GDT: 10/17/13 "Head Coach To Goalie Tom" - Bruins VS Panthers

Status
Not open for further replies.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
How did he drop too soon? Guy was coming in fast and was close in so no much reaction time, he needs to cover the 5-hole. Bruin player put it up high (just below the cross-bar), good shot by him, bad play by Gudbranson letting him skate past him and then not trying to tie up his stick or give him a STRONG cross-check. If its a penalty, then be it, better than letting him have that kind of shot. How many times have you seen our forwards in the same situation and they get mangled before they can get a shot off?

was he down early? maybe. can you blame him? he was playing the percentages. on that goal, there were so many other issues you could (and should, imo) point at before blaming thomas. for one, the Bs out work us off the draw, then ALL 3 forwards are beaten up the ice. on top of that, guds is easily beaten wide by... paille? and never recovers to really challenge him.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
I don't get to see many games, but "hubie-doobie-doo" wouldn't be homerism, it'd be plain stupidity.

It's pretty obnoxious.

both? (or all three?)

i mean, on hubie's goal vs nashville, which was exciting if you're a FL fan (haven't seen someone do something like that in a while). anyway, just when you'd expect a really exciting call... goldie *sings* "hubie-doobie-doo". ugh. there's apparently nobody with any amount of taste on the production team at FSFL. someone's gotta reel this guy in.

Panthers607

both? (or all three?)

i mean, on hubie's goal vs nashville, which was exciting if you're a FL fan (haven't seen someone do something like that in a while). anyway, just when you'd expect a really exciting call... goldie *sings* "hubie-doobie-doo". ugh. there's apparently nobody with any amount of taste on the production team at FSFL. someone's gotta reel this guy in.

At first I didn't get if he scored or not, when Goldie started to sing for no reason

FrolikFan67

Apr 29, 2012
i was the same way. i was laying in bed, listening to the game cuz i was exhausted, i hear the build up of huberdeau going in then all of a sudden he very calmly sings the hubie doobie doo, i was like "did we........did we score or something?". i was expecting something with emphasis XD

i admit it is getting a little annoying :P

hockeydude1

#CatsAreComing
Mar 9, 2008
Florida
both? (or all three?)

It was poorly said. He should have gotten real excited and said score! and then proceed with the hubby-doobie-do. I'm not hating on that. Goldie is just an embarrassing tv commentator.

zeroG

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 5, 2006
Somerville, MA
At first I didn't get if he scored or not, when Goldie started to sing for no reason

It was poorly said. He should have gotten real excited and said score! and then proceed with the hubby-doobie-do. I'm not hating on that. Goldie is just an embarrassing tv commentator.

certainly was poorly executed and your'e right - if he sung after calling the goal it'd at least make sense. imo, it's still be cheesy as hell.

AwesomePanthers

Maybe next season
Aug 20, 2009
both? (or all three?)

Yeah, its freakin' awful.. embarrassing to hear..

King Panther

ElGrandeDbagSupreme
Feb 28, 2010
Fullerton, CA
How dare any of you hate Hubie Doobie Doo

i actually think moller could pull it off but it sounds Pejorative Slured coming out of goldie.

on a semi related note, man that set up pass to versteeg last night was sick. he made that pass so quick, and he had to make it so perfect for it to work with a couple of guys collapsing the passing lanes, it was simply unreal. huby is a stud.

Chino Oscar

Jul 22, 2002
West Palm Beach
I think he has been best dman since he got the call up. Not many mistakes and competes every shift.

And the body checks... seems like he is the only one doing that on a consistent basis. Loved the one where he checked the Bruin from in front of our goal all the way to the back board. Never want anyone to get hurt, but that was a great physical play.

flapanthersfan

May 5, 2010
Miami, FL
And the body checks... seems like he is the only one doing that on a consistent basis. Loved the one where he checked the Bruin from in front of our goal all the way to the back board. Never want anyone to get hurt, but that was a great physical play.

That was Weaver on Reilly Smith.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad