GDT: 10/20/18

Status
Not open for further replies.

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
No referee is ever going to call that a slewfoot. Martin engaged with Burns and got wrestled down. That's how they're going to see that.

Burns kicked Martin in the back of the knee, that is a dangerous play. As I said fall the wrong way you are out for half the season if not the entire season if somebody does that to you. That kick to the back should have been called a separate penalty of it's own

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Burns kicked Martin in the back of the knee, that is a dangerous play. As I said fall the wrong way you are out for half the season if not the entire season if somebody does that to you. That kick to the back should have been called a separate penalty of it's own

Yeah, no. Anyone who believes that doesn't actually look at the whole sequence of events. It's just two guys wrestling. That's it. That stuff happens all the time.

Reactions: Phu

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
Yeah, no. Anyone who believes that doesn't actually look at the whole sequence of events. It's just two guys wrestling. That's it. That stuff happens all the time.

Both guy grabbed eachother starting to tussle then Burns kicked Martin in the back of the knee. Both got 2 minutes and a 10 minute misconduct(that explains tussling with eachother). Burns should have gotten an extra penalty for the kick to the back of the knee

boredmale

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 13, 2005
The isles were running around and Kane tried step up, it's really not a big deal

It's the Sharks fans who are crying about it, I don't see what Kane did as bad myself, but he was the one who basically started the pushing and shoving, so if you going to whine about poor sportsmanship(which I personally don't believe it is) start with him

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Both guy grabbed eachother starting to tussle then Burns kicked Martin in the back of the knee. Both got 2 minutes and a 10 minute misconduct(that explains tussling with eachother). Burns should have gotten an extra penalty for the kick to the back of the knee

Yeah, you didn't see the whole sequence then because Martin is the one that grabbed Burns and started the tussling. That's not a kick by any stretch of the imagination. It's an off-balance player with his skate off the ice trying to correct himself and nothing more. That is ludicrous to believe that's a kick especially from someone like Burns. If he wants to slew-foot Martin, he's not going to try it like that when he is off-balance.

Reactions: Phu

Alwalys

Phu m.
May 19, 2010
Yeah it's pretty clear burns isn't planted when his leg goes around so it's just a tangle.
Funny how the Isles have absolutely nothing tonight so they gotta go with the slewfoot angle.
It was just a thorough dismantling.

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Zucker, no?
i love Zucker, but i'm holding off expecting 30 goals out of him until there's a longer history. I believe he can do it, but I'm not expecting it--i expect it out of Parise and Staal when healthy.

HanSolo

DJ Crazy Times
Apr 7, 2008
Las Vegas
Seems like Vegas cleaned up defensively.
I think they started the season rattled by their injuries and the first loss. There was a point where the team was visibly frustrated and I can point to a specific instance. Marchessault made a great pass to Smith for a goal, and neither of the two men looked happy about it. It was like the goal was overdue and they should have had a lot more. Things have been better since the shutout win over Philly which marked the end of the long road trip. They desperately needed the rest and the home crowd recharging their batteries.

Edit: damn, and you're not wrong. They've quietly shot up to number one in the league in shot suppression.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->