BRUINS GDT 10/18 - Game 7 - Boston Bruins @ Edmonton Oilers - 9 pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM, SN1, CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

BMC

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2003
The Quiet Corner
44267100_10216284004665478_7546160992502153216_n.jpg

That actually looks pretty good. Except for the olive.

Rubi

Photographer
Sponsor
Jan 9, 2009
Flames fan here wishing the Bruins the best of luck against the Oilers. I think you have an excellent chance of beating them. The Bruins are a very good team and last night's score of 5-2 against the Flames was not indicative of the play.

The keys to beating Edmonton are:

1. Put lots of pressure on their D. It sucks. Forecheck the hell out of them.
2. You only have to contain one player... McJesus. If McJesus doesn't get on the scoreboard nobody does.

Tonight's Oiler lineup is:

Forwards
RNH-McDavid-Rattie
Rieder-Draisaitl-Puljujärvi
Lucic-Strome-Yamamoto
Khaira-Brodziak-Kassian

Defense
Klefbom-Larsson
Nurse-Bouchard
Russell-Benning

Goalie
Talbot

Last edited:

GlenFeatherstone

Feb 15, 2016
The only viable reason Bjork should be sitting is if it has to do with not playing him on back to back nights early in the season coming off his injury. Other than that no excuse.

Reactions: BigBear83

Estlin

Sep 25, 2013
New York City
Tonight’s lines:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Heinen
Donato Backes Wagner
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

What a concept put your 6 best forwards and your 6 highest point getters from last year in the top 6

That's an awful bottom six.

Chief Nine

May 31, 2015
I have an accounting job that pays fairly well and have been traveling/ sitting in airports and on airplanes for the majority of the day. Pretty sure my life is right where I need it to be. Just have a lot of down time while traveling.

Flying comes with a lot of down time, but I’m getting paid to do so, so that all that counts.

Do you get compensated by the Backes mentions as well?

easton117

Nov 11, 2017
Because Cassidy is doing his best Claude julien impression of refusing to blame veterans like backes and instead sitting every player around backes.
Think the problem is who does he play at centre if Backes is out?

Kuraly and Wagner I guess?

That’s a black hole where offence goes to die.

At least Backes has scored before. Sometime. In life. Might not remember it now....

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
The only viable reason Bjork should be sitting is if it has to do with not playing him on back to back nights early in the season coming off his injury. Other than that no excuse.

Bjork and Donato where the 2 worst forwards on the ice

Least Donato had 2 shots and a chance in the first few minutes

Bjork had 4 giveaways which is generous it was closer to 10...lost every puck battle...look genuinely terrified to be hit and didn’t register a shot on goal and literally made our 1st PP unit look horrible

Reactions: b in vancouver

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
I'd sit Bjork too as I also believe he is the most fragile. Edmonton has toughness and if I recall Kassian was angry last game about something.

PatriceBergeronFan

Jul 15, 2011
USA
Backes slash and scrum and the Wagner hit

Both guys may have to answer tonight although Backes shouldn’t fight ever with his history

Yes now I remember.
Wagner hit was clean and an unfair fight if it is Kassian, Lucic, Nurse, Khaira.

I wonder who else Edmonton has.

weaponomega

Feb 9, 2004
Calgary, Alberta
I just want someone else to score other than our first line. They've done more than their share early this season, didn't have a great game against the Flames and we lost.

Reactions: BMC

talkinaway

Mar 19, 2014
On the couch
Faceoff will be delayed - Tonight is Oilers home opener.

I feel I need to clarify my "like" - the like is for your posting the information - NOT for the postponement of the already late game!

Actually, under normal circumstances, I'd care, but tonight...yeah, a rare pass on watching Bruins live. Go Sox, and hopefully I won't have to have a couch potato marathon starting Saturday afternoon if the Sox win 4-1 tonight.

Fenian24

Jun 14, 2010
Idk why Bjork hasn’t got a look on the 2nd line though I thought him and Heinen had good moments on the 3rd line.

Donato to me needs more confidence with and without the puck seems to be getting pushed off or away from getting or keeping puck possession.

Backes is so deep playing guys down low that wingers don’t really have the support for a breakout.
Because Bjork has been either pretty good or totally invisible. Granted I don't think there is an internal fix for the second line and with Krejci's game so far they may need a number two center not a number three.

Reactions: 22Brad Park
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad