BRUINS GDT 10/20 - Game 8 - Boston Bruins @ Vancouver Canucks - 10pm ET - NESN, SN1, CITY, 98.5 FM

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyMomx2

Extra Medium Water, Hold The Pickles
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2008
The Most Beautiful Place In The World
I hate when we play MN and VAN and SJ - all of those games are blocked for me because supposedly ‘local’ but none of those teams are carried on any station within the state of OR. So yah, it’s a bummer.

Coach Parker

Stanley Cup Champion
Jun 22, 2008
Vancouver, B.C.
Avoid the Roxy boys. Roxy effect had you last time...avoid the Roxy.

Going to the game tomorrow night. Anyone know what time the morning skate is for the Bs?

Budddy

Dec 9, 2008
Okanagan
Saw them in Edmonton last night; fun game to watch...have to miss this one though due to golf tourney; go Bruins so I can bug my buddies who are Canuck fans...:laugh:

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
i won't be there this year, so they'll probably play their best game of the season

7-1 good guys. Bergeron (x2), Marchand (x2 1sh), Kuraly, Backes, McAvoy

Miller/Virtanen), Chara/Gudbrandson and DeBrusk/Roussel get in fights.

TD Charlie

Sep 10, 2007
I’m coming down with the man cold and my wing is still very much busted. Not to mention I’m carrying the hospital pager this weekend and I’m with my children. No chance I’m watching even five minutes of this live, but I’ll probably record it and try to watch tomorrow night after i bring my kids back to mom.

Bruins need a convincing win, and it would be so very satisfying to get it against Vancouver. I feel good about this one.

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I took a peek at the Canucks board, and they’re salty for this one as usual. Just my observation here, but I don’t think they’re over 2011. They have a rare contempt for the Bruins.

I didn’t think ANYONE could be as pissed about a loss as I still am about Super Bowl XLII, but I think they are. I despise the Canadiens, Yankees, Lakers, and Giants as much as Canucks fans hate the Bruins, but those hatreds were built over time and multiple playoff losses - the Bruins beat them once. There’s just something about the Boston Bruins that really rubs some people the wrong way...

:cool:

Reactions: weaponomega and BMC

gumgum

Oct 15, 2017
Need to tinker with the forward groupings and get Moore off of the 2nd pairing

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
The Canuck fans' hatred of the Bruins is obsessive weird. We barely play them- one Stanley Cup series 8 seasons ago and they are still melting down. Like @rfournier103 said above, there are some teams to legitimately "hate" as a fan of another team: for me it is the Leafs, Habs, Flyers, Rangers, Pens in varying order as the seasons play out, but those are built over a lifetime of rivalry and competition.

It does make it all the more satisfying when we win, though, like we should do tonight :)

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island
The Canuck fans' hatred of the Bruins is obsessive weird. We barely play them- one Stanley Cup series 8 seasons ago and they are still melting down. Like @rfournier103 said above, there are some teams to legitimately "hate" as a fan of another team: for me it is the Leafs, Habs, Flyers, Rangers, Pens in varying order as the seasons play out, but those are built over a lifetime of rivalry and competition.

It does make it all the more satisfying when we win, though, like we should do tonight :)

They truly believed they were entitled to that Cup and that they had it stolen from them. One of the worst fanbases in sports. Like there's plenty of completely shitty fanbases but most of them have done something to celebrate.

The Bruins have a statue of Bobby Orr scoring the Cup winning goal. The Canucks have a statue of their coach waving a white flag because he felt like the refs were being unfair.

Rubber Biscuit

Sep 9, 2010
Long Island

sums up that series and it's Ference who was so awesome for the B's

I was thinking about Ference the other day. We've had a lot of discussion around here about toughness lately and for a few people it seems to be so much about size and just getting bigger. But Ference was tough as shit and was 5'11, 182 lbs. I absolutely love that dude

rfournier103

Black & Gold ‘till I’m Dead & Cold.
Sponsor
Dec 17, 2011
Massachusetts
I was thinking about Ference the other day. We've had a lot of discussion around here about toughness lately and for a few people it seems to be so much about size and just getting bigger. But Ference was tough as **** and was 5'11, 182 lbs. I absolutely love that dude

My favorite Ference highlight was him flipping off the Canadiens fans in Montreal.

Lobster57

Nov 22, 2006
Victoria, BC
I was thinking about Ference the other day. We've had a lot of discussion around here about toughness lately and for a few people it seems to be so much about size and just getting bigger. But Ference was tough as **** and was 5'11, 182 lbs. I absolutely love that dude
He was a warrior. I've said before that the team hasn't had that snarl to it since he left

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad