Pre-Game Talk: 10/17... Wings at Flames

Status
Not open for further replies.

golffuul

Oct 24, 2011
How did Ericsson all of the sudden get better in all three areas he was hurting? SMH

ShelbyZ

Apr 8, 2015
Man what a week...

A week ago: Reports that "Ericsson's not close"with speculation from fans that he's going to LTIR, "He's done"
A week later: Ericsson on the 2nd pairing

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
Glendening still on Line 2
Unbelievable.

Coach is in love with him.

He demoted Hirose. That was the biggest issue on that line. I will hold out until I see the current set up play, but my bet is Glendening is the next lowest man on the totem pole as the search for secondary scoring. Nielsen can handle many of the same roles as Glendening does, so I’d prefer to see someone with a little bit of offense to their game.

Be it Svechnikov or Rasmussen or Zadina, we have to have someone in the organization who can be ready enough to produce more than some of these guys.

DInTheB

Jul 27, 2006
Honestly whatever. Just get E back in the lineup for the Canucks game. If tensions spill over I’d prefer E be answering the bell than anyone else on the roster.

Martinez

Go Blue
Oct 10, 2015
I like frans with AA, frans can be the responsible one, all AA needs to worry about is putting pucks in nets

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Daley-Hronek
Ericsson-Green
Cholowski-Biega
Bowey

Wow. That's such a bad D-group. There's some offense for sure, but yikes in all other areas.
Well, that makes Hronek officially our #1 D, as if it wasn't obvious with the way Greenie has been playing. He should be sitting in the pressbox, every single AHL player called up last season played better than Green did in the last 3 games.

HIFE

May 10, 2011
Detroit, MI
I for one am fully pleased with the Wings. The skill level in the NHL is just higher every year, and Larkin and Co. are right there.

IMO the season truly began vs. Montreal and they played very well against the Leafs. Way better than expected. Last night turned into a blowout but the guys were in the game.

As said by others, the lack of depth will be a killer. I think they can keep their goals against limited but the 2-4th lines have little chance of finishing as a positive.

I really give Holland more credit now as multiple draft picks are performing above expectation, with more on the way. To watch Hronek and Cholo fit in so well, wow they are flying, right up to speed with the top players in the league. Sure they're not old enough to dominate but they are gems.

I can understand taking on Erne and Filppula. Why subject our best prospects to another throwaway season? It's going to be rough sledding either way, and there will be call-ups.

If they can continue to limit the 3 and 4th line IT, get AA popping, I have nothing to complain about. Calgary should be sick.

GreatGordie9

May 11, 2019
Victoria, BC
This sounds like the common theme from last year our blue line injuries. Daley, Ericsson, Dekeyser were all out for significant time. I thought Biega, Hronek, Cholowski yesterday played pretty well.

deca guard

Jun 22, 2019
www.reddit.com
couldnt care less about any line up adjustments , its a developmental season . no way im going to piss n moan for 82 games about line ups / bad plays / losses . ide rather enjoy the development of the young awesome talent kenny left us with and watch with interest and respect every move yzerman makes as hes probably thee best gm thats come around the nhl in ages !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad