BRUINS GDT 10/18 - Game 7 - Boston Bruins @ Edmonton Oilers - 9 pm ET - NESN, 98.5 FM, SN1, CHED

Status
Not open for further replies.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
Because Cassidy is doing his best Claude julien impression of refusing to blame veterans like backes and instead sitting every player around backes.

I was at that game last nite and Bjork was horrible.Keep blaming Backes for his soft play.Only time i saw him battle on boards Hannifan seperated him off the puck in 2 secs.

Reactions: b in vancouver

Dr Hook

It’s Called Ruins
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2005
Tyler, TX
I was at that game last nite and Bjork was horrible.Keep blaming Backes for his soft play.Only time i saw him battle on boards Hannifan seperated him off the puck in 2 secs.

From what I saw you could scratch either Bjork or Donato and still have one ineffective guy left in the lineup :laugh: Maybe they both need to spend some time in Rhode Island.

UncleRico

May 8, 2017

You’re going to have growing pains with young players. Backes is a veteran getting paid big money to perform and despite getting a lot of power play time as well as playing against the lowest quality of competition among any bruins player to play at least 1 minute this season, he has yet to register a point.

Cassidy keeps sitting all the people around backes, but it’s not working, let’s try sitting backes for a few games and at least see if things get better. It’s certainly not working with him in there.

Reactions: Estlin

Ladyfan

Miss Bergy, Savvy and Quaider. Welcome back Looch!
Sponsor
Jun 8, 2007
next to the bench
I say 3-2 B's

I may try and watch this with you guys.

For anyone going tonight cheer loud for our boys and have a blast.

HERE WE GO BRUINS...HERE WE GO :clap::clap:

Reactions: BMC

jgatie

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 22, 2011
Because Cassidy is doing his best Claude julien impression of refusing to blame veterans like backes and instead sitting every player around backes.

Dude, you need to count the number of posts you make with the name "Backes" in them. Then go reassess your life, or at least teach your pony another trick.

Reactions: Chief Nine

UncleRico

May 8, 2017
Dude, you need to count the number of posts you make with the name "Backes" in them. Then go reassess your life, or at least teach your pony another trick.

I have an accounting job that pays fairly well and have been traveling/ sitting in airports and on airplanes for the majority of the day. Pretty sure my life is right where I need it to be. Just have a lot of down time while traveling.

Flying comes with a lot of down time, but I’m getting paid to do so, so that all that counts.

22Brad Park

Nov 23, 2008
Calgary AB
You’re going to have growing pains with young players. Backes is a veteran getting paid big money to perform and despite getting a lot of power play time as well as playing against the lowest quality of competition among any bruins player to play at least 1 minute this season, he has yet to register a point.

Cassidy keeps sitting all the people around backes, but it’s not working, let’s try sitting backes for a few games and at least see if things get better. It’s certainly not working with him in there.

Growing pains?This is a team that has the best line in hockey and has aspirations of a deep run so not sure they have time to wait out growing pains.Bergeron is 33 bud..Its not Backes fault either that the Bruins give him big money.And he was not losing his battles in 2 seconds on the wall and giving pucks away in the middle of the ice or at Flames blueline.Them kids are not ready in my mind .Sweeney is in a tough spot here.Wait on kids and burn Bergerons last years or trade for a maybe run and kill bit of future.The team is in the middle to much for my liking with this refit.Anyways love the Bruins and will cheer them on regardless win or lose.

Reactions: BMC

13Hockey

Go Bruins
Jul 20, 2006
Boston
Tonight’s lines:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Heinen
Donato Backes Wagner
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

What a concept put your 6 best forwards and your 6 highest point getters from last year in the top 6

EON

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 31, 2013
Raleigh, NC
Boston needs to do something sooner rather than later about the middle 6. Whether it's a trade or splitting up the big 3. I love that top line but they are going to struggle to beat good teams with the lack of depth.

BruinsBtn

Dec 24, 2006
Tonight’s lines:

Marchand Bergeron Pastrnak
Debrusk Krejci Heinen
Donato Backes Wagner
Nordstrom Kuraly Acciari

What a concept put your 6 best forwards and your 6 highest point getters from last year in the top 6

Heinen deserves a longer look at that spot but I can't really fault Wagner, I thought he did ok. But if that second line can get going, then it solves a lot of problems.

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Hmmmm do I dare?

upload_2018-10-18_15-10-52.png

BergyWho37

Only The Strong Will Survive (Never Give Up)
Jun 18, 2012
True North
Idk why Bjork hasn’t got a look on the 2nd line though I thought him and Heinen had good moments on the 3rd line.

Donato to me needs more confidence with and without the puck seems to be getting pushed off or away from getting or keeping puck possession.

Backes is so deep playing guys down low that wingers don’t really have the support for a breakout.

Reactions: FanSince72

Fenway

HF Bookie and Bruins Historian
Sponsor
Sep 26, 2007
Cambridge, MA
Anatomy of a hit: Execution allowed Chris Wagner to deliver...

It is possible Wagner might not have to wait long for another fight. Hockey players have long memories. Somebody, maybe even Milan Lucic, could knock on Wagner’s door when the teams have their rematch in Edmonton on Thursday.

“I imagine it will be a spirited game up there,” Cassidy said after the Oct. 11 win. “We see them a week from now, so I’m sure there will be guys that will want to be physical and settle whatever scores they left out there today. I don’t think it’s anything old-school, but when you play a team twice in the same week, you have memories of certain things.”

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad