretty easy to tick them off though with a few choice comments. In my opinion not much has changed . The best part of the game for me here is always the pregame warm-up where I get to see the players up close. Seeing all of the Bruins fans always makes my wife and I comment where the hell are these people every day? We are usually wearing a Bruins gear when we go out to a bar on most days and rarely see people wearing the same. when we do we usually chat . Security is pretty tight at Arena’s etc. these days. Used to easily be able to get into the practises etc. Oh well, it is what it is… And we have a Stanley Cup

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Avoid the Roxy boys. Roxy effect had you last time...avoid the Roxy.

Going to the game tomorrow night. Anyone know what time the morning skate is for the Bs?

As LadyFan would say, cheer loud!

The Boston Bruins Week Ahead: October 19 - 26

Morning skate is 11:30 AM local time, 2:30 PM for us. Given that it's at Rogers Arena, I doubt it's public - the ones at the true practice arena in Boston (Warrior) are generally public, while the rare times they practice at the Garden, it's usually closed. Probably an accurate time, given that they publish the "Week ahead" schedule on Friday - I'd say practices on Wednesday/Thursday are probably more vulnerable to schedule changes.

This is the first game without the Sedins for the Bruins, no? It just feels strange....

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Need to tinker with the forward groupings and get Moore off of the 2nd pairing

Moore isn’t on the 2nd pairing, gryz is on the 2nd pairing. Look at the even strength time on ice. Gryz is 3rd among defenders on the team by nearly a minute and a half. Been that way all year.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
“A leatherlung fan, and they have a few in Boston, yelled, ‘we didn’t lose to the British, and we’re not gonna lose to British Columbia.’ Hansen gave it across with 15 to go. Despite that adversity, they followed their coach to the high road, and the high road is the road to the Cup. No icing. For the first time in 39 years, the Boston Bruins have won the Stanley Cup! And they pour on to celebrate with Tim Thomas, their heroic goaltender!” - Doc Emrick NBC

“Get the duck boats ready!” Dave Goucher WBZ-FM

ROGERS ARENA - WHERE DREAMS CAME TRUE

upload_2018-10-20_13-24-19.png

upload_2018-10-20_13-25-6.png

The Canucks and Bruins play their first of two games this season starting tonight. The Canucks visit the TD Garden on Nov. 8.
VERSUS BRUINS NOTES:

• In 2017.18, seven Canucks skaters registered two points in the season series versus the Bruins. Bo Horvat and Loui Eriksson both recorded two goals.
  • Michael Del Zotto has 11 points (3-8-11) in 24 career games versus the Bruins.
  • Loui Eriksson played three seasons for the Bruins between 2013 and 2016, recording 147 points (62-85-147) in 224 games. In six career games against his former team, he has recorded five points (3-2-5).
  • Adam Gaudette was born and rasied in the Boston suburb of Braintree, MA. He played collegiate hockey at nearby Northeastern where he became the first player in school history to win the Hobey Baker Award.
  • Markus Granlund has three goals in four career games versus Boston.
  • Bo Horvat has six points (3-3-6) in eight career games versus Boston.
  • Jacob Markstrom is 1-3-0 along with a 2.71 GAA and .906 save percentage in five career games versus Boston.
  • Anders Nilsson is 2-1-0 along with a 3.43 GAA and .916 save percentage in four career games versus Boston.
  • Tim Schaller played two seasons with the Bruins from 2016 to 2018, registering 36 points (19-17-36) in 141 games played. He appeared in all 82 games for the Bruins in 2017.18, collecting a career-high in goals (12), assists (10) and points (22).
  • Brandon Sutter leads all active Canucks in scoring against the Bruins with 12 points (5-7-12) in 28 career games.
  • Chris Tanev has four points (1-3-4) in seven career games versus Boston.
LAST MEETING - FEB. 17/18: VAN 6 vs BOS 1

Loui Eriksson opened the scoring at 2:00 of the first; he added a shorthanded goal at 11:53 of the third...Daniel Sedin and Bo Horvat scored 56 seconds apart to make it 3-0...Nic Dowd scored his second of the season to make it 5-0 at 2:44 of the second...Derrick Pouliot recorded 2 assists...Virtanen, Daniel Sedin, Edler, Vanek, Henrik Sedin and Troy Stecher also netted an assist...Anders Nilsson made 44 saves and also added an assist.

Ladyfan

Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
As LadyFan would say, cheer loud!

The Boston Bruins Week Ahead: October 19 - 26

Morning skate is 11:30 AM local time, 2:30 PM for us. Given that it's at Rogers Arena, I doubt it's public - the ones at the true practice arena in Boston (Warrior) are generally public, while the rare times they practice at the Garden, it's usually closed. Probably an accurate time, given that they publish the "Week ahead" schedule on Friday - I'd say practices on Wednesday/Thursday are probably more vulnerable to schedule changes.

This is the first game without the Sedins for the Bruins, no? It just feels strange....
Poor Brad. He seems to like playing against the twins...I think he knew how much he could get under their skin.

Reactions: talkinaway

Alicat

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2005
Boston
It’s fun to look back but I hate that every time we play Vancouver, 2011 gets brought up.

The Vancouver media seems to harp on it the most.

Let it go...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad