GDT: 10/17/2019 Game 7: Detroit Red Wings @ Calgary Flames (9pm EST)

saska sault

Jun 5, 2010
Sault Ste. Marie
Helm took a cheap shot to the head.. When he didn't have the puck.. Good for Darren. No one else on the team is going to stick up for him, with Witowski gone. That was a cheap shot, and chicken shit move to Helm from what I seen live (I have not seen a replay yet). Helms two hander was the lesser over the two... Bruise to the calf, Eblow to face.

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
Helm is an idiot.

14 minutes left and down by 3 is not the time to retaliate. Stupid.

Winger98

Feb 27, 2002
Cleveland
****ty move by Helm but Lindholm elbowed him seconds before. What comes around goes around bud

Yeah, two elbows. If the refs had made a call on either of them, Helm wouldn't have came back with that slash. It doesn't excuse Helm's action, but at some point you're not just going to eat elbows all night.

Lazlo Hollyfeld

The jersey ad still sucks
Mar 4, 2004
Looked like a dive from that angle tbh.
that's kinda what I thought. It could've hit a a spot not covered. But it wasn't as nasty as initially looked.

It would've been nice if the refs had caught either of the elbows but still not smart by Helm.

Ghost of Ethan Hunt

The Official Ghost of Space Ghosts Monkey
Jun 23, 2018
Top Secret Moon Base
I'm sure Yzerman is already losing sleep over this season. I doubt he'll get trigger-happy & trade for a real 2C this season (Granlund caliber 50pt+), but I kinda want him to at this point, even if we have to give up Rasmussen & ?

Doubt NSH would trade him as they're in win now mode, but I wonder what it'd take. Am I the only one sold on this guy?

Reactions: RedMenace

Hen Kolland

Feb 22, 2018
I'm sure Yzerman is already losing sleep over this season. I doubt he'll get trigger-happy & trade for a real 2C this season (Granlund caliber 50pt+), but I kinda want him to at this point, even if we have to give up Rasmussen & ?

Doubt NSH would trade him as they're in win now mode, but I wonder what it'd take. Am I the only one sold on this guy?

it’s been a long day, so forgive me for being blunt. Why on earth would SY make that move at the cost of future assets?

ElysiumAB

Sep 12, 2013
You haven't watched a lot of Wings hockey in the past 5 years have you? The game was over once they were down by 2, it was the PERFECT time to retaliate.

I've watched every game.

You think Helm playing on the first line and taking dumb penalities is a recipe for come back victories?

Dirty elbow, but that's also undisciplined.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->