GDT: 10/20/18 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Minnesota

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
You can say "who cares" and "what an idiot" about Kypreos but he played for 11 years, he's on the #1 rated hockey talk show in the world 3x a week and on the #1 hockey tv network virtually every day. You got that on your resume?

Like I said, I don't agree with him about Kuch but to dismiss Kypreos as a know-nothing idiot doesn't really add up.
You're right. I don't have that on my resume. Kypreos has bright minds like like Doug MacLean on that same show with him. Milbury and Roenick are on NBC. Being a smart guy isn't a requirement to be on those shows. Hot takes like "Kucherov doesn't care after getting paid" after a couple of bad games doesn't help his case when everything he has done during his career to this point is complete opposite of that. He even ripped his own team mates for that and that's a big no no for anyone to do. Kucherov is one of the last guys on the team whose motivation I would question.

Bolt 45

Oct 19, 2015
Last year Kuch started out hot, but every other year he starts out like this. It's rust. His timing's a little off. He'll be fine. Same with Hedman.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
You're right. I don't have that on my resume. Kypreos has bright minds like like Doug MacLean on that same show with him. Milbury and Roenick are on NBC. Being a smart guy isn't a requirement to be on those shows. Hot takes like "Kucherov doesn't care after getting paid" after a couple of bad games doesn't help his case when everything he has done during his career to this point is complete opposite of that. He even ripped his own team mates for that and that's a big no no for anyone to do. Kucherov is one of the last guys on the team whose motivation I would question.
Whatever their faults, and I agree they are many, every name you mentioned knows more about hockey than you or I ever will so let's put that to rest. I don't like Kypreos either, I think he's a blowhard. But the one thing he does that I like is that he doesn't repeat the NHL line that all the players are in it just for the "love of the game". He calls like it is in that respect. He makes it clear that the players are in it for the money as much, or more, than for any other reason. That is his belief and he is consistent in that. Now, is he right about Kuch? I don't think so. I certainly hope not. And one more thing, I didn't make the original comment, someone else did. All I did was respond with something that I had heard directly and publicly from someone who is a lot closer to it than we are. Time will tell if he is right or we are.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009

Which makes his play right now even more hypocritical. One thing to have "bad games" another to look the worst you ever had in your career.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Whatever their faults, and I agree they are many, every name you mentioned knows more about hockey than you or I ever will so let's put that to rest. I don't like Kypreos either, I think he's a blowhard. But the one thing he does that I like is that he doesn't repeat the NHL line that all the players are in it just for the "love of the game". He calls like it is in that respect. He makes it clear that the players are in it for the money as much, or more, than for any other reason. That is his belief and he is consistent in that. Now, is he right about Kuch? I don't think so. I certainly hope not. And one more thing, I didn't make the original comment, someone else did. All I did was respond with something that I had heard directly and publicly from someone who is a lot closer to it than we are. Time will tell if he is right or we are.

Sort of. He knows more about the game than us. Does he know more about the happenings in Tampa Bay? On that, I'm gonna say No pretty easily. I'm from Canada, so I get a near daily dose of Kypreos, and, while I think he's somewhat underrated as an insider, it's pretty obvious that he doesn't watch TB games, nor has he watched TB games in years, aside from the odd playoff series, and he was among those talking about how we might be looking to move on from Kucherov because of his poor ECF performance, something like three days before we signed Kuch long-term. He's also the guy who started the, "Is Stamkos injured?" thing from the 2015 SCF, because clearly he hadn't watched Stamkos since 2013 and didn't realize that this was just how Stamkos plays now.

So I mean, yeah, these guys know hockey. But they also can't watch every team in the league, and it's pretty obvious that they don't, but that doesn't keep them, Kyper especially, from giving opinions based on nothing.

That said, I don't think he gets enough credit for times when he's right, which happens more than people want to believe. But he doesn't get that credit because he makes statements like this, again, based on nothing.

Reactions: ronsatter

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Which makes his play right now even more hypocritical. One thing to have "bad games" another to look the worst you ever had in your career.

I don't know. He looked really, really bad to start 2016. It was on par with this, I think. We gave him a pass because he missed training camp that year. But in general, aside from last year, it's not uncommon for Kuch to take a dozen games to heat up.

I think it was the Vancouver game where he was unquestionably our worst player. I don't think he's been as bad as that since, but he's also yet to be one of our better players. But I don't think his last couple of games were as horrific as the first couple.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->