GDT: 10/20/18 - 8:00PM EDT - Tampa Bay @ Minnesota

TheSchmidt

Dec 28, 2013
Vasy was terrible, but being absolutely manhandled in the final two periods against a mediocre team playing on a back to back and on game 4 of 6 is unacceptable.

Reactions: Lightning1995

Lightning1995

May 16, 2016
Lots of bad stuff after the 1st. I dunno, outshot in all but 2 games this year.

Badly outplayed. I guess take the point and head to Chicago. Let’s hope this isn’t an indication of the type of effor this team will provide on this trip.

Footnote, while stammer looked good at times tonight he can’t win a one v one battle on the puck.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Stamkos was decent this game. Kucherov has shown no signs of caring in any game this season.
Stammer had a good first period, and not just because he had an assist. Other than that, no way. As for Kuch - spot on.

RussianGuyovich

Hella Ennui
Jan 2, 2007
Not to disregard the HF hive mind, but didn’t kootch hit two posts. I’ll hang up now and listen to the hot takes

Master P

Mar 31, 2016
Florida
Not to disregard the HF hive mind, but didn’t kootch hit two posts. I’ll hang up now and listen to the hot takes
tenor.gif

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Stammer had a good first period, and not just because he had an assist. Other than that, no way. As for Kuch - spot on.

Agreed. Stamkos might have been our best player in the 1st, but he wasn't very good after that.

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB

Yeah. Definitely not Kucherov's best game, but you can see him starting to get his timing. His shot looks dangerous right now.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
Yeah. Definitely not Kucherov's best game, but you can see him starting to get his timing. His shot looks dangerous right now.
Maybe, but he fumbles every pass he receives, makes really poor decisions with the puck and he's just gliding around out there. The overtime was the perfect example of the player he has been for the first 6 games.

Last edited:
Reactions: Stamper

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Maybe, but he fumbles every pass he receives, makes really poor decisions with the puck and he's just gliding around out there. The overtime was the perfect example of the player he has been for the first 7 6 games.

He's always gliding. When he's putting up 3 and 4 points in a game, he's gliding. One of his biggest weapons is his change of speeds. I agree that he's making poor decisions, but I think he's working his way out of it. He looked closer to his usual self tonight. Things just aren't working for him right now, but that's the way he always looks when he's not scoring. He wasn't turning the puck over or killing big plays tonight so much as he was trying to create. But sometimes, with Kucherov, the difference between a good game and a bad game is a matter of about a half inch, twice, because if those post shots had gone in, that would have looked like a pretty typical Kucherov game.

SRQKiter

Sep 26, 2018
He's always gliding. When he's putting up 3 and 4 points in a game, he's gliding. One of his biggest weapons is his change of speeds. I agree that he's making poor decisions, but I think he's working his way out of it. He looked closer to his usual self tonight. Things just aren't working for him right now, but that's the way he always looks when he's not scoring. He wasn't turning the puck over or killing big plays tonight so much as he was trying to create. But sometimes, with Kucherov, the difference between a good game and a bad game is a matter of about a half inch, twice, because if those post shots had gone in, that would have looked like a pretty typical Kucherov game.
I have never seen him mishandle the puck as often as he has of late. Never close. Literally not receiving passes cleanly. And maybe he's working his way out of the bad decision making, but if he is, the evidence for it is scant.

Reactions: ronsatter

DMB06

Jun 3, 2015
I'll be surprised if we win a cup with Vas, he just has too many games where he gives up ludicrous goals.

Sky04

Jan 8, 2009
Minnesota is the definition of a hard-working team, watched the Wild feed today and they mentioned how skilled the Lightning are but they the Wild pride themselves on work ethic, said they didn't work hard enough in the first and that it was going to change. Good to see leaders who actually put their money where their mouths are.

LonLon Lei

Feb 27, 2018
Minnesota is the definition of a hard-working team, watched the Wild feed today and they mentioned how skilled the Lightning are but they the Wild pride themselves on work ethic, said they didn't work hard enough in the first and that it was going to change. Good to see leaders who actually put their money where their mouths are.
I'm expecting Hawks will be more or less the same, coz TOEWS.:scared:

FinnLightning26

Death and no taxes
Sep 16, 2007
Lapland
Nick Kypreos says he is that guy. And said it long before we re-signed him. I'm not saying that I agree with him at all, I don't, but it's out there.
Who cares what Kypreos says? He's an idiot.

Vasy was awful in this game. At least on the Wild broadcast they pointed out how many times the puck just squeezed through him. Even then, it was pretty embarrassing we couldn't finish a team off playing the second game of back to back with travel after having a two goal lead twice in the game.

ronsatter

Aug 30, 2018
Who cares what Kypreos says? He's an idiot.

Vasy was awful in this game. At least on the Wild broadcast they pointed out how many times the puck just squeezed through him. Even then, it was pretty embarrassing we couldn't finish a team off playing the second game of back to back with travel after having a two goal lead twice in the game.
You can say "who cares" and "what an idiot" about Kypreos but he played for 11 years, he's on the #1 rated hockey talk show in the world 3x a week and on the #1 hockey tv network virtually every day. You got that on your resume?

Like I said, I don't agree with him about Kuch but to dismiss Kypreos as a know-nothing idiot doesn't really add up.

The Macho King

Back* to Back** World Champion
Jun 22, 2011
You can say "who cares" and "what an idiot" about Kypreos but he played for 11 years, he's on the #1 rated hockey talk show in the world 3x a week and on the #1 hockey tv network virtually every day. You got that on your resume?

Like I said, I don't agree with him about Kuch but to dismiss Kypreos as a know-nothing idiot doesn't really add up.
Kypreos is a know-nothing idiot.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad