GDT: 10/17/13 "Head Coach To Goalie Tom" - Bruins VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
And you know, I agree with this. There is a bigger problem though -- if this crap-fest continues for the next few seasons, we might as well kiss Huberdeau and Barkov good bye to FA -- like Weiss, like Bouw, Garrison -- etc. Results are all that matters, and if we don't start getting the soon, I don't have any hope that we can retain our young promising players -- and that's what sucks the most out of everything.

As I said before, this team seems to only get rid of great players, not trade for them.

oOwlCat

FL > TN
Jun 24, 2010
Nashville, TN
And you know, I agree with this. There is a bigger problem though -- if this crap-fest continues for the next few seasons, we might as well kiss Huberdeau and Barkov good bye to FA -- like Weiss, like Bouw -- etc. Results are all that matters, and if we don't start getting the soon, I don't have any hope that we can retain our young promising players -- and that's what sucks the most out of everything.

Very true. This season almost seems like a step back from last. Which I didn't even think was possible.

I'm sick of signing old, washed up players that no other team wanted.

Erick*

When Versteeg came here, he said he wanted to drink from the Cup with Tallon again.

Apparently he was talking about going to some nightclubs to have some drinks because there's no way in hell he'll get another Cup here playing the way he does. The guy is garbage.

Gizmo Tkachuk

Registered Loser
Sep 23, 2009
Florida
Legitimately, if we're going to talk about what this team needs, well:

2 first line players
another solid 2nd liner
a big 3rd liner to lay the body out
4 NHL defenseman
1 starting goalie

So, we essentially need a hockey team.

I suppose the plan was to gain all of that from the draft.

2 first line players - Hubey and Barkov
another solid 2nd liner - Bjugstad, Shore, Trocheck
a big 3rd liner to lay the body out - Uhh....
4 NHL defenseman - Matheson, Gudbranson, Petrovich, Kulikov, Robak
1 starting goalie - Markstrom

The problem is that we don't know how these guys will transition into these types of players and the "veterans" we have now aren't getting the job done to assist the transition.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
Not opposed to a coaching change... this team does not appear to have any strategy/system in games... I have to blame the coaches for how unorganized the team looks.

And why the hell are you going go trade for a no. 1 center and give up prospects for? We are going nowhere this season and you want to make it worse by trading away the future. I vote for a coaching change to really see if these results are due to players or system.

Erick*

Pretty soon, Tallon will want to leave and the owner's son will be the new GM!

dbhislife

Jun 27, 2007
Not to steal the thunder of the poster above me (Chino Oscar), but this is my logic as well. At some point one of two things has to happen. Either you believe its the players (Kulikov regressing, Versteeg floating, Guds not making significant progress, Markie not look like the #1 we thought he was ready to be, etc), and blow it up.... or you assume its Dineen and make a change at the helm to see if different personnel can energize our guys.

Personally, I am not ready to give up on the young guys yet (Versteeg not included... he's a bum), so I think Dineen has to go. We have to figure out if the young guys we have are the right direction to move in, and at some point the variable of coaching has to be tested. If they continue to **** the proverbial bed, then you have to start questioning if they just don't have it. But we are too far along in the rebuild, and have too much invested in this crop of young guys (time wise) to not test the coaching variable first.

Erick*

I wonder if Yormark made the Thomas signing himself. They're really hyping this one up a lot as if it matters.

GrumpyKelly

May 15, 2011
Bottom of a bottle
All I really pin on KD is the puck posession system that this team tries to play under pressure in their own D zone. It´s horrible to watch, they give away the puck to the bad guy instead of just clearing the zone. It doesn´t work, stop doing it.

ProjectPanthers

Podcast discussing the Florida Panthers
Mar 6, 2002
Towanna
linktr.ee
I suppose the plan was to gain all of that from the draft.

2 first line players - Hubey and Barkov
another solid 2nd liner - Bjugstad, Shore, Trocheck
a big 3rd liner to lay the body out - Uhh....
4 NHL defenseman - Matheson, Gudbranson, Petrovich, Kulikov, Robak
1 starting goalie - Markstrom

The problem is that we don't know how these guys will transition into these types of players and the "veterans" we have now aren't getting the job done to assist the transition.

The problem is in practice. If these guys practice against Gomez's and Gilbert's of the NHL, they won't get better.

People don't realize how important practice is to player development. Why do you think so many kids do well in Pittsburgh/Washington/Detroit? Because when they come up to the big leagues, they practice day in and day out against Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. While our guys learn to play against Ryan Whitney.

There is no attitude of winning in this locker room. The on ice product is pathetic and it's starting to reach that point where the off-ice product is just as bad. I don't understand how Tallon can sit there and watch this debacle of a "team".

catEye

The Barkov Era
Dec 27, 2008
Miami, FL.
Problem also is bad secondary drafting. Aside from the last couple blue chips we got in the first round that are able to quickly have an impact we havent really pump out much of any quality young depth from the farm. By the time we might develop someone 4 years pass n the hubys n barkov are ready to jump to a contender team.

Erick*

All I really pin on KD is the puck posession system that this team tries to play under pressure in their own D zone. It´s horrible to watch, they give away the puck to the bad guy instead of just clearing the zone. It doesn´t work, stop doing it.

To be fair, the d-men stink and the team can't win a faceoff. I'm not sure if there's a coach capable of fixing such a problem.

RainingRats

Dec 28, 2008

Puck possession requires skill and patience. Only Barkov, Hubs, and Campbell can play this way. We should be playing the trap, using our speed (an asset throughout the whole lineup), and boring teams into turning the puckover.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
The problem is in practice. If these guys practice against Gomez's and Gilbert's of the NHL, they won't get better.

People don't realize how important practice is to player development. Why do you think so many kids do well in Pittsburgh/Washington/Detroit? Because when they come up to the big leagues, they practice day in and day out against Malkin, Crosby, Ovechkin, Datsyuk, Zetterberg, etc. While our guys learn to play against Ryan Whitney.

There is no attitude of winning in this locker room. The on ice product is pathetic and it's starting to reach that point where the off-ice product is just as bad. I don't understand how Tallon can sit there and watch this debacle of a "team".

So how do you explain the success Colorado is having after being terrible last year? They have a pretty young team and no major superstars. A lot of it has to do with he coaching staff and the system you play.

Egblad

Patiently Waiting
May 20, 2006
Florida
Puck possession requires skill and patience. Only Barkov, Hubs, and Campbell can play this way. We should be playing the trap, using our speed (an asset throughout the whole lineup), and boring teams into turning the puckover.

Exactly. Dineen's inability to even change the gilbert-campbell pairing tells me enough. His inability to even mess with tactics is also frustrating. I've about seen enough to where my mind is made on Dineen -- but my opinion doesn't matter at all. Gota wonder if Tallon is even thinking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad