Pre-Game Talk: 10/17... Wings at Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 14, 2009
Canada
Unfortunetely the 1st line needs to be split, we don't have enough scoring. We also need to call up some scoring from GR and get rid of some of the grinders.

Hirose-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Filppula-AA

I'd try that as the top 6 and see if Bert can help get AA going.

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
So if Ericsson's finally healthy, who goes down to GR when Nemeth and DeKeyser are back in the line up? Biega? Cholowski?

This sounds like the common theme from last year our blue line injuries. Daley, Ericsson, Dekeyser were all out for significant time.

Green was a big part of that group too.

DatsMagic

Feb 21, 2017
I feel like there will probably be plenty of time to talk like this, why start when we’re actually a .500 team and in a playoff position..
I agree. I mean did people really think the wings were going to win 60 games just because they started the season 3-1?

raymond23

:o
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2017
Grand Rapids, MI
Couple of things Blashill mentioned yesterday:

AA on the 1st unit pp has always been the plan.

There will be a more even split on pp time between units, wants to get Hronek more pp time.

If middle six continues to struggle, might have to split up the top line to help out. I’m guessing will see this happen soon unless some miracle happens lol.

Not sure on DK status.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Unfortunetely the 1st line needs to be split, we don't have enough scoring. We also need to call up some scoring from GR and get rid of some of the grinders.

Hirose-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Filppula-AA

I'd try that as the top 6 and see if Bert can help get AA going.
Rasmussen-Larkin-Mantha
Bertuzzi-Filppula-AA
Nielsen-Glendenning-Svechnikov
Ehn-DLR-Abdelkader

MBH

Players Play
Jul 20, 2019
SE Michigan
redwingsnow.com
Couple of things Blashill mentioned yesterday:

AA on the 1st unit pp has always been the plan.

There will be a more even split on pp time between units, wants to get Hronek more pp time.

If middle six continues to struggle, might have to split up the top line to help out. I’m guessing will see this happen soon unless some miracle happens lol.

Not sure on DK status.

Then WTF were they doing?

KasperTheGrittyGhost

Jan 12, 2008
Michigan

hrXaJVuEd5VNzf2x8

Lil Sebastian Cossa

Opinions are share are my own personal opinions.
Jul 6, 2012

They wanted to see if B-L-M's chemistry stayed good on the 1st PP unit against teams best PKers first so they could keep AA separate from them and potentially have two PP units that could do something?
They wanted to ease AA back from being injured during the pre-season so they weren't throwing everything all at once at him?

Those are just a couple things that they may have been thinking to not toss him up there, even if it was the eventual plan.

Kind of like how Marner's contract was always going to end up close to Auston Matthews's contract, but the sides spent the better part of four months haggling back and forth. Or more specifically with AA that his contract back a couple years ago was always going to fall at about the 2x1.9 deals that his contemporaries signed (because that's how RFA deals tend to work) but AA and Ferris wouldn't move off 2.5 for months and Holland didn't want to move up from 1.5-1.6.

Last edited:

jkutswings

hot piss hockey
Jul 10, 2014
A GDT is always good for a heaping portion of Overreaction Theater.

Detroit wins: Woohoo! 79-3 is still alive! <insert young player here> might be the next stud!

Detroit loses: This team is a dumpster fire! We'll never win the lottery and rebuilding will take forever!

The vast majority of the roster is a mix of kids and less than stellar veterans. Don't be surprised when you need a seatbelt to ride the roller coaster.

TheOtherOne

Jan 2, 2010
I feel like there will probably be plenty of time to talk like this, why start when we’re actually a .500 team and in a playoff position..
That's how this forum works.

Step 1: 10-game win streak
Step 2: 5-1 blowout loss
Step 3: "Fire everybody, this team is trash, tank for 1oa!!!!!"

Reactions: izlez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad