GDT: 10/20/2016 - Leafs @ Wild - 7 PM CT / 3 AM Suomi - FS-N

Status
Not open for further replies.

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
I am ok with Folin getting these penalities (as long as they don't cost us games) because most are a result of him trying to be more physical. That is a great sign. He is tossing opponents around and learning to pick his spots better. In time those penalties will be reduced.

New coaching staff seems to have made something click in his head. Or maybe just given him room to play his game. I think Yeo & Co. almost had him afraid to leave the near post.

Last edited:

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
If that is "something clicking" for him, he can go back to chilling in the pressbox. Our only 3 penalties of the game and one that could've been a 5 minute major.

Nharris31

Aug 9, 2013
If the Wild don't spend more time on the offensive zone. It's going to come back and bite them for when they do if they ever do start outshooting teams and not get rewarded for it.

W75

Wegistewed Usew
Oct 22, 2011
Winland
Wasn't the best game, but they're gathering points. I'll take it any day. New coach and stuff, let's give them 10-15 games before judging.

Liked today: Staal, Haula, Pominville, Dumba and Brodin, Dalpe (of course), Folin (Yes, without the dumb penalties though. At least he's trying to evolve.)

Suter is awesome at the blue line in tight situations, like when his skates are already outside but still keeping calmly the puck inside. Only.. watching his wrister physically hurts your soul and body. It makes a grown up human cry. And he did "shoot" a lot. On the one hand he's a great possession player, on the other hand his wrister is a possession black hole. Just don't shoot, please.

A bit worried about Parise, Staal and Coyle look ok though. Stewart should be moved away from Koivu's line me thinks. Nino perhaps, even try Pulkkinen for a few shifts. We need more possession from that line.

Winning is fun, so far so good.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad