GDT: 10/17/2019 Game 7: Detroit Red Wings @ Calgary Flames (9pm EST)

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
it’s been a long day, so forgive me for being blunt. Why on earth would SY make that move at the cost of future assets?
Because JV is likely 2-3 yrs away from today of being a 50pt+/2-way defensively responsible 2C.

I percieve JV's timeline as:
19-20: mostly GR, 9-40gp in Det as 3W
20-21: in DET ~40gp as 3W & ~40gp 3C
21-22: in DET ~40gp as 3C/2W, ~40gp as 2C

Agree w/timeline? Disagree w/timeline? ...If so, why?

Reactions: RedMenace

BIGZ40

Jul 2, 2006
Georgia
Im really glad we split the top line, you know the only one that has scored for us recently. Depth scoring is definitely a issue but splitting the only line working isn't really the best solution.

Reactions: saska sault

newfy

Jul 28, 2010
What I'm getting from this game is breaking up the top line was a bad move. At least there was offense when they were together, splitting them up definitely killed some chemistry.

Reactions: Winger98

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Im really glad we split the top line, you know the only one that has scored for us recently. Depth scoring is definitely a issue but splitting the only line working isn't really the best solution.

Agreed if your teams already trash, at least let us have one line to look forward to seeing. If we are gonna suck, just let those guys keep building chemistry since they are a large portion of the players who will be here when we actually don't suck.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
We look just as bad as last year... Which makes sense given that the roster is the same.
Yzerman fishing for a top 3 pick. Hope the lottery gods hell us out for once.

It would be nice for the lotto gods to smile on us for a change.

Worst part is that this is pretty much the forward group that we will have next year. No expiring contracts, only RFAs.

Eh, if some of the kids in GR are ready, I don't doubt the Wings won't just bury any of a whole bunch of guys signed for next year. tossing any of Eh, DLR, Gator, Helm, Erne, etc. onto waivers wouldn't be a big deal if it means Svech, Rasmussen, etc. are ready to make that jump.

Gniwder

Oct 12, 2009
Bellingham, WA
Blashill is using HFBoard logic. The first line is the only one scoring, so it must be broken up.

WHile we're at it, let's break up the only other line that had any chemistry, the 4th line. Brilliant.

How about we start benching guys who screw up, and play some of the kids like Svech. Not gonna hurt Hirose to play in the A for a while.

Kronwalled55

Detroit vs. Everybody
Jan 7, 2011
Atlanta, GA
Svechnikov needs to be called up yesterday. Probably won't change much, but we can afford to lose a grinder for the upside of ANY offense.

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
Because JV is likely 2-3 yrs away from today of being a 50pt+/2-way defensively responsible 2C.

I percieve JV's timeline as:
19-20: mostly GR, 9-40gp in Det as 3W
20-21: in DET ~40gp as 3W & ~40gp 3C
21-22: in DET ~40gp as 3C/2W, ~40gp as 2C

Agree w/timeline? Disagree w/timeline? ...If so, why?

And Detroit doesn't have the luxury to hope he pans out. Also his start in Grand Rapids he's looked lost. I hope he turns it around, but, you can't just count on him making it. They will need to make drafting a top 6 forward a priority, because the worst case they have more top 6 centers than they need, and can make deals

Shaman464

No u
May 1, 2009
Boston, MA
This team is full of players that are playing 1-2 line or even leagues higher than they should be. Not one player would be on the line they are on on a good team.

Reactions: taliababa

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
And Detroit doesn't have the luxury to hope he pans out. Also his start in Grand Rapids he's looked lost. I hope he turns it around, but, you can't just count on him making it. They will need to make drafting a top 6 forward a priority, because the worst case they have more top 6 centers than they need, and can make deals
So do you disagree or agree for trading for a 2C this season (sooner, rather than later)?

Do you agree or disagree with the Veleno timeline? If so, why/why not?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad